Now i feel bad because i liked Twilight.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sofee123

Reaction score
I feel bad and dumb now because I liked Twilight. I like it because Edward treats Bella with respect and I like to believe that when you find they right person for you, he/she will love you like Edward and Bella love each other. Please don't kill me!

There's nothing wrong with liking Twilight! A lot of people hate it, but there are plenty of fans too. I understand why you enjoy it and so you shouldn't feel bad about it. :)

There isn't anything wrong with Twilight. Don't worry about it.

The whole hatred for it stemmed from some horror fans getting butthurt that Stephanie Meyer wasn't writing 'real vampires'. This is stupid in itself because vampires DO NOT EXIST. If I wanted to say vampires were bright orange with feathers instead of hair then it is what, in my particular brain/story vampires are like.

So, those Horror fans started moaning about it on the Internet, and eventually some random non-horror fanatic must have come across it and agreed with them, so they moaned about it and it grew and grew and grew until we have the complete and utter hatred for the series is just ingrained into western society.

They're not badly written, it isn't anything amazing in terms of how well it is written. But the story is fairly original and interesting. What people don't get is it isn't a vampire story, it is a love story with vampires involved. It isn't meant to be scary, thrilling, maybe, but not in any circumstance scary.

I admit, I can't stand the films, Kristen Stewart has the capacity to display emotion of a dead worm and it changes the plot way too much for my liking. But I love the books, and can accept that they're flawed, but no book is perfect.

Rant over :b.

I feel bad and dumb now because I liked Twilight. I like it because Edward treats Bella with respect and I like to believe that when you find they right person for you, he/she will love you like Edward and Bella love each other. Please don't kill me!
Why would you feel bad and dumb because you like a book (specifically because you like the way one of the main characters behaves towards another)? :eek:

and... why would we "kill you" for stating your opinion and giving a plausible reason?

I know that it's nice to hear approval / support from friends, but... is your opinion of TamaTalkers such that you think we'd judge everything about you based on what you think of one book? ;)

Reactions: Box
I'm not trying to hate or anything, but I've read a few pages of the book and it seems really good. The movies....not so much. I think it was the way the movies portrayed the book that got people so angered with Twilight.

People make jokes of Twilight, (Ex: better love story than Twilight) but I don't think they really mean it. They just hear of people hating on it, and hate spreads like wildfire.

The whole hate on Twilight is just a bandwagon that people want to join so others think they are cool, when in reality no one has read the book, nor watched all the Twilight movies.

Unfortunately, people will listen to their friends more than actual facts and reviews about something. I think if they hadn't made a movie for Twilight, no one would really talk about it. Like Mamapatchi said, people didn't really like how Kristen Stewart acted in the movie, and her role in it is one of the main reasons people hate the films so much.

To sum it all up, people watch the movie and then assume the books are just as bad:

picstache.com_6854_1352599200.jpg

Thanks guys. That makes me feel better. I don't, of course, think that people are literally going to kill me but, I'm used to a judgmental atmosphere. I did lose almost half my friends because I read Twilight. I probably should have explained that.

I read the first book. it helped me picture a better imagining than the movie. didn care for the movie, or the chosen actors. its not dumb to like twilight. I just think the movie could have been better.

I loved the books too. But was disappointed in movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back