Photo
- - - - -

button removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

autumns

• autumns user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:04 PM ( #1 )

Will the tamagotchi work if you take the buttons out and use a pencil to tap underneath the button sensor

Replies

Views

Started

14 Aug 2013

Last Post

15 Aug 2013

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:41 PM ( #2 )

If the piece is metal, maybe, but you need the sensor on the bottom of the buttons. They work much better then something non-conducting...

Kait

• kait user photo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:43 PM ( #3 )

From my own experiences, yes.

When I was younger and I owned a Dinkie Dino, my little sister gnawed the buttons off during her teething phase, and I removed them completely. I was using a pencil directly on the board (similar to when someone debugs a v3). 

But be warned that using that after a length of time will mean that it gathers the graphite, and will probably stop working. I don't really know, though. I gave up on the pet before this happened, but, makes sense. 

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:23 PM ( #4 )

i used a pencil tip to press them, so for as far as i know, yes :)

unless things have changed :P

Asia*

• asia user photo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:01 PM ( #5 )

I just got a P1 in the mail with really crapped out buttons (only one button was actually in tact) and I tried using a screw driver and other various somewhat pointy but dull things to press the buttons and it got really tedious and hardly worked for me.  :( I think I will eventually try to switch out the buttons when I have an extra set... good luck trying to get your buttons to work! Hopefully yours aren't very bad!

autumns

• autumns user photo

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:28 AM ( #6 )

Ok I hope this'd works because glueing fake foam only made it worse so i had o to ake to off suvks because I used super glue never again. Will I ever touch that stuff