Photo
- - - - -

Darn it!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Claiken

• claiken user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:37 AM ( #1 )

I had actually found a tata puppy & kitty tete on eBay... I had it, someone outbid me in the last 20 minutes. Where was I? Napping!! Grrrrr. At 24 minutes left it was still mine, I really thought I had it!!!!

This is why I like buy it now. Then you know it's yours.... I was really excited for it. And it's uncommon so I thought for sure... Ugh.

Sorry, just had to rant somewhere.

Replies

Views

Started

25 Oct 2013

Last Post

25 Oct 2013

PrinJess

• prinjess user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:20 PM ( #2 )

How about being outbid less than a minute? Here I was staring intently at the countdown, unwavering confidence, when suddenly I was outbid! What?! I thought I had won! Someone must have slow Internet or something because I didn't see their bid until I refreshed the page twice. I was outbid by only 50 cents, too... -_-

Edited by PrinJess, 25 October 2013 - 12:21 PM.

KarinaBM13

• karinabm13 user photo

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:42 PM ( #3 )

I feel you bro.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:55 PM ( #4 )

I was outbid by 1 penny (UK equivalent of a cent) in the last second. Yay. That was my first, and last, time bidding on something. :P

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:30 PM ( #5 )

Someone outnid me some time ago in the last 10 minutes in an auction with a giga pets compu kitty and a pocket puppy... I was VERY frustrated. :(

GotchiGuardian

• gotchiguardian user photo

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:40 PM ( #6 )

I was outbid by 1 penny (UK equivalent of a cent) in the last second. Yay. That was my first, and last, time bidding on something. :P

SAME.

Ugh.

I hate bidding, it's so depressing! Better get Buy It Nows at a bargain the second they come on, watch out for them!

What I do when bidding is ONLY enter your absolute MAXIMUM price you are willing to pay. That way when you're outbid you can step back and maturely say "Oh well, I really wanted that, but I didn't get it because I wasn't willing to spend that much money. I guess I hope the person who got it in the end is happy with their purchase!!" *walks off with peace of mind*

It works, bahaha xD

Claiken

• claiken user photo

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:24 PM ( #7 )

Same here, only outbid by 50 cents!! Should have raised my max bid before napping i guess... ugh. ill have to keep my eyes open i suppose.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:43 PM ( #8 )

I have had my shares of bid snipes, but you'll have your wins too. I have gotten lucky a few times in bid wars too. They happen but if you time things out, eventually you'll win a bid.

I have a TeeTee Kitty and the plush pouch. Its nice and the ending pixels are cute. I haven't ever seen a Dog but there are Penguins too. I believe bcause they are MGA pets, they are actually more sought after.
  • nerdbot likes this

Claiken

• claiken user photo

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:59 PM ( #9 )

Im not sure if theyre the same but this is the one i was after.

not sure who its made by though. i just thought it was one of those random no name pets that most wouldnt care as much about.

I placed my initial bid when there was only 11 hours left. i think it was a week long listing. and it ended when my timezone is at work... so it suprised me that someone else had bid at all.