Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sugar Bunny ♥

• sugar-bunny-&-9829; user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:04 PM ( #307 )

I really do hope that they will sell, even though that I think it's not a very good version... Just because then there would be a chance for them to make a better one. 

Those are my thoughts, exactly. I haven't given up on this version yet (especially because it has Dream Town functionality and new characters I've come to love), but I hope it is the spark for new and improved Tamas, a localization of the anime, and other merchandise like plush toys.

I was wondering if the full version of the anime, not the heavily cut webisodes, would either be released on Blu-ray/DVD or aired on television, as well.

• tamastar133 likes this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:13 PM ( #308 )

Looks as this is a whole new gen for tamagotchi.
First we had the p1 &p2
Then we had v1,v2,v3, v4, v5, v6 & v7 (tamago) - and everything inbetween (.5)

Now it looks like we are just starting the F series (Friends) so here we are at the f1!

There is a lot of next gen this year! Tamagotchi next gen, xbox next gen & playstation next gen!

I see it more as the following;

Vintage era (1996-1998) - P1, P2, Angel, Ocean, etc., worldwide

Connection era (2004-2008) - V1-V5C (V5.5), Keitai/Akai, Entama/Uratama, etc., worldwide

Color era (2008-present) - TMGC+C, iD, iD L, P's, etc., Japan/Asia (UK/Australia)

Post-connection era (2008-present) - Music Star (V6), Tama-Go (V7), Tamagotchi Friends, etc., worldwide excluding Japan (certain countries may different per release)*

*Post-connection era may differ if Music Star is added to Connection era (2004-2009 outside of Japan), and Tama-Go and TMGC Friends are part of their own Greyscale era (2010-present).

• Mamapatchi likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:24 PM ( #309 )

2pVaporeon, Carol and I have them already because we got them early from a polish retailer.

2pVaporeon

• 2pvaporeon user photo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:42 PM ( #310 )

Jhud, is there any way for others to get them like you two did? I have looked all over the internet..

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:58 PM ( #311 )

Probably not, unless you find a private retailer yourself... They are not officiallt released even here yet, or at least I think so since there are more and more offers on our local auction site, though I haven't seem any ads anywhere...
I think they are released in Spain though, not sure if it helps?

2pVaporeon

• 2pvaporeon user photo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:22 PM ( #312 )

No, it helps. Gives me hope at least. I plan on searching all night and day to get one. I've been too far behind in the tamafandom for too long. Thank you.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:42 PM ( #313 )

No, it helps. Gives me hope at least. I plan on searching all night and day to get one. I've been too far behind in the tamafandom for too long. Thank you.

They're not released yet. As Jhud said, some private retailers in Poland and Spain have already received early shipments and are selling them locally, but other than that, they're not being officially released anywhere until at the very earliest next month. I've seen various release dates, such as December 1st and December 9th, as well as the UK release dates December 26th and the newer, earlier projected date. They'll also be available in the US from Spring 2014. I don't really think that you'll be able to get one much sooner than next mid-December.

2pVaporeon

• 2pvaporeon user photo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:22 PM ( #314 )

They're not released yet. As Jhud said, some private retailers in Poland and Spain have already received early shipments and are selling them locally, but other than that, they're not being officially released anywhere until at the very earliest next month. I've seen various release dates, such as December 1st and December 9th, as well as the UK release dates December 26th and the newer, earlier projected date. They'll also be available in the US from Spring 2014. I don't really think that you'll be able to get one much sooner than next mid-December.

Yeah, i understand that they haven't been released. But hey, if somebody got them already then i have a shot at it too. Might as well try, y'know?

• SamJJE101 likes this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:50 AM ( #315 )

Yeah, i understand that they haven't been released. But hey, if somebody got them already then i have a shot at it too. Might as well try, y'know?

Haha, I know what you mean. I've looked into a few things already and decided that it was best to wait until the UK release date, for me. :)

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:23 AM ( #316 )

I'm just going to pre-order mine from Amazon. I'll probably go for good shipping though because I want it here on release.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:24 AM ( #317 )

I'd just wait for them to be released in stores. Seriously, this version is not worth 40$. Both me and Carol and also our another friend are already bored with it, not sure how other tamafans would like it, but I'd hate to see people who waited anxiously to get their tama and then getting dissapointed... :(

I'd even sell or trade my one if I wasn't a collector who wants every version.

Edited by Jhud, 28 November 2013 - 07:25 AM.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:12 AM ( #318 )

I'd just wait for them to be released in stores. Seriously, this version is not worth 40$. Both me and Carol and also our another friend are already bored with it, not sure how other tamafans would like it, but I'd hate to see people who waited anxiously to get their tama and then getting dissapointed... :(

As stated before, this Tamagotchi's main features are bumping and Dream Town. But because you cannot do either yet,  it just seems boring to all of you. XP

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:38 AM ( #319 )

Seriously, bumping doesn't really give you much except two games and exchanging jewerly, and maybe filling the bff meter, and Dream Town can be discontinued one day. Plus addicting a toy from an online site and making it quite expensive is just stupid... And as surprising as it sounds, not every kid has internet either. If it was a software on a CD or something I'd understand, but not an online site...

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:42 AM ( #320 )

I agree, 40 bucks for a glorified Tama-Go 2.0. That's what I'm waiting for a US release where, if it's 20 bucks, I'll be just fine with it. Crossing fingers it comes here, though.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:05 PM ( #321 )

I had Fox News on in the background while I was reading a Stephen King novel last night. They actually announced the return of Tamagotchi on one of their shows.

TamaLey

• tamaley user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:45 PM ( #322 )

I'd just wait for them to be released in stores. Seriously, this version is not worth 40$. Both me and Carol and also our another friend are already bored with it, not sure how other tamafans would like it, but I'd hate to see people who waited anxiously to get their tama and then getting dissapointed...  :(

I was happy to hear that they may be in stores again, but ever since I found out about the new ones in more detail I just been really disappointed. I know a lot of people are, and if so many of us tama collectors feel that way I worry about people who aren't into tamagotchis so much. I just hope parents buy a bunch for their kids to make sales good so we can maybe get something better later on. It's all more of the same, and I hate having a connection to another website. 

I will get one or two for collections sake, I like two of the shell designs, but it is boring....

Just gonna continue to play with my P's and iD L. 

Edited by TamaLey, 28 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:34 PM ( #323 )

While I'm sure it's not nearly as fun and complex as the P's I don't mind that it doesn't have tons of features. All I need is a pet to take care of. That's all I really ask for in a Tamagotchi. As long as I have that I'm golden.

• .:M@TT:., Sugar Bunny ♥, tamatown123 and 2 others like this