Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:46 PM ( #361 )

I was drinking water but I literally spat it out when I saw those pictures. XD It's not necessarily bad in my opinion; although I wished they had like, Tamagotchi characters talking and stuff in the advertisement. At least the girls aren't 6-year-olds haha.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:56 PM ( #362 )

Oh god "face palm" it's just like the furby pictures on amazon wii them randomly carrying a furby lol I can't wait to see the commercial if this is what they call a good photo shoot to promote the toy.

Edit: also I have been reading some japanese news articles about the TF and all of them are calling it "low tech" it's so funny even Japan thinks it's stupid to release such a low tech device coated to what they have one title was "reverse low tech toy is supposed to be fresh?" Well roughly translated and it talked about how bandai think by releasing a low tech toy overseas will gain more world wide fans it's so funny

Edited by furbitchi, 05 December 2013 - 11:06 PM.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:11 PM ( #363 )

It's just an ad. Doesn't discourage me from wanting one. And I like Mametchi's new sprite. It's already undergone many changes, what's one more?

tumblr_mxcuggrA3N1rid1wno1_500.png

tumblr_mxcuggrA3N1rid1wno2_500.png

I'm just going to lie in a corner and die now

Oh, good to hear :)

I'M DONE.  :lol:  :P

• tamastar133 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:34 AM ( #364 )

I found a video of someone with the blue Tamagotchi Friends.

The person who has it is Polish.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:41 AM ( #365 )

I spy them in the mirror. ^_^

I need one so badly, though. :wacko:

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:18 AM ( #366 )

*coughtama-gocough* I think I'll only get one if it comes to Australia but if not I'm not gonna waste my time and money on another Tama-go..... I mean on the tamagotchi friends of course... unless the dream world is super mega good but I doubt it will have anything super needed to get this to unlock items for it or anything.

I liked beings able to transfer ITEMS On tamatown money seems worthless except for buying food which isn't as fun and collecting jewellery sounds stupid especially as it has no real purse except unlock more games to buy.... You guessed it more jewellery if you could at least make your tamagotchi wear the jewellery or at least make it in colour I would be happy enough.

I guess "I shouldn't knock it till I try it" but all the videos photos and info is making me more and more disappointed by this version :( the call for attention on this version reminded me of this disappointment.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:43 AM ( #367 )

Oh look, the picture I made is on some sites. :P I guess because it looks like the official advertisements, with the music notes and stars and stuff. :P

http://www.toysblog....ni-90-in-arrivo

http://gizmodiva.com...pets-bandai.php

http://rethinkassociates.com/blog/ (go to the Tamagotchi Friends section and my picture is in the slideshow)

...Oh well. XD

• Brittygotchi and PrinJess like this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 AM ( #368 )

Haha cool. EMF is going to be famous. Thats pretty good it looks like a real advert.

bunbutchi

• bunbutchi user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:38 PM ( #369 )

The new release is the tamagotchi friends, which can be found here:http://ca.tamagotchifriends.com/

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:32 PM ( #370 )

I found a video of someone with the blue Tamagotchi Friends.

The person who has it is Polish.

It's our another polish friend!

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:09 PM ( #371 )

Some incredibly cheesy pictures of what looks like a future advert from Amazon UK

81KzMu0LX7L._SL1500_.jpg

81Bf2UL1b1L._SL1500_.jpg

81oU7pb3CZL._SL1500_.jpg

Do the buttons look yellow to anybody else?

These do confirm a few things though;

Mametchi has that awful sprite we hoped was a toddler

It has a gross blurry Tama-Go screen

Piantchi, Kiraritchi and Mametchi are raisable adults

Bandai have 0% idea how to market toys.

Those girls should like leave and just join a stupid phone commcel like Mametchi's head is way tttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big O///O  oops you can see it in their faces "I'm just doing this to get money because I need new outfits" gosh :(

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:18 PM ( #372 )

Did anyone actually relize that this is just a proto type photo of the screens so its not mametchi's offical sprite lol they have just enlafged it ots likley to look different.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:38 PM ( #373 )

I think they actually shrunk him... Plus he is sitting on the ground like he was sick, getting ready to leave... Ect. Mametchi seems to change looks more often then people think. Mimitchi did a few times too. (among others)

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:13 AM ( #374 )

No, actually characters in Tamagotchi Friends have this large heads or are large overall. It was a weird feeling to see a big kuchipatchi...

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:34 AM ( #375 )

Hahaha oh god I never would've thought that was what there sizes really were! How sad.

TamaLey

• tamaley user photo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:08 PM ( #376 )

I dont know, eveything about these new tama is disapointing. Like the only thing I like is the new shell desigins on some..but other then that, will there be fun things to unlock as you raise more genertions? Any suprises at all? Ugh, it is too uch like the tama-go...

But I still need one. XD

Those adds are really funny though...

• Ribonitchi and tamastar133 like this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:34 PM ( #377 )

Still don't think it's like the Tama-Go, but that's just my view on it.

And I'm not surprised in the slightest that the characters are larger, but I thought we already new this information? It only makes sense... Bandai have been overcomplicating their characters since the release of Lovelitchi, of course the new characters' aren't going to fit according to the old size dimensions of an adult-stage character. And if they left the older characters with the same dimensions, that'd look odd and out of place. Color sprites are larger than the older ones, so it only stands to reason that these sprites should be too.

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

The Ultimate Doomer

• the-ultimate-doomer user photo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:18 PM ( #378 )

**ACK**

That...that advertisement. ._.

My eyes.  Dx

Why is it just...very young girls.  >_<  And I'm 18...makes me feel "off" if I like it... :\

Too old for it?  Ah well...hope I don't seem silly... :D

• tamastar133 likes this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:42 PM ( #379 )

The sooner that people just completely accept that they do not fit the target demographic for Tamagotchi toys, the better. This target demographic is young preteen girls. The target demographic is NOT the only group of people that they are expecting to use their products, it's just where a large percentage of their market lies. Fact. You're not going to see an advertisement with a 10-something year old boy, a 20-something year old woman or a 30-something year old man, etc. Accept that, and move on.

• .:M@TT:. likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:53 AM ( #380 )

I have to angree. Tamagotchi was never advertised as a thing for "everyone", even though we all love them. Bandai couldn't care less about our complaints.
Also, I'm scared that tamagotchi friends won't make it, not because of lack of items, but even as a virtual pet, it doesn't have that 'pet' feel anymore... The characters are overcomplicated and often look like humans lately. And with the wepisodes, they will be given persosnality. And you are supposed to clean up poop after that and watch out that they don't die.
I just know that kids would rather take care of an actual virtual pet or an monstroisz moster thig, like order tamas often were...