"Thoughts?"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box

Reaction score
This topic could be a place to say what's on one's mind (nothing significant enough to warrant the creation of a new topic) and receive feedback on what one's said

I'll start:

reputation can be likened to saved money
it should collect gradually over time without much action on your part

with reputation, you could ask for certain little things. Like money, one might want to avoid spending it as it comes in, as people may not notice that the person in question's even in a good standing in the first place

similarly, watch how much you save... of course, this depends on the type of person you are (or, at least, what it is that you're doing), but one might be running the risk of seeming "fake"
doing everything in one's power to look good and please everybody could be compared to actively putting aside tons and tons of money you secretly know you won't live to (bring yourself to) spend

not to say that saving is bad, but people always seem to pick up on that sort of thing

-----

note: spending has no negative connotation here

Last edited by a moderator:
Feedback - please would you explain a little more about what you mean when you said "watch how much you save... of course, this depends on the type of person you are (or, at least, what it is that you're doing), but one might be running the risk of seeming "fake". I read it a couple of times and I'm sorry if I don't get it but what is the connection between the amount you save and appearing fake? :huh:

In my previous post, I compare reputation to saving money. I likened obsessively saving money to obsessively trying to keep your image up. Neither seem to be looked upon as good--saving money like an old miser makes one, well, a miser, and trying desperately to keep one's image up may make one seem a little fake or to be trying too hard

Wow - how interesting.

I've never thought of reputation being compared to saving money to keep your image up.

I only ever saved money to put towards buying stuff - like paying for a holiday, or some clothes or a "rainy day",

It never occured to me that people might think it miserly... of course, lots of ppl save "for a rainy day" if they can afford to because you never know what unexpected costs might come up. Washing machine packing up... - that's £300+ right there - some one in the family needs help with a medical bill... no idea how much we might need to help out with that... kids going to college - both of them hopefully....

Hmmm.... maybe I need to start saving some more - but not for my image or to be miserly :p

Reactions: Box
"it's easier to work when there's something on"
I believe that this may be because... well, I'll start with this:

we all want to do interesting or things otherwise important to us.

without a reason, would you work? if one wants to complete some task, that task will probably be done. if one really wants said task to be completed, it will be done eagerly (/hastily).
ever want to pull something out during a lecture? no, not your phone, but just something you've been meaning to get done. in my case, the lectures I receive are usually quite interesting, but I nevertheless find it easier to pay attention when working some simple thing (crafts, math, autorunner, etc.)
the previous example was kinda bad and I'm feeling particularly sloppy today, so I'll be cutting to the main idea: it's difficult when you feel you have absolutely nothing to do but one task. the general conception is that it should be very easy, having to focus on only one task, but for some, that doesn't cut it

some may just need something to ignore

whether it's feeling like you have a life or you feel at ease when you have things taking priority over one another, I suppose we all take solace in the knowledge that there's something else we could be doing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back