Lecturers (of every sort)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box

Reaction score
"This area is for talking about the things we listen to... Mostly music, of course!"
What 'bout those wonderful lectures we receive and/or actively seek out? That certainly falls under things to listen to (though, admittedly, I do read transcribed lectures quite often)

Now, there's all sorts of lecturers. Anyone from a liberal fifth-grader to a YouTuber to your history professor... All kinds of lectures by all kinds of people. (Well, not if you make a group of people entitled "people who don't give lectures," but you get what I'm saying)

lol, just felt like making a topic here that isn't about music... not gonna bore you with what I listen to (just yet), but it's nice to hear from others x)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, our Latin teacher gives random lectures about all kinds of topics that universally do not pertain to the subject of Latin.

Think Sweden, obesity, unhealthy food, various historical figures and scandals, conspiracy theories . . .

Whenever I sense lectures like these coming, I put on my iPod. He doesn't seem to notice. ;)

Reactions: Box
I have a "friend" - well, more of a friend of a friend - who loves to talk about two things - world politics and vegetarianism - both with a passion.

He cannot just meet a bunch of us for a friendly chat over drinks after work where we are all catching up with what's going on in our lives, without trying to start a "discussion" about the latest world events (and give us his take on it all) - or vegetarianism (he doesn't eat meat/fish and he always makes it clear that he prefers animals to human beings)...

When he starts one of his lectures I just switch off, take another sip of my drink or turn to another friend next to me and start a new conversation so I am not obliged to join in. I'm all for friendly discussion and looking at things from different viewpoints - but he is not. He is not very open to alternative opinions and to challenge his opinion is to invite a full on attempt by him to convert you to his view. ;)

(on reflection, I suppose that is not really fair on him. He talks about football (soccer) too - mainly the team he supports of course - but I have no interest in that either) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back