Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

robodog

• robodog user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:05 PM ( #321 )

I had Fox News on in the background while I was reading a Stephen King novel last night. They actually announced the return of Tamagotchi on one of their shows.

TamaLey

• tamaley user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:45 PM ( #322 )

I'd just wait for them to be released in stores. Seriously, this version is not worth 40$. Both me and Carol and also our another friend are already bored with it, not sure how other tamafans would like it, but I'd hate to see people who waited anxiously to get their tama and then getting dissapointed...  :(

I'd even sell or trade my one if I wasn't a collector who wants every version.

I was happy to hear that they may be in stores again, but ever since I found out about the new ones in more detail I just been really disappointed. I know a lot of people are, and if so many of us tama collectors feel that way I worry about people who aren't into tamagotchis so much. I just hope parents buy a bunch for their kids to make sales good so we can maybe get something better later on. It's all more of the same, and I hate having a connection to another website. 

I will get one or two for collections sake, I like two of the shell designs, but it is boring....

Just gonna continue to play with my P's and iD L. 

Edited by TamaLey, 28 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:34 PM ( #323 )

While I'm sure it's not nearly as fun and complex as the P's I don't mind that it doesn't have tons of features. All I need is a pet to take care of. That's all I really ask for in a Tamagotchi. As long as I have that I'm golden.

• .:M@TT:., Sugar Bunny ♥, tamatown123 and 2 others like this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:02 PM ( #324 )

For me just something like a v4 would be enough, or even a v2. I really am not picky but seriously though, kids have higher expectations these days- I don't think that this tama will be a big hit... Well, since most tamafans that had their first tama in the 90's now have kids then they probably buy them one from sentiment, but then again Tama Go wasn't released that long time ago and wasn't very popular...

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:26 PM ( #325 )

Yeah it seems that the Tama-go was swept under the rug if they are advertising tamagotchi like it's been decades since it's been released. I'm sad to hear my suspicions were true by everyone who bought one saying it's boring I knew that would happen probably because we're so used to the colour and all the great effort put into that and getting something so downgraded and featureless it makes the v3 seem to have better features at least that had both collection items and normal items.

Also I think it would've been better if they had just made tamatown an app or downloadable on wii u or something as the world these days is starting to move towards what Japan had been doing for years and only using phones for internet and now with tablets it could've work pretty well.

Edited by furbitchi, 28 November 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:44 PM ( #326 )

No no no, wii u- nope. It's very expensive in most countries. In Poland we don't even have nintendo. At all. So the prices of consoles and games are even more expensive here because they import it from UK (does pound have to be so dang expensive?)

An app... Maybe, but if it was something like furby app- it's a fun addition but is not neccessary at all. Addicting a toy from something else is just plain stupid. 

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:54 PM ( #327 )

No no no, wii u- nope. It's very expensive in most countries. In Poland we don't even have nintendo. At all. So the prices of consoles and games are even more expensive here because they import it from UK (does pound have to be so dang expensive?)
An app... Maybe, but if it was something like furby app- it's a fun addition but is not neccessary at all. Addicting a toy from something else is just plain stupid.

Yeah well it wss just an idea for a better platform to play online with I just don't think many kids will be using a computer to play drean town on I mean these days you see kids down the street playing with an ipad.

Infact the furby is what dream town is anyway an accessory what really needs to be done is a stronger and beter version of tamagotchi they ned to improve the good they are selling not the add on to it

Edited by furbitchi, 28 November 2013 - 02:59 PM.

NitraatPoep

• nitraatpoep user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:57 PM ( #328 )

http://m.scmp.com/ne...-time-christmas

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:47 PM ( #329 )

^ AH! That Mametchi plush is so adorable I want it! I hope they sell plushes and stuff as well when the TMGC Friends is released. <3 So it has 24 adult characters, or 24 characters in total? :huh:  And the price, yaaay! That's perfect. :D

Sugar Bunny ♥

• sugar-bunny-&-9829; user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:14 PM ( #330 )

Yeah it seems that the Tama-go was swept under the rug if they are advertising tamagotchi like it's been decades since it's been released.

Ha ha, I feel kind of like Bandai has always advertised subsequent Tamagotchi versions like it hasn't been released since the 1990s. Of course, that's probably because it's never had the same popularity explosion that it saw back then. The tama has become very niche in its modern iterations although that doesn't have to be a bad thing provided that the core fanbase is catered to

^ AH! That Mametchi plush is so adorable I want it! I hope they sell plushes and stuff as well when the TMGC Friends is released. <3 So it has 24 adult characters, or 24 characters in total? :huh:  And the price, yaaay! That's perfect. :D

Agreed on both points: if they have plushies, I'm going to be buying them up, and $20 is just the price point I wanted to see for the unit itself. As for the 24 characters question, it's hard to tell because that information could have been lost in translation. If I had to guess based on past versions I'd say 24 total characters across all stages, but 24 different adults would be awesome, especially if you could keep them as "friends forever."

