How Large Is Your Music Collection?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your music colleciton in gigabytes...

• less than 1 GB

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 1-5 GB

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 5-10

• 10-15

• 15-20

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 20-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 40+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box

Reaction score
It isn't a contest, but it's interesting information nonetheless.

Tell us a bit about what you collect.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my iTunes, I have approximately 36 GB of music. Some of the music has big file sizes depending on its quality.

On my iTunes I have 3.04 GB. 454 songs, 1.2 days worth of music. Almost half of my music is from video games, so they're short songs with small files.

I have an iPad 2 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, MacBook Pro, iPod Shuffle 1GB and an iPod Touch 8GB and they're all full of music. I have about 35ish? gigabytes of music in my library on my laptop but I have many more albums that I have yet to put on my computer, let alone the vinyl records and cassette tapes I have in my collection. I have been collecting pretty much my whole life, so it's really added up over the years. I have tons of music, probably more than I should have and I try to pare it down every so often but it seems to multiply.

Basically my music collection is shamefully sparse. I've never gotten around to adding much.

3.4GB.

I hardly listen to any of it though. I just have them on my computer in case I want to use them for speedpaints. XD

I started my collection with a goal: collect enough of the best music from all genres and hand people copies as personal gifts

(and) no, it's not what I think to be the best of category; I pay close attention to others' opinions and make decisions based off observations

it's simply what seems to actually be the best at the time

I couldn't care less if I, specifically, had music to listen to

but so far, this collection has around 2,500 items (comprised of voice recordings, group call stuff, some VGM, parts of anime OSTs, classical music, alternative rock, rap, alt. pop, pop, J-pop, J-rock, country, rock... you get the idea)

the majority of my collection is in English, but at a mere 60%

I have songs from over 20 different languages and many more countries

*starts talking to self* Gosh, only 2,500? better get to work xD 13 GB is nothing... I guess it's been worth it so far, because every item was hand-picked.-. good, strong start

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehehe, the person with 40+ GB, I want to meet them. X) Mine is about 14+ GB, but I'm not included whats on CDs and my extensive collection of cassette tapes. :p

Honestly... I'm not a big fan of music, or at least I am faithful to few artists I listen to, and I listen to music mostly when I'm out (from/at school or on a trip). And I only have like...3gb of music on my iPhone. I am really NOT open to new expriences, I have that weird phobia of listening to new things, I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back