Coming back to tamagotchi after 4 years.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmie

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently wanted to come back to tamagotchi's, after about 4 years of not playing. The last one I played with was music star (V6?), and need help finding out:

• what versions are currently being made
  • Where I can get Tamagotchi's in canada (Excluding E-Bay)
  • How to use these tamas:
photo1_zpsd9f39cef.jpg

sorry big photo omg

and is there any guides to tamagotchi (How to play/growth charts?)

thanks!

Tamagotchi is no longer sold in stores. they were discontinued in 2010.

However Japan still makes tamagotchis. downsides as the prices to get them here and they're in japanese.

and you can only buy them online in places such as Ebay, Amazon and japanese import sites.

in order from left to right those tamagotchis are

Tamagotchi Connection Version 5

Tamagotchi Connection Version 3

Tamagotchi Connection Version 5.5

the version 5 and 5.5 are the same tamagotchi essentially. the v5 just has a few different characters and some other minor details.

you can view guides for them here:

Guide for tamagotchi v5: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/136686-v5-tips-tricks-index/

Guide for tamagotchi v3: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/107297-tamagotchi-v3-guide/

heres the whole topic if you wanted to poke around: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/forum/66-tamagotchi-tips-and-tricks/

Welcome!

As a fellow Canadian, I think eBay might be your best bet. As Ciara has said, they're no longer available to purchase in stores, unfortunately! I've had free shipping on several Tamagotchis! That said, the highest I've paid for shipping is $12. On average they arrive in about a week. The longest I've had to wait was a little less than a month, but that's only from one particular seller.

If you want to learn more about Tamagotchis, I would recommend searching up topics to see. Reading logs is a great way as well. Let me know if you have any questions about vintage Tamagotchis too! :)

Thanks for the help, guys! But I said in my first post excluding e-bay, as my father's not too trusting on that site. (I know, strange.)

& it turns out I got batteries for my tama's a couple of nights ago, and i think the pink one is a v 5.5 as well!

I will be looking for V4's and 4.5's though, do the Japanese import sites still have these?

and if we're allowed, could some list/Pm me a list of sites? thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if many Japanese imports will carry the V4/V4.5, but maybe someone here on the forum knows of one.

Having said that, the V4/V4.5 are dubbed a little bit differently overseas in Japan. If I'm correct, they are known as the Entama and the UraTama, and are a lot better than our Americanized counterparts.

Yup, I actually remember quite well the entama/uratama. I'd actually rather buy one just to collect and never use if I could find new!

At least kijiji is giving me some nice results. :) thanks for all the help! ;o;

(and the entama looks like 50x more fun, when looking at it from logs).

The pink one is a V5.5. I've seen it before in Hong Kong when they were being sold , but I bought a different design

if you are ever up for a trade, id like to trade one of my tama's for that purple v5.5.. I love that shell ^.^ if there is ever one your looking for let me know cause I have just abo all versions :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back