Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tamagotchirocks

• tamagotchirocks user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:18 PM ( #621 )

:) Bandai Europe <3 <3

If you think about it, that's actually true! :D

I still miss the old Tamatown. It's really sad how they had to close it down.

Anyway, :lol:  :lol:  :lol: TOTALLY CANT WAIT UNTIL DREAM TOWN OPENS!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

-Tamacass

Yup! :) :D

I miss tamatown  cause....I never got to experience it!! :'( I want it back...

I want tamagotchi friends cause I want to experience Dream Town!

Hope the Dream Town will have the aspects of both Music City and old Tamatowns. Like, visiting your grandparents and stuff with interactivity of Dream Town.

Yah me too I really hope it does have those aspects....so I get to experience it xD

thetitaniumdrago

• thetitaniumdrago user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:54 AM ( #622 )

Here is bumping:

• TamaMum, Tamacass and Pashalin like this

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:40 AM ( #623 )

Now that Tamagotchi Friends has been released in several European countries and is available to order online via sites like Amazon, etc. can I just suggest that some of the posts being made in this discussion topic would be much more useful / more visible in TamaTalk forums such as Tips & Tricks / What's On Your Mind? / Help for New Tamagotchi Owners / What Happened to My Tamagotchi?

I don't want to close this topic as there is still some useful discussion info going on about which stores have stock, etc. - but it will help a lot of members if factual info from new owners are posted in places where they will be most helpful to the rest of us ;)

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:09 AM ( #624 )

All of the amazon reviews from people who've actually bought one. Oh dear.

"I wonder if the above reviewer got one and whether they were as disappointed as i was - total waste of money!"

"I bought 2 of these for my nieces aged 6 & 10. The screen is just about visible, I thought it would be easy to see as it was larger than the old tamagotchi. I had the old one as a child and they were better. Save your cash and get an old retro one!"

"I've been a Tamagotchi fan for years, so was really excited Bandai decided to sell them in the UK again. I have to say though I'm really disappointed with this. It's more expensive than previous ones have been, but the screen is so light it can barely be seen at all to the point that it is almost unusable. The whole build quality also feels cheap. I wish I'd read the reviews before buying. Really unhappy."

"I bought this as i remember Tamagotchi's from the first time round and remember my son quite enjoying it. I bought one for my stepdaughter I expected something better as technology has moved on. I have to say it is rubbish. you can barely make out what is on the screen and there is no on off switch for the volume. really poorly made and if i had seen a review that said this i wouldn't have wasted my money! £24.99 is a rip off"

"Do not buy these, the display is so unbelievably bad I can't believe it has made it to the shops. The screen is tiny and has none of the contrast settings make it usable. The only way these companies will learn not to rip us off with poor quality products is to not buy them, and if you are unhappy return it - it is not fit for purpose."

"Complete waste of money! The screen is so small you can bearly see it. Such a disappointment on Christmas day"

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:36 AM ( #625 )

A few of those reviews can easily be amended had they read the instructions to adjust the contrast via settings as well as to find out how to turn the sound off. As for the screen, is it not the same size as a Tama-Go?

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:58 AM ( #626 )

A few pages back there was a comparasion image of the tamago and tamafri both on the face.

This is EMF's post in What you have in the mail. The image is there, my bad.

http://www.tamatalk....-9#entry3255248

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:25 AM ( #627 )

A few of those reviews can easily be amended had they read the instructions to adjust the contrast via settings as well as to find out how to turn the sound off. As for the screen, is it not the same size as a Tama-Go?

I have one and the screen is still incredibly hard to see unless you're standing directly next to the sun, even with contrast on the lowest setting ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽. The Tama-Go was also a huge commercial failure, so it isn't really a good thing for comparison >w<.

Edited by Pashalin, 31 December 2013 - 11:26 AM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:48 AM ( #628 )

Complaints aside, I can't wait until they're available in the US. I doubt they're as bad as some are making them out to be. I'm just happy Bandai is giving Tamagotchi another chance in the States.

thetitaniumdrago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:50 PM ( #629 )

"and there is no on off switch for the volume." If they read the instructions, they would find out that you press A + C to turn the sound off. " but the screen is so light it can barely be seen" yes at first it is hard to see, but after a few days you get used to it, I was in London today watching a show and the whole room was dark and managed to feed it, and clean up its poop.

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:41 PM ( #630 )

"and there is no on off switch for the volume." If they read the instructions, they would find out that you press A + C to turn the sound off. " but the screen is so light it can barely be seen" yes at first it is hard to see, but after a few days you get used to it, I was in London today watching a show and the whole room was dark and managed to feed it, and clean up its poop.

The sound statement is false, but I've had my friends for a few weeks and I still can't see the screen very well

༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽.

Edited by Pashalin, 31 December 2013 - 03:41 PM.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM ( #631 )

All those reviews, ehh, in japan they charge around $40 (¥4000) With a tonne more features plus an LCD colour screen, and seriously, isnt 5 years enough to make a coloured screen one <_< BanDai hasnt been trying since the V6, but I wouldnt mind it if it was $20, but Im really actually thinking its kind of worse than the TamaGo hence there are no figures, and with the same price you can get a TamaGo with 3 figures , which has 2 games and a shop each, I hope they improve the USA/Worldwide release but that wouldnt be so fair to the Europeans...

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:20 PM ( #632 )

WHY DOES NOBODY ON AMAZON LIKE THE TF???!!! *starts crying*

I don't get it. FOR THE LAST TIME, it is the return of Tamagotchi!!! ... I JUST DONT GET IT. *Feels like crying (Really)*

-_-  :(  -_-  :( This has just made me really sad guys. Really sad.

