Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:49 PM ( #521 )

Got mine today! It's so cute! :D I have bad lighting in my room so these photos turned out weird XD

It's very cute! I already love this version. :) I am not at all disappointed! The screen is hard to see in not-very-good light but otherwise it's definitely one of the best versions ever and I've only played for a few mins <3

The buttons are very pleasant to press and the sounds are absolutely perfect! Not as beepy as the connections and not as fuzzy as the Tama-Go. :]

Also, the size is perfect too... the Tamagotchi is heavy at the back so it feels just perfect in my hand... It's just so perfect! I've said perfect too much lol.

1oxs.png

v5nb.jpg

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 23 December 2013 - 08:51 PM.

• Tamacass likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:56 PM ( #522 )

V2 came a year after the v1 and it still had some changes. Tamagotchi Friends came three years after the Tama Go, and it's not that different... When it comes to hardware, it sure is, but the engine is not different enough. And say what you want, Tama Go was not successful, so I don't know what were they thinking. A lot of people bought Tama Go because "omg, tamagotchi!" and yet it didn't sell well.

Remember Tamagotchi Clover, a project of one of Tama Zone members? THAT would be quite a tamagotchi- not simple, not complicated. 

• furbitchi likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:31 PM ( #523 )

I just can't get over how AMAZING the sprites for the jewelry are! I don't care if they don't do anything, they're just stunning to look at! I was in awe by them in Carol's video and they look even better on the toy in person... I don't like jewelry lol but I can tell Bandai did such an AMAZING job on these sprites! @w@

BTW I LOVE the close-up sprites for the characters as well! Just beautiful <3

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 23 December 2013 - 09:54 PM.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:31 PM ( #524 )

I'm surprised Bandai hasn't added a backlight to one of the B/W Tamagotchi models yet.

I think the screen's lack of clarity in dark places could probably be solved using an external light, though, like the old Wormlights for Game Boy Color or Game Boy Advance.

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:50 PM ( #525 )

I just can't get over how AMAZING the sprites for the jewelry are! I don't care if they don't do anything, they're just stunning to look at! I was in awe by them in Carol's video and they look even better on the toy in person... I don't like jewelry lol but I can tell Bandai did such an AMAZING job on these sprites! @w@

OMG! EMF YOU ARE DOING AWESOME REVIEWS I AM SO JEALOUS NOW :P

Good thing EMF is excited about this. But don't worry, because I will probably EXPLODE when I get mine. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I can't wait! Too bad today is Christmas eve and I haven't gotten mine yet.  My TF got shipped 3 days ago (Sunday <_<) and Dad said that it would probably be a week or 10 days before my package would arrive.

:mellow:...  :(...  :angry:

-Tamacass

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:26 AM ( #526 )

Here is my video but it is kind of boring, I will do a proper review later.

• lovelitchi_4950, Tamacass and tamagotchirocks like this

Tama-Star_Girl

• tama-star-girl user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:16 AM ( #527 )

IDK if anyone has posted this yet, but I will post it anyway.

I can't understand a word in this video, but its a good look:

However at 0:55 this little girl is handed this poster and other goodies. 
tama-friends_new-spanish_zps7f68ce3b.jpg

Then I noticed what was on the poster. You can make out Himespetchi somewhat but there are two other characters there. Now am I just imagining things, or is that Lovelitchi and Melodytchi? Its hard to make out but it looks like them. What do you think? If so, does that mean they are on the Tamagotchi Friends, maybe even as raisable? Thinking about it, why would they have two characters not obtainable in such presentation on that poster... It just seems odd and a shock to see them there because of anime related terms.

• tamastar133 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:20 AM ( #528 )

I think that poster is basically a copy of a Japanese one or something lol which is why it  has them two characters. :D They also have Moriritchi's Tamamori game on the Tamagotchi Friends site so yeah. owo;

Tama-Star_Girl

• tama-star-girl user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:32 AM ( #529 )

I think that poster is basically a copy of a Japanese one or something lol

Would Bandai be that lazy, not to edit it if so?

Also you mean this? http://us.tamagotchi...tamamori-tower/

Its basically a translation of the game from Tamagotch Channel, but yes a surprise.

Edited by Tama-Star_Girl, 24 December 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:48 AM ( #530 )

I do agree that sprites are qutie good, though the old characters look weird (like Kuchipatchi). I just like his old, unchanging look more.

TamaLey

• tamaley user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:50 PM ( #531 )

Wait...the jewelry has no purpose?? 

I do like what I have seen though with the closeups of the sprites. (Some do look weird but the jewelry is pretty..and I don't normally like much jewelry either.)

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:34 PM ( #532 )

Apparently after you collect 30 one of the games unlock.

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:53 PM ( #533 )

Apparently after you collect 30 one of the games unlock.

I thought that when you collected half one game unlocked and when you collected them all the 5th game unlocked? Thats what I gathered when I read the instructions. Either that or you need to bump with other people and fill the BFF meter.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:54 PM ( #534 )

Someone from Tama-Zone unlocked both of the two last games just by collecting 30 Jewelry pieces.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:41 PM ( #535 )

Hmmm but once you unlock both games it's pointless because you play the games to earn money to buy jewellery so it's like earning money by playing games on narikiri channel when you've collected all the costumes. You can always buy food but what's the point
  • *Hayden* likes this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:45 PM ( #536 )

I want one so badly, but the thing that I hate the most about it is that there is NO usable items :(
  • furbitchi likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:06 AM ( #537 )

I think it's weird how there's a little separate piece of paper with the instructions in the Tamagotchi Friends packaging, that says something like, "For optimal viewing, please set the contrast level to 1"... I think they knew about how the characters blend with the background and perhaps the American release will have an improved screen?

TamaLey

• tamaley user photo

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:46 AM ( #538 )

I want one so badly, but the thing that I hate the most about it is that there is NO usable items :(

What? No toys or nothing?? :(

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:21 PM ( #539 )

It was discussed already. Yeah, no toys.

I'll always be baffled how people compare Tama Go and Tamagotchi Friends to the color versions, especially the TMGC+C... They have obviously never played it.

• furbitchi likes this

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:56 PM ( #540 )

What? No toys or nothing?? :(

Nothing >n<. No toys, no cleaning items, no mailbox. Nothing.

I don't get how people are comparing these to Colours either. They have less features than most of the connections/connexions/plus's.

Don't misunderstand me though, I really do like my Friends, the basic-ness is a blessing after running Colours for a while. But they don't do much, and certainly nowhere near as much as any colours.

Edited by Pashalin, 25 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

• furbitchi likes this