Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:34 PM ( #61 )

I saw those... I think maybe someone was photo shopping those iDL looking ones. I would bet they are to look more so like the printed ones. I hope they have a few more colors of the printed types.

Nobody says you have to buy one...

I wasn't saying I didn't like the tamas, I really want one, I just hope it's not built as cheaply as it looks.

• Astromeno likes this

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:38 PM ( #62 )

to be fair these are just photo shopped versions. may be better quality in person. but I mean come on..

for $40 I could but a color idl...

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:42 PM ( #63 )

Nope nope Britty, just directing it to the people complaining without having much info on it.

These could just be prototypes. I am just pleased someone other than Japan/China is trying to make a tamagotchi again.
  • Carol_tama and Brittygotchi like this

PrinJess

• prinjess user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:54 PM ( #64 )

Still not America, though... :( I give props to the UK for trying. And who knows, maybe it'll sell so well that we'll get them in stores over here and I'd get to avoid insane shipping prices.

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:00 PM ( #65 )

I found an advert in a toy magazine. They look extremely fat- almost as bad as the Tama-Go

ulb4j7e.png

Mametchi looks bizzare? Hope thats not his adult because its weird.

It looks like the P's characters in an iD L shell too. Weird.

Texting looks promising, although the bumping concerns me.

• Eternal Mametchi Fan, riririn, Brittygotchi and 1 other like this

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:08 PM ( #66 )

I found an advert in a toy magazine. They look extremely fat- almost as bad as the Tama-Go

ulb4j7e.png

Mametchi looks bizzare? Hope thats not his adult because its weird.

It looks like the P's characters in an iD L shell too. Weird.

Texting looks promising, although the bumping concerns me.

omg I'll be severely disappointed if it's bigger than the iD L. That mametchi sprite reminds me of knock-off tama sprites. I'm still optimistic for its new features though! My main concern is the size. In the article it even mentioned how you everyone used to keep thier Tamagotchis in their pockets and I saw that as a glimmer of hope for it maybe being even smaller than the iD L, but I guess not :/

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:15 PM ( #67 )

They actually look like they're the same size as the iD L, to me? Definitely not as thick as the Tama-Go, that's for sure. But it's hard to tell from those stock photos and magazine article, anyway.

It's great to see that there's going to be "massive marketing support" for Tamagotchi Friends.

I'll be staying tuned for "www.tamagotchifriends.com", coming November 23 - Tamagotchi's (and Mametchi's) Birthday/Anniversary, fittingly. :)

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:20 PM ( #68 )

omg I'll be severely disappointed if it's bigger than the iD L. That mametchi sprite reminds me of knock-off tama sprites. I'm still optimistic for its new features though! My main concern is the size. In the article it even mentioned how you everyone used to keep thier Tamagotchis in their pockets and I saw that as a glimmer of hope for it maybe being even smaller than the iD L, but I guess not :/

Unfortunately also found this in the same magazine

PfGyCCH.png

SailorRosette

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:48 PM ( #69 )

The bumping reminds me of the Halmark Txt Bands. I have one, derp. Maybe same tech/idea behind it. That seems neat. Humm the characters they have have me way interested. (Of whom we have seen so far.)

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 PM ( #70 )

The bumping reminds me of the Halmark Txt Bands. I have one, derp. Maybe same tech/idea behind it. That seems neat. Humm the characters they have have me way interested. (Of whom we have seen so far.)

The bumping thing seriously concerns me, I'm worried kids might bump them too hard and shake a wire loose.

SailorRosette

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:22 PM ( #71 )

I think it'd be okay. I think they'll probably detect if they are next together and exchange data or be set by a command. In the text bands, you preset a message and shook your wrist. Anyone in range could receive your message, given your band was switched on. I am guessing these would work in a similar way but not requiring a physical bump.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:41 PM ( #72 )

IT HAS HIMESPETCHI!

**screams**

AND IT USES THE ANIME VERSIONS OF THE CHARACTERS!

It's a dream come true! I'm dying of happiness! Hopefully this will turn Tamagotchi as popular in the Western world as in Japan! I'm convinced they're dubbing Yume Kira Dreams now that it has Yumemitchi, Kiraritchi, and Himespetchi, three of the main characters from the anime.

• tamastar133 likes this

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:39 PM ( #73 )

Whoa sos this is the new Tamagotchi? looks cool-ish but there's only one important question. IS HIMESPETCHI IN THERE :D!!?

mozaique

• mozaique user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:43 PM ( #74 )

Gawd I really hope it comes to North America, ooh pleasepleaseplease Bandai...

If it does I'll try to get one in store as soon as I can  :wub: I have been saving up my money for a while now, glad I did!!

Last time I bought a Tama IN STORE (omg!! in store!!) was in 2009, and even then it was a fake V2 so yeah can't wait for boxing day now  :D Christmas day sure is going to seem to last FOREVER!!!

• pokemonboy10 likes this

SonicBlades

• sonicblades user photo

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:30 PM ( #75 )

Unfortunately also found this in the same magazine

PfGyCCH.png

They may not mean "bigger than before" as in the actual size but that it contains more features than it used to. Or maybe I'm just telling myself that's what they mean since I'm hoping it won't be too large. :P

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:45 PM ( #76 )

I think it means bigger than the connections. After all it says the four-shade display is "new" even though Tama-Go had it. ;)

I'm spreading the news everywhere; not gonna let Bandai fail again! I'm even making a video to promote the new Tamagotchi lol.

By the way...

http://www.tamagotchifriends.com/

I know it's just a blank screen but the domain exists! :D

• tamastar133 likes this

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:34 AM ( #77 )

I think it means bigger than the connections. After all it says the four-shade display is "new" even though Tama-Go had it. ;)

I'm spreading the news everywhere; not gonna let Bandai fail again! I'm even making a video to promote the new Tamagotchi lol.

By the way...

http://www.tamagotchifriends.com/

I know it's just a blank screen but the domain exists! :D

I'm really excited- probably going to pull an all nighter on the 23rd :b.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:28 AM ( #78 )

Looking forward to checking out the website before the Tamagotchi Friends' official release. Perhaps, like with the Tama-Go, we'll be able to guess which characters will be featured before it's release (we already know a few!) :)

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:51 AM ( #79 )

Idk why there are so many complaints about it. I think it looks nice, especially the printed ones are so nice, the logo above the display doesn't look bad either, in fact I like it.
I also like the display and that it's finally not a new color tama, I would be seriously disappointed if Bandai would produce only color tamas now. 
I am very excited about this tama and I am definietly going to buy one. And I hope people will finally stop complaining about EVERYTHING, gosh, isn't there anything that would please some of you? ;/

• SamJJE101 and Eternal Mametchi Fan like this

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:11 AM ( #80 )

Only 8 days until the new website opens!