Tamagotchi Screw Replacement Horror Stories

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neonmoo

Reaction score
Have you had anything go seriously wrong when attempting to remove the screws from your tamagotchi?

Im talking worse than just ruining the screw heads.

I recently got a NIB P1 and Umino and needed to open them up unfortunately the screws were in there very tight. I tried to get them out myself the consulted the screw expert (Dad). The P1 screws came out ok but need to be replaced now :/ however the Umino had super tight screws and had to be drilled :eek: everything was going ok the expert was on the case until . . . he came whizzing past me into the bathroom as he had managed to drill into his hand and out the other side :huh: I put a plaster on him and made him a cup of tea. We don't think it requires a trip to AnE, well not at the moment any way.

Poor Umino Im hoping it will clean up with some sand paper n a bit of displex.​

My young self getting into my black p2... Cutting into the back. To put it short, no more back and screws. Ever. (stripped screws, ready to play with it... Not thinking it through. Etc)

Oh yes, I completely ruined a Morino like this once. It came in a large lot, and the screws had been completely rusted (one of the reasons why I store my collection with silica gels, to avoid exactly this) and sealed shut. I tried and tried, but as they were completely rusted, they wouldn't budge. In fact, the heads just crumbled to dust when I forced them. I had to pry the back off with pliers. I then cannibalised another white spare tama and replaced the back and saved it.

Ra,

Oh yes. I have completely ruined (and I mean totally FUBAR) one of my v4s this way. One of the back screws holding the back plastic plate was screwed in so tight I had to break the plastic back to get it off, and then I used a Leatherman pliers and a lighter to melt the rest of the plastic off the screw. Then I pulled the screw out with brute force. The back has a chunk missing now and is cracked to heck; I only did it so I could get the screen and buttons out of it to go into a different tamagotchi. Still haven't decided if it was worth it.

Oh man, I hope the Umino I recently bought for $9 isn't like this... it might explain why it was so cheap. D:

But anyway, my used Angelgotchi's screws are actually very easy to take out, even though they do look pretty rusty. :)

I have an angelgotchi with stripped screws. I tried to glue the head of the screws , to see if it would help.

Now the screws are stripped , and glued. And batteries are still inside so they may leak at anytime...

I really don't know what i should do. I consider it ruined as it is. But if there is a way to repair it .. let me know.

Maybe i should try to drill them as your father did, but where ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back