Photo
- - - - -

Are the iD L's buttons suppose to be a little laggy?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jennchi

• jennchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:11 AM ( #1 )

im just curious if its normal..

Replies

Views

Started

20 Aug 2013

Last Post

22 Aug 2013

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:30 AM ( #2 )

I found mine to be a bit on the laggy side as well. Button presses dont always register making the skipping game challenging  

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:39 AM ( #3 )

Yes, I guess because the iD L is so complex. XD You cannot press the buttons as rapidly as on Connections.

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:22 AM ( #4 )

i think they are a lot better than those from the v6, i love the v6, but man those buttons are the worst!!!

• CheesyNoodleTama likes this

jennchi

• jennchi user photo

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:20 PM ( #5 )

okay, its good to know that its normal xD and the music stars buttons do suck A LOT!! Does anyone know if the tamagotchi p's has the same button lagginess?

-Ra-

• ra user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:47 PM ( #6 )

I've never noticed any sort of lag with the P's. As for the IDL's buttons, believe it or not, they're better than the previous ones if that's saying something. Still, as it's been mentioned, at least it isn't like the V6. :-)

Ra,
  • Amarisje likes this

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:33 AM ( #7 )

The P's buttons are a huge improvement over the iD L, but I notice the occasional slight lag if I press one button multiple times rapidly. Sometimes I will push one of the buttons quickly after pushing the same button before. It will make a sound the way it is supposed to, but the button push will not do anything besides emit sound. I have to push the button again, and then it will work.

Since I've seen this happen on both my iD L and P's, it seems like it's pretty normal. It's not too severe, anyway. :)

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:25 AM ( #8 )

It's done on purpose - the device "listens" for input for every half-second to prevent erroneous (or deliberate) button mashing. Don't forget - this is a kid's toy in the first place.

In a way, it does encourage people to carefully read the interface first before making any choices.

The games are an exemption - input is being tracked real-time.

• Owl, CheesyNoodleTama and Amat Gotchi like this

Owl

• owl user photo

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:35 PM ( #9 )

It's done on purpose - the device "listens" for input for every half-second to prevent erroneous (or deliberate) button mashing. Don't forget - this is a kid's toy in the first place.

In a way, it does encourage people to carefully read the interface first before making any choices.

The games are an exemption - input is being tracked real-time.

Ah, that makes sense. I've been noticing lately that the buttons on my P's have been a bit laggy/ill-responsive to quick commands as well. As long as it appears to be normal though I'm relatively okay with that. :P