As to the overall quality of the pet, I think it's fine for introducing a new western audience to Tamagotchi. Many of us have been spoiled by the Japanese versions, particularly the P's which, to me and I'm sure others, is quite the ideal Tama.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:32 AM ( #331 )

Yeah it seems that the Tama-go was swept under the rug if they are advertising tamagotchi like it's been decades since it's been released.

I don't blame them, it's not like the Tama-Go was much of a success anyway, haha. And that was three years ago too, which is a long time when it comes to technology, I guess. :)

I have a feeling that if the Tamagotchi Friends is a success (fingers crossed), they'll have no choice but to release a Tamagotchi with a colored screen... there's really only one way up from the TMGC Friends, and that's it.

• furbitchi likes this

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:20 AM ( #332 )

I don't blame them, it's not like the Tama-Go was much of a success anyway, haha. And that was three years ago too, which is a long time when it comes to technology, I guess. :)

I have a feeling that if the Tamagotchi Friends is a success (fingers crossed), they'll have no choice but to release a Tamagotchi with a colored screen... there's really only one way up from the TMGC Friends, and that's it.

Yeah I have an odd suspicion as Japan has yet to release a new version and it would be too late to make a p's in English anyway so maybe they are getting tamagotchi popular with TF as a minor version then release a much newer updated version In colour to attract more fans (I honestly don't see how the Tama friends will attract younger fans when it's so... Ugh I can't be botherd we all know now what it's like from what we've heard)

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:47 AM ( #333 )

Yeah I have an odd suspicion as Japan has yet to release a new version and it would be too late to make a p's in English anyway so maybe they are getting tamagotchi popular with TF as a minor version then release a much newer updated version In colour to attract more fans (I honestly don't see how the Tama friends will attract younger fans when it's so... Ugh I can't be botherd we all know now what it's like from what we've heard)

Well now that all Bandai Japan has to concentrate on Tamagotchi-wise is the Anime, making new Pierces for the P's and other random Tamagotchi products, it wouldn't surprise me if they were able to work on a new basic Color Tama for the US. Just a theory. But we'll have to see if TMGC Friends is even successful first, otherwise if there are any plans for a Color TMGC in the US, and TMGC Friends flops completely, I bet they'll be scrapped. :(

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:49 AM ( #334 )

I'm sort of annoyed about how cheap they are in the US compared to the UK. I feel so ripped off. You guys could buy 2 for the equivalent of me buying 1.

I honestly am starting to worry this is not going to be worth the £25 I'm going to have to shell out for it, and its pretty irritating. I paid five pounds more for a Tamagotchi with a colour screen and a ton more features. I'd have no problem paying £15 for it, but £25 is seriously pushing it.

• Layolachi likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:16 AM ( #335 )

In UK usually everything seems a bit more expensive to be honest... And I'm not okay with that since Poland usually exports from the UK. :/ Like, the 3DS would cost me like 100$ if I could get it from the US, but nope, region lock, had to get it from the UK. Holla 300$.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:26 PM ( #336 )

The articles say that there are 24 adult characters...and there are 24 on the character page.

http://us.tamagotchi...com/characters/

...I can't BELIEVE Nandetchi isn't there! Maybe he's just at the park but you cannot raise him. Fooey!

Or maybe the news articles got confused with the character page and thought they were the raisable characters, when they were just the anime characters.

So baffling! D;

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:50 AM ( #337 )

The articles say that there are 24 adult characters...and there are 24 on the character page.

http://us.tamagotchi...com/characters/

...I can't BELIEVE Nandetchi isn't there! Maybe he's just at the park but you cannot raise him. Fooey!

Or maybe the news articles got confused with the character page and thought they were the raisable characters, when they were just the anime characters.

So baffling! D;

Yeah, I thought the same... it would be interesting to see characters at the park that you cannot raise, though. I don't remember them doing that on the Tama-Go.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:10 PM ( #338 )

TamaTalkers living in the USA are lucky, $20 is pretty cheap. I don't think it's worth it to pay £25 for this kind of Tamagotchi.

Sugar Bunny ♥

• sugar-bunny-&-9829; user photo

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:33 PM ( #339 )

I don't blame anyone in Europe for not wanting to pay those kinds of prices for it because I probably wouldn't either. I'm sure importing the US version wouldn't be any cheaper. I know that things like Steam games are also more expensive in the UK, too, and I have no idea why. I suppose you all can be glad you have higher minimum wage and better access to healthcare if that's any consolation. XD

Edited by Sugar Bunny ♥, 30 November 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:42 PM ( #340 )

They are more expensive because the amount of pounds equals the amount of dollars when it comes to the price of games. So now instead of paying 20$ for ACNL I have to pay 50$. Go figure.