Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:19 AM ( #443 )

I'm not bothered about the colour- its the below-par features that irritate me. It looks so basic- it literally has less features than a Music Star and I just dished out nearly £30 for it? My P's was just over £30 with shipping. The P's is so blatantly better and ugh. I've ordered one because this is gonna need all the support it can get. But get your act together Bandai.

• *Hayden*, 2pVaporeon and alisachi like this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:54 AM ( #444 )

With $40, I can probably buy a lot more, especially on Rakuten and other online shops :P

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:26 AM ( #445 )

https://www.facebook...497289613828924

Adorable TV advertisement! I'm sure young girls will love it! :D

I love how it goes BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 16 December 2013 - 06:27 AM.

TamaLey

• tamaley user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:21 AM ( #446 )

I'm not bothered about the colour- its the below-par features that irritate me. It looks so basic- it literally has less features than a Music Star and I just dished out nearly £30 for it? My P's was just over £30 with shipping. The P's is so blatantly better and ugh. I've ordered one because this is gonna need all the support it can get. But get your act together Bandai.

Do you think if they don't sell well in Europe, they won't come to America?? If it was a new color one, I would definitely pay more and order one, but it does seem so basic. I don't want to keep complaining about it, but I just feel it is a step back still. 

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:41 AM ( #447 )

I think Bandai America spoke of Tamagotchi Friends that it will need to keep the word of being released. Exp since Life kinda got batted down (and haven't heard anything more beside online webisodes, no product yet)

I think going back to roots is a good idea. Not fully the p1/p2 but from what people say, its basic like one with a few extra features... I just hate we have to wait a year for it to be in stores in the USA. It would have been a perfect Christmas surprise... Even Valentines is better then a year to wait. With the "new connection" feature they could totally use that bump feature as a huge sell point.

thetitaniumdrago

• thetitaniumdrago user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:40 AM ( #448 )

The official advert / commercial !

alisachi

• alisachi user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:59 PM ( #449 )

I personally don't like the whole Tamagotchi L.I.F.E stuff...

• 2pVaporeon likes this

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:42 PM ( #450 )

I personally don't like the whole Tamagotchi L.I.F.E stuff...

This isn't Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, it is a completely different thing. Tamagotchi L.I.F.E is for late teens/early adults. Tamagotchi Friends is for kids. 

alisachi

• alisachi user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:51 PM ( #451 )

I know they're two different things, SailorRosette mentioned l.i.f.e being batted down and I just stated my opinion on it - Doesn't mean I don't know the difference between the two.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:24 PM ( #452 )

Okays. Sorry I mentioned it. There is a topic about Life.

Anywho. Looking forward to Tamagotchi Friends... Next year. Lol.

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:25 PM ( #453 )

I know they're two different things, SailorRosette mentioned l.i.f.e being batted down and I just stated my opinion on it - Doesn't mean I don't know the difference between the two.

But you didn't quote her... it just looked like you were randomly saying that you didn't like Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, so I assumed that you were confusing them. 

I really don't like the advert- I know that if my non-existent child wanted something with that advert I would be reluctant to get it for them. Its incredibly annoying and seems very very rushed, which certainly won't help the sales which have already been hurt by the high price point.

Edited by Mamapatchi, 16 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

alisachi

• alisachi user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:42 PM ( #454 )

But you didn't quote her... it just looked like you were randomly saying that you didn't like Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, so I assumed that you were confusing them. 

I really don't like the advert- I know that if my non-existent child wanted something with that advert I would be reluctant to get it for them. Its incredibly annoying and seems very very rushed, which certainly won't help the sales which have already been hurt by the high price point.

Well I just found out how to quote.. hence your quote^.. still figuring TamaTalk out... 
The Tamagotchi Friends to me just seems like the Tama-go except there is no TamaTown and it has NFC(I think?) instead of IR.. I'm a bit hesitant to purchase the product though I want to try it. Hopefully those who have already pre-ordered will give us a review soon :)

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:32 PM ( #455 )

I know many are dissapointed because it is not in color. But if Tama Friends sells well maybe the next version will be a color one. It is a logical next step after all.
  • 2pVaporeon likes this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:00 PM ( #456 )

Alisachi, there is already quite a bit of people that have/had TF, like me, carol and few others (forgot their nicknames, but they are on tama-zone as well). If you have a question just ask one of us.

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:47 AM ( #457 )

Hi! I just ordered one off eBay. It said it would arrive between 2nd of Jan and 7th of Jan. Can't wait!!!

Even better, sometimes my packeges arrive early. I watched the unboxing video and the evolution video. Looks awesome!!!

-Tamacass ;)

NitraatPoep

• nitraatpoep user photo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:41 AM ( #458 )

I saw on fb that the first game is online, didnt have time to try it yet.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:11 AM ( #459 )

...Woah. That mini-games is from the Japanese Tamagotchi site! It doesn't even have the Dream Town characters...weird ._. I was hoping they'd actually make a new game instead of using the Japanese ones.

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 17 December 2013 - 06:14 AM.