Totally new to tamas! Need help choosing my first... (and more)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mozaique

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I really need help. I have 2 fake connections (a V1, a V2) but now that they got me pretty addicted, I feel like trying the authentic experience of owning a real tama :)

I went on Ebay... And gosh they're so expensive!!! 25$ for a 2004 toy... Is this expensive? I got my fakes for less than 10 dollars... Where do you buy your tamas?

Also, I thought on getting a connection V5.5! A royal edition lol! Does anyone here own a V5.5?

What other versions do you like?

The V.6 doesn't seem that good... Becoming a music star, I dunno...

Someone gave me an Amazon.com giftcard so I'm planning on getting eather a Tamawatchi with Mametchi or another fake V2... Is the Tamawatchi big enough to fit a growing teen? It's so cu-u-ute!!! :D

Thank you very very much in advance :)

Mozaique

$25 is not particularly expensive, I got several of my Tamas for that. However, you can find a lot of the Connections (versions beginning with a V; V4, V5 etc.) for less on eBay. eBay is the best place to get black-and-white screen Tamas, but if you want the colour ones try HobbyLink Japan or CDJapan.

Here's some information on some of the versions!

• V2 - it's quite simple, you can't really do much on it. Just feed your character, play games with it and the other stuff you can probably do on your fakes.
  • V3 - basically the same as the V2 with different characters, games etc.
  • V4 - same as the V3, but with different characters, games etc. and new features: skill points, school and work. Your character gains skill points from games and school, which it uses to get a job and earn money so you can buy it food and toys.
  • V5/V5.5 - you raise 3 Tamagotchis at once, it's really the same as 1 since you feed and play with them all at the same time. It's simple and not very needy, good for people who don't have much spare time.
  • V6 - it doesn't sound that great but it's actually really fun, only if you have a lot of spare time though. It's very needy and if you want to win concerts etc. you do need to spend a lot of time getting skill points.
  • Tama-Go - some people love it, some hate it. The reason people love it is because it has a lot of the features of a colour Tamagotchi without the expensive price. The reason people hate it is its size, the price of figures (accessories that provide extra games and stuff) and the fact that it's "boring".
  • TMGC+C - a bit like a Tama-Go but in colour and with a few more features. Basically a colour version of the Tama-Go.
  • iD/iD L - a colour Tamagotchi with considerably more features than the TMGC+C. Look at this topic for more information.
It's been a while since I used Tamagotchis so sorry if any of this is inaccurate. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The price of a tama really all depends... I've gotten several for below $25 all you have to do is search around. Amazon tends to be a bit pricer in my opinion. The reason you got your fakes at such a low price is just that they are not the real deal, they are knock offs and knock offs are always cheaper. I've gotten my v3 and v4.5 for ~ $10 each.

I can suggest you ease into the tama craze with buying one or two connections, as they will be the most similar to what you have, but if you are comfortable with having a tama in Japanese ( it's not overly complex and I'm sure there are tons of wonderful people here that will gladly help all you have to do is ask) then you could go for a Japanese connection or even a vintage if you find a decent price. Some will go for under $10 but depending on the tama you will probably be spending $15-30 ($200+ for some such as the devilgotchi)

If you are comfortable spending even more than $30, you could look into a tamagotchi colour. The cheapest one to find will probably be the P's I say this because it is the newest and going to be the easiest to find, the tamagotchi plus colour, id, IDL, (the basic units) are all discontinued and can be a bit pricey. All colours except for the ID L E is I. Japanese the ID L E is in English but can be pretty pricey to get one.

I am currently running my v6 and it's not too bad, it's a very different concept and its enjoyable to run it once in a while, it is a very high maintenance one to run though, I haven't run the V5 or V5.5 an I'm not too sure but I think the royal is for.. Japanese versions? And the celebrity is for American, I could be wrong on that.... But I have seen both so... I could be right. I have a v5 enroute to my house.... So if you would like I could tell my experiences with it.

I but my tamas from ebay ( I shop for the best deal, if I don't like it I wait that's the genius of ebay) also look in the want to sell forum of tamatalk there are almost always someone wanting to sell a tamagotchi there ( that's how I got my idl 15th anniversary, a special edition of the idl)

Hobby link Japan, cd Japan and amiami are all great places to look for the P's and nanos mostly, they display discontinued tamas and do have the many of the deco pierces for the tamagotchi P's.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask I'm sure someone will answer them for you!! And welcome to the tamagotchi craze nation!!!

I'm not sure if you can find a v4 there, but good luck!! And not a problem Hun I have quite a few tamas so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I got alot of mine for fifteen or ten but that was when they first came out they are either going to be alot cheaper or more money now that they are not in most stores in the usa amazon and e bay is the best choice.

I got alot of mine for fifteen or ten but that was when they first came out they are either going to be alot cheaper or more money now that they are not in most stores in the usa amazon and e bay is the best choice.

Yeah the more I wait the more expensive they get! x.X They're getting rarer and rarer since Bandai stopped producing!!

A cute pink P's tama caught my eye on Amazon.com. It's not that expensive... But I'll have to save up a little while ^^ Wish I hadn't bought so many 3DS games!!!

You can look for tamagotchi P's on ebay and might be able to find one for a lot cheaper than amazon... I have noticed that amazons prices tends to be higher

Hobbylinkjapan Japan also have two sets... One is pink and yellow and comes with the coffret pierce I know odds has this P and it looks tres cute, they also have the Aikitsu set

And good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep looking Hun!! Odds is really great at finding a deal so... She also has a tamagotchi id l, it's purple and has been refurbished, you can always see what she is asking for it, I have the Id l and it is a really fun tama (and my fave colur tama so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back