Confused on some tama related things.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

idkhaha

Reaction score
So, I have a bunch of old Tamagotchi's, 8 of them. I've had them for years. I have 2 v3, 1 v4, 2 v4.5, 2 v5, and 1 v6. I've not played them for quite a while, a few years actually, and the batteries have all died out. Well, I've forgotten what kind of battery they take (CR2032 if I remember correctly) and I was wondering if there are any new kinds of Tamagotchi's, and where to buy them. They used to sell them at the local Target and Kmart, but that was years ago.

If you could help and clear things up it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

The last Tamagotchi to be released in the US was the Tama-Go, which was released in 2010: https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/TamaTown_Tama-Go

Stores near me, like Target and Toys 'R' Us, carried Tama-Gos and accessories for them for about a year and a half, but they then disappeared from the shelves. To the best of my knowledge, most stores no longer carry Tamas or anything related to them. :( The demand them just wasn't high enough.

You can still easily find all US Tama versions online, both new and used, though. I've been buying most of my Tamas on eBay, Amazon and other online shops for years. There's a nice selection out there; you just have to be patient when it comes to finding good deals and fair prices.

Added:

Oh, and new Tama versions are still being released in Asia because of their ongoing popularity there, particuarly in Japan. The most recent versions have been in color (like the Tamagotchi ID, Tamagotchi ID L, Tamagotchi P, etc.). All but one of the releases have been only offered in the Japanese language. Just a small run of Tama ID Ls were made in English; however, they're more difficult to find and tend to be on the more expensive side.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably wont find any tamas in stores, so ebay is a great place to look. If you are thinking about possibly getting a color tama, the language barrier really isn't something to worry about. It's very easy to learn to navigate the menus on japanese tamas ;)

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the newer, bigger tamas run on two AAA batteries.

I find that Amazon is a good place to find US tamagotchis, whereas eBay is good for overseas ones and original versions (as in P1/P2 - they start at around $65 on Amazon).

HOWEVER, for new iD L's and P's, (in other words certain models which are still in production), Amazon is also a good place if you're lucky enough to stumble upon some listings. I recently snagged a Green P's for $33!
If you're looking for a Tama-Go, there were a couple of amazing deals on eBay. I believe it was one tama with six figures for $29.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back