Photo
- - - - -

Pop'n Music

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Arika122

• arika122 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:44 AM ( #1 )

Uhhhh... I didn't figure anyone has played this, but in a nutshell, it is a game with 9 buttons you have to press according to notes on the screen (it is a music game) and it is Japan exclusive -_- Any of you guys played it?

Replies

Views

Started

17 Aug 2013

Last Post

10 Apr 2014

Nathalietchi

• nathalietchi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:26 PM ( #2 )

I've never played it but it sounds a bit Guitar Hero-ish.. Am I right? 

Well, if it's similar then I'd have to try it someday because I've been totally addicted to GH  :D

eon.eon

• eoneon user photo

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:10 PM ( #3 )

Reminds me of this old video

I've never played it, I'm pretty slow when it comes to highlights.

It's like DDR (dance dance revolution) for your hands lol...

Edited by eon.eon, 20 August 2013 - 06:14 PM.

TangoBunny

• tangobunny user photo

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:45 AM ( #4 )

I've played the first Pop'n Music!  I had an imported version for the Dreamcast! ^.^   I've played the silly (and not very good) XBLA game 'Beat'n Groovy' too!

I really wish that I could play more Pop'n Music games, but there are no arcades anywhere any more where I live (not that they ever had a Pop'n Music machine anyway...), and importing Japanese PS2s and rhythm games are so rare and expensive!

I need my dose of Uncle Jam and...  aaa... those two mascots... I forget their names.  Nyami and Mimi, I think?  The cat and rabbit!  ^.^

portokal

• portokal user photo

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:48 PM ( #5 )

Never played it but sounds really cool to me. I should download it :)

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:17 PM ( #6 )

Never played it but sounds really cool to me. I should download it :)

It's an arcade game machine?  :huh:

I've played it a bit before because I have been playing Dance Dance Revolution for a while now and I have recently expanded to playing other Konami's games.

I do think the game is fun although the hard modes can get really tricky at times. What we do is I play the game sometimes together with a couple of friends and we assign "lanes" to each other to hit, LOL :D

Dogge

• dogge user photo

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:59 AM ( #7 )

lol yes

popn is pretty much the only thing i care about. i play 41's and 42's at this point but i only have one video of me playing and it's just a 35. been meaning to take more videos while playing to track my progress. i play at game underground in framingham, massachusetts. if anyone's interested from around that area. pretty weird because i was just going to make a thread in here about popn, lol

boop, found the video. external link to my popn score log tumblr. i like to play with chara pop on because it's hilarious.