Im really actually thinking its kind of worse than the TamaGo

WHAT?! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

-Tamacass

Edited by Tamacass, 31 December 2013 - 04:20 PM.

thetitaniumdrago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:59 PM ( #633 )

WHY DOES NOBODY ON AMAZON LIKE THE TF???!!! *starts crying*
I don't get it. FOR THE LAST TIME, it is the return of Tamagotchi!!! ... I JUST DONT GET IT. *Feels like crying (Really)*
-_-  :(  -_-  :( This has just made me really sad guys. Really sad.

WHAT?! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
-Tamacass

Hopefully this will cheer you up, on thetoyshop.com they are rated five stars and here is one of the reviews:
"This tamagotchi is the best thing I have ever played with, hours of playtime in this tamagotchi! Look after a pet and watch it grow! After 7 days your tamagotchi can get married and have a baby, then your tamagotchi can leave, you then look after your tamagotchi's baby instead, and they that tamagotchi can have a baby after 7 days and so on. Or you can choose to look after one tamagotchi for as long as you please. Lots of mini games, and shops. Also text other people that have tamagotchi's. And go online and play with other people at tamagotchifriends.com! Just great!"
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan and Tamacass like this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:05 PM ( #634 )

Can we all stop... Complaining so much? Personally, this is really turning into a bashing of the TamaFri to me.

Yes, some of us have them but others will need to wait for a rather longtime for them. Its kinda like a spoiler when people say they don't like them, featureless, etc. Look at the originals. Its like a return of the featureless tamagotchi all of us fell in love with. If this is directing to new fans, then its perfect to me. Relive the original with different characters, games and a few extra perks. (regardless how few there really are)

Atleast people gave TamaGo a chance. They tried it and then took their personal stance but kept it out of the big picture until later...

{end rant}
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan, TamaTamatchi and Tamacass like this

thetitaniumdrago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:36 PM ( #635 )

Can we all stop... Complaining so much? Personally, this is really turning into a bashing of the TamaFri to me.

Yes, some of us have them but others will need to wait for a rather longtime for them. Its kinda like a spoiler when people say they don't like them, featureless, etc. Look at the originals. Its like a return of the featureless tamagotchi all of us fell in love with. If this is directing to new fans, then its perfect to me. Relive the original with different characters, games and a few extra perks. (regardless how few there really are)

Atleast people gave TamaGo a chance. They tried it and then took their personal stance but kept it out of the big picture until later...

{end rant}

Agreed, the v2 made me fall in love with tamagotchi, back in 2005 when I got it for my birthday and didn't put it down until one day I lost it. So I went out a bought a v3, when I found out about the v4, I got that and it went on from there. All the v2, v3 & classics are the reason most of us fall in love with the franchise to begin with. What did the v2 have? Food, toilets, games & shops. Nothing special but I loved it. I found my original v2 a few months ago, put batteries in and loved it. So If you did love the original tamas, no point calling it rubbish because it's featureless, because a featureless tama is probably what made you fall in love with tamagotchi to begin with.
  • Tamacass likes this

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:48 PM ( #636 )

{end rant}

Thankyou, SR! I just hate when people complain!

Hopefully this will cheer you up, on thetoyshop.com they are rated five stars and here is one of the reviews:
"This tamagotchi is the best thing I have ever played with, hours of playtime in this tamagotchi! Look after a pet and watch it grow! After 7 days your tamagotchi can get married and have a baby, then your tamagotchi can leave, you then look after your tamagotchi's baby instead, and they that tamagotchi can have a baby after 7 days and so on. Or you can choose to look after one tamagotchi for as long as you please. Lots of mini games, and shops. Also text other people that have tamagotchi's. And go online and play with other people at tamagotchifriends.com! Just great!"

OK! That's totally awesome, TTD! It seems that thetoyshop.com sure likes the TF. :)

I mean, what's so bad about it?! STOP COMPLAINING AND GOING BEHOND TIME!!!!! ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE NOW BECAUSE TAMAGOTCHI HAS RETURNED!!!!

why do I always have to tell you people that?

-Tamacass

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:06 PM ( #637 )

Being negative is okay. Being positive also is. Let's just not go overboard, okay? Stop getting angry just because people have different opinions than you. We will see how the target audience will like it. 

• Astromeno, SailorRosette, TamaTamatchi and 2 others like this

thetitaniumdrago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:19 PM ( #638 )

You need to point out the negatives but not focus on them, mainly focus on the positives.

Counting Bodies Like Sheep

• counting-bodies-like-sheep user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:42 PM ( #639 )

Negatives are just as valid as positives, and therefore, both need to be emphasised. 

I agree with Hayden. The price for the TF is much too high considering the features (or lack thereof). This being said, a 'simpler' tamagotchi is not necessarily bad, as many people including myself prefer grayscale screens for nostalgic reasons. I'm thrilled Bandai has released another Tamagotchi and I can't wait to get one, but I'm still going to wait until they get a little (a lot) cheaper :) 

I also agree with Jhud. We here on Tamatalk are not necessarily the target audience... we're all free to express our opinion about the Tamagotchi Friends, but ultimately, the success of TF will not be determined by us. 

• Astromeno and TamaTamatchi like this

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:59 PM ( #640 )

hm... OK!

Well anyway, since it's new years day for me, my TF is not going to arrive today. :( oh well. I hope that dream town will open tomorrow!
I cant wait for the new Tamatown! :D

-Tamacass