Fake vintage tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing but I didn't think that the real one has the logo on the top like that... does it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is blank, but I bought it used. It doesn't seem like anything else was there. The reset button is yellow. Then the back seems worn, not as bright. So it might be a good try or the guts might be tamas...

Maybe someone just put a different background in that ebay one?

Also, IDK if that's the same egg on vintage Tamagotchis or not.

So, lets say that background was changed, is that a legit shell?

i cant remember the egg well enough from my P1...

I would say this isn't real. Reset button is greyish in mine, boarder is hot pink, the blue is neon too. Think Lisa Frank colors, bam. No tamagotchi on the top. Checked a few on ebay new in box as well as my own.

I would say this isn't real. Reset button is greyish in mine, boarder is hot pink, the blue is neon too. Think Lisa Frank colors, bam. No tamagotchi on the top. Checked a few on ebay new in box as well as my own.
I know what shell youre referring to now! actually my friend had that one growing up... its yellow buttons, pink border and blue but iwth no logo right? and if i remember right (i borrowed it one time) the reset buttons are all the same/grey. hm!

Know what else i just noticed? the reset button itself is on the wrong side :p

Interesting... it possibly is a fake. :eek:

I wonder what its packaging would have looked like.
Like this probably:

IMG_0293_big.jpg

They also came in yellow: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bandai-TAMAGOTCHI-1-Generation-gelb-OVP-RAR-/131060882383?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Jr9XwLQsPmJFnB5lE0QkXdkZke8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The egg looks just like the one in this Chickpet: https://www.ebay.de/itm/SAMMLER-CHICKPET-Virtueles-Haustier-bekannt-als-Tamagotschi-NEU-/201003838158

They must have come out of the same factory.

Wondering if it's a real Tama shell but with swapped guts.

The shell looks legit. It says
© BANDAI 1997
MADE IN CHINA

just like on my P1. Besides, the reset button and the background could have been replaced with different ones.
Also, eggs are different in P1's and P2's depending on whether it's a japanese or an english version.
However, I'm not sure if they can have reset buttons on different sides...

It is also likely that someone simply put the guts from an odd pet into a P1 / P2 shell.

These are known fakes. They might look rather convincing to the untrained eye, but they're not the real deal. They say Bandai on them, but they're not a Bandai products. Why would chickpet guts fit into a P1 shell anyway? And with the reset button in the wrong spot they sure don't look legit (and if the battery cover was replaced, why would it say bandai on it?). They came with those guts installed, look at the background in this one (the seller was honest about this one not being a Bandai product):

$_57.JPG

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bandai-TAMAGOTCHI-1-Generation-gelb-OVP-RAR-/131060882383?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Jr9XwLQsPmJFnB5lE0QkXdkZke8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

tamagotchi.de is warning about them here: https://www.tamagotchi.de/Tipps/info.htm

According to the site you can identify the packaged ones easily by the "made in taiwan" print in the lower left corner. Bandai never made Tamagotchis in Taiwan. They came without batteries and were available in blue, yellow and white with black Tamagotchi logos.

Interesting. I want one, but not for more than 10/12$. Fakes are always interesting to me, but not for too much money. I've never seen a vintage fake before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back