Photo
- - - - -

Good starter version...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sushi Bassist

• sushi-bassist user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:15 PM ( #1 )

**Apologies for the multiple posts of the same thread, my Internet glitched out ): Really sorrry.**
Hello all,
I used to be very into Tamagotchis but as my workload gradually increased, I found my hobby disappearing.
Now that I'm in college, I have more free time (ironically) and really want to get back into tamas again. The last version I played continuoisly was the V4. I also at some point purchased a + Color but didn't have the chance to get into it (I think that was 2008). Now, I've purchased a P's that will be here in 3 or 4 weeks.
I'm thinking of buying another tama to help me 'prepare' for the P's and get accustomed to the system again. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to what version? A 4.5? A tama-go? I'm not really interested in getting anything too expensive since I already got the P's (ex. An english iD L), I just need a stepping stone of sorts.
Thanks in advance,
Sushi

Edited by Sushi Bassist, 01 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Replies

Views

Started

01 Oct 2013

Last Post

04 Oct 2013

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:20 PM ( #2 )

Tama-Go would be the best :)

I think you will find it interesting since it has some new features such as changing the room theme, and attaching extra Gotchi Figures, and it has a new screen display with various shades of gray.

Also, it isn't too complicated so it would be good to start with ^_^

Sushi Bassist

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:34 PM ( #3 )

Thank you for your quick response!
I thought Tama-Go would be the best option too, but really just wasn't sure.
By the way, does it really make a difference having a wave 1/wave 2? I'm thinking mostly of the technical differences, like the wave 1 having the plastic cover covering (wow that was redundant) the entire front.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:59 AM ( #4 )

The only actual difference between Wave 1 and Wave 2 is that the mini-game that comes with the Gotchi figure is different. The Gotchi Figure game on Wave 1 Tama-Gos is "Cradles" where you have to drop the baby on the moving cradle. The Wave 2 game is "Coin Catch" where you move a basket to catch falling coins.

Sushi Bassist

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:11 AM ( #5 )

Ah, ok. ^o^ Well, I ended up ordering a wave 1 tama-go (white). Thanks for your help again! ^^

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:25 PM ( #6 )

You'll love the tama-go it's one of my favorites, but without some extra characters it can become a bit boring. I've bought them all in a set on ebay (all 12). I really advice you to buy some extra figures :)

Sushi Bassist

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:03 AM ( #7 )

Ok, thanks Amarisje! I'll keep that in mind. :D