Photo
- - - - -

Furbies... What do you think?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: A couple of questions.... (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think furbies are creepy?

1. Yes (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. No (12 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

3. I dont know what a furby is... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do Furbies wake you up?

1. Yes (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. No (16 votes [94.12%])

Percentage of vote: 94.12%

Do you Totally HATE furbies?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

2. No (17 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:14 AM ( #1 )

I've been hearing the talk about Furbies around here. I used to want one, but after all these topics I've changed my mind.

I'd like to hear your replies!

-Tamacass

Edited by Tamacass, 18 August 2013 - 02:17 AM.

Replies

Views

Started

18 Aug 2013

Last Post

28 Sep 2013

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:33 AM ( #2 )

I don't care for them, but I don't "totally hate" them. They aren't so fantastic because they mostly just talk and get tummy aches and that's all. XD

Peasley

• peasley user photo

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:41 AM ( #3 )

I never really cared too much. I had two furbies when they first came out. I liked the really cool fur designs amd colors. I didnt feel scared or creeped out by them by any means. I found that their care was sort fof boring though and they were really annoying to take along anywhere.

noodle-tchi

• noodle-tchi user photo

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:21 AM ( #4 )

I don't think that they are creepy! They never wake me up. They sometimes wake up when I don't want them too. E.G. When I pick them up once I have played with them to put them back in their place. They never  wake up if they are asleep and you don't touch them though. Unless they fall over. I don't hate Furbys. I love them. :wub:  I have an original 1. (Although it broke when I dropped it. :( It was a grey color. I don't have it any more.  :(  ) A McDonald 1. (Same thing. Broke when I dropped it. :( It was also grey. I still have it though.  ) 1 2005 "Hey Furby!" Edition. (Still working. ^_^ It is actually probably my favorite Furby. I LOVE the voice recognition and that you can speak to it in both Furbish and English! I have the yellow and pink version.) Last but not least a 2012 reboot. (My 2nd Fave! I LOVE the app! So much fun! :D I have the white 1. The first wave version. It is SO FLUFFY and SO CUTE! I still have it. :))

Order I like them in: 1. 2005 "Hey Furby!"

2. 2012 reeboot

3. McDonald Furby

4. Original Furby (I think it looks a little bit creepy. I dont remember it that much because I was only little. I still like it though! :))

EDIT: Oh. I forgot too say something. I can actually speak fluent Furbish. (I have got too much free time on my hands I know) Not even my friend could speak fluent Furbish and she played with hers more than I played with mine! She did not believe me when I said so. I said to her Furby in Furbish "Kah May-may U-nye" (Me love you. There is no I in furbish so you use Kah for I but the translation means me.) The Furby shouted "Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!" and started to dance. My brother did not believe me either so I had to show him with my Furby too. Does anyone else here know Furbish?

Edited by noodle-tchi, 18 August 2013 - 04:30 AM.

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:07 PM ( #5 )

Furbies aren't that bad its lies! or what people think i love my blue furby i dont love it more that mcuh  as tamas ;)

mozaique

• mozaique user photo

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:58 AM ( #6 )

They so freak me out with their big wide eyes and ever-too-happy expression  :o I mean I'm a natural nervous and easily-scared person but they really are freaky  :rolleyes: PARTICULARLY the new ones!!!!  :angry:

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:21 AM ( #7 )

I never really thought they looked all that creepy tbh

I used to have 3 of them when I was younger (2 originals and an original baby furby) and I really liked them

I kind of want one of the new ones but when I think about them I know I will probably get bored with it not long after I'd get one, which is why I can't see myself paying the outrageous price they have on them these days.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:34 PM ( #8 )

I really enjoy my furby toys. They all get played with, even if they don't have battery in them. I really do love them.

It took me forever to realize a possible reason to be scared of the furby. (originals) Mars Attacks Aliens... Same eyes, older movie that used to be on a LOT as a kid. The newer ones, the flashy eyes when they change can be freaky... Then the random turning on/motion occurances were enough to shy people away.

The current costs of the newer versions can detuor a potential furby owner to not want to buy one. Someplaces, they are a bit cheaper, but not by much. The original costs still were a bit more then parents wanted to pay, but much more affordable.

Yet another reason to invite them to be everywhere, which could be a good reason...

Izzy429M

• izzy429m user photo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:11 AM ( #9 )

I loooooove furbies

Claiken

• claiken user photo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:51 PM ( #10 )

i kind of want an original one, from the 90s. 

FairyWars9

• fairywars9 user photo

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:10 AM ( #11 )

I like Furbies but not the 2005 versions, those things remind me more and more of Grimliens espeically the Furby Baby... ._. Just stick to the 1990 or 2012 versions!!!

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:22 AM ( #12 )

I love the furry little guys. I'm thinking of buying a vintage one off eBay Tuesday when I get paid.