Ebays prices to ship to Canada... rediculous!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claiken

Reaction score
I am just so frusterated right now. Ebay has decided to call Canada "international" from the USA. This now adds a $15+ fee on top of the already rediculous $15 shipping (you can find good quality bubble envelopes at the local dollar store), for an out of package no name pet that is listed at $15 that i am just purely curious about. for $15 sure. but im not paying upwards of $60 or $70 for osmething im curious about! Grrrr!!!!

Sorry, i just had to vent somewhere where someone would possibly understand!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you fell 10000%

I am also Canadian, And always find these great deals, then we get hit with a COMPLETELY useless $15-$25 "import charge"

and even with that you aren't exempt from paying customs charges if they do apply which is like 1% of packages.

I've been buying tamas from all over the world and never once had to pay import charges.

its a massive P>O. when you find a $10 tama and shipping is $15 and then there's a $15 random useless import charge

I've talked to a few great sellers who marked the item as a gift. That way, I didn't have to pay import charges.

It never hurts to ask!

Yeah, I know what you mean. > _ > I hate shipping costs. ; ~ ;

I especially hate how much it costs to ship FROM Australia; I cannot hope to sell Tamagotchi pouches I make because it costs at least $10 to ship overseas; with tracking would be $50 or more. :mellow:

S h i p p i n g :angry:

I used to ship really cheap to international countries from the US until my packages started getting lost then eBay says it is the buyers responsibility to refund the money in full. The only way to track a package internationally is to register it or send it express. Registering a package is a base fee of $15 plus what it originally costs to sent the item. I just sent a package via express international (a digimon with the box) and it was $52. I wish the post office would offer a cheaper option to at least track a package but they dont.

You guys could ask your postal offices about E-Packet mailings... Ya, they originate from China and such places... but Its made specifically for Ebay shipments to my understandings. It kicks it into high gear for fast shipments too. Some might be able to do that for you, I think you'd need proof of ebay sale and a few other things. Likely listed somewhere on Ebay.

See, all this time Ive been taking my chances on import charges (marked as "toy" or "gift"). Ive never had a charge even for in-package bigger boxes. But even at that - i would rather take my chances and *possibly* have to pay at my door rather than just paying regardless when i probably wouldnt have had to!

I realize people want to make their money hense the shipping charges probably, but the import charges are insane.

ebay will lose alot of business because people are usually buying things on ebay because theyre cheaper (even non-collectable items). but, with the importing theyre not cheaper anymore!! Really a bad, bad move on ebays part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back