How much longer should I give it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claiken

Reaction score
Still have not recieved my Nano Dino. It was shipped on Oct 19th, going only locally (no borders). only about a 4 hours driving distance.

How much longer should I give it before i file a case on ebay? Ive never had to do that before so i dont know what to do... havent heard from the seller since last week. ive been letting them know each day that i still havent gotten it.

They seemed truly confused as well last time I heard from them. and it had taken a bit to hear back, they said they were away with a family emergency. it seemed legit. So i really dont know what to do.

I really dont want my money back, if i had to choose between money and the item. because theyre so rare, and i finally found one!! But i dont want to get ripped off either.....

some feedback from ebayers would be great!

you should file a case, no way an item 4 hours away should have taken 3 weeks already.

they ALWAYS say "family emergency" when usually it's just laziness.

I had an item 5 hours away take 3 weeks recently. later to find out on the package that she shipped a week and a half after they said the item was shipped on ebay.

I'd file a claim immediatley, as you can cancel it ANYTIME but it can take nearly a month to go through fully. so start a claim. if it arrives you can cancel the claim quickly.

But, i dont want to sound like i dont believe them about the emergency. Like, in case it is true i dont want to be being a... well i cant use an accurate word while still following hte language rules.... for no reason.

the end of this week will be 3 weeks. maybe ill give it til friday then start it out. but ill maybe message them and just to say that its only to cover myself, and nothing against them. im sure they want their positive feedback too, right?

also cant say for sure if its like you said and they possibly didnt ship it, or if its just legitamiately lost in the mail or something.

filing is automatically blaming the seller, isnt it? Should i file somehow with paypal instead?

You should let them know that they have till 'insert date' to offer a solution. If you don't hear from them, you open a case.

Allways try to work it out with the seller before opening a case.

To be honest, I would be very angry if the seller just didn't reply to my messages. And though I understand you would rather have the nano than the refund, I don't believe they shipped the nano, so I'd ask a refund. If for some reason they are actually telling the truth, you can pay them again after recieving your nano.

I have dealt with a similar problem...

3 weeks is more then enough. The mail people (in most cases) will be happy to pick up packages from the mailbox or the seller and get them on their way. Electronic shipping info received? I hate when people do tracking/pre postage from home. It will say that until it physically moves or lands in a post office for sorting. At this point, I would head to the conflict area and put "item not shipped" issue and either it will make the person do what they need to or ebay will refund.

This point, you don't need to explain yourself. 3 weeks is more then fair for a package to be truely sent out. I believe you only have so long to get ebay invovled, so consider that too.

The ebay dispute info that I looked at says that if you have not received an item you must open a dispute within 45 days of making payment if you want them to help you resolve the problem. But I was looking at the UK ebay.

It may be different in your country - I think it may be 30 days in the USA - so I would definitely check out your ebay area for "Resolving Buying issues" and read through the procedure.

If you have not received any info from the seller such as a confirmation of shipping date and tracking info then you have to decide if you want to take the chance that you are being ripped off by the seller. Some people are just lazy and slow to get the items to the post office and sent to you - even after they have confirmed payment.

I understand that you prefer to receive the item rather than a refund, but you have to remember that there are plenty of ppl who hope that you will be sympathetic about "family emergencies" - it's a very common "excuse" to use.

In fact, even if the excuse is true then it is probably easier for ebay to handle the problem too - because human nature suggests that the seller is not going to prioritise trying to sort out delivery of your items over caring for a family member in an emergency...

Last edited by a moderator:
They did say in the message that it was shipped out the next day after payment though. Not just marked on ebay as shipped.

Its not the kind with tracking available unfortunately. normally i opt for regular as its cheaper and ive never had a problem before! I guess now a bit more for shipping info is worth it.

Is there any way to tell if a seller has read your messages even if they didnt respond?

I just sent them a note saying that I will be opening a case if i dont get it by this week, so that ebay will refund my money. So that way, im not directly accusing them, but its just clear that i dont want to get ripped off either.

in case they are innocent i dont want to automatically accuse them, you know?

They did say in the message that it was shipped out the next day after payment though. Not just marked on ebay as shipped.

in case they are innocent i dont want to automatically accuse them, you know?
Just my opinion, but personally I don't think you are "accusing" them - it has been 3 weeks since they said they posted it. What can they do about that? No way to track it so the only logical conclusions are that:

a. the item was not posted when they said it was (they lied and are not innocent)

b. the item WAS posted and is now lost in transit because it shouldn't take 3 weeks to arrive with you (they are innocent but should refund your money)

about that "in case they are innocent..."

.. if I were innocent and really had a family emergency I would straight away offer my purchaser a full refund if the pack didn't arrive by (agreed date) because family must come first and I would not have time to chase up info on an item I posted with no tracking and is now lost. It would be reasonable to expect a buyer to wait a bit more time than normal - but 3 weeks to get to you is not normal, right? You have already waited longer than normal / reasonable. So, sadly it is probably lost.

If it was "shipped" you may want to call your post office for grins. I had a package with tracking from Japan just die and turned out it was in "contamination" because someone dropped a dot of food on the package.(I do mean a dot, tiny and small) I ended up picking it up myself because the sorting/processing stopped about the time it would be there. (other post office staff checked for it too and finally found it, lack of that tracking number)

On larger priced items, later, I would recommend paying the extra for tracking. Even if its just an confirmation number because those update sometimes too. You can also learn time frames it takes to get a package from one place to the other. That makes it easier for those times you have no choice to have a tracking number or confirmation number. (exp when item is international shipping)

I did think about going in just to see if it is waiting there, and a delievery slip got lost/blew away. But then, it was just regular standard mail, it shouldnt have to be delivered in person.

i still do REALLY hope that its just taking longer than usual for some reason and is on its way, maybe in the mailbox tomorrow.

I did get a responce back today, from them just saying they appreciate the updates. and that they would try to check things out at their end too.

Without a tracking number though, im not sure how to truly ask about it? Just see if anything is there with my address on it?

As far as if its lost, I wish it was something common like a V3 or something, so easy to just get money back and buy another. its rarity is what bothers me the most. i know things happen, but i was SO excited!!

I checked out their feedback, both as a buyer and a seller, its all at 100% positive. others saying quick shipping and good communication, etc. it seems so legit!

Well, sadly enough i am prepared to open a case tomorrow... unless it arrives tomorrow. and have already been looking for another dino as i have a feeling now that this one will never arrive, unfortunately. it was the only one with the outdoorsey background too instead of just plain.

Ugh.

Id rather have to do this for something more common like a music star or tamago or something... so much easier to find another at an affordable rate. i have to factor shipping in too and will only be able to offer like $30 when theyre asking $60 (shipping comes out to 25-30 with the stupid new fees).

ugh.

It is best to open a case while it is still permissible, considering that it has been delayed beyond agreement.

Besides, if in case your item arrives sooner, you can always retract the case anytime. The point is, you are just exercising your right as a paying client. Hope everything works out well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back