Does this cellphone work to download things in mi IDL?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbabyblue

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently got my IDL and decided to buy a cellphone with an IR port to be able to download things.

I have read in this topic https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=22536 that the sony ericson w300i would work; I bought that one but nope... not working, don't know if it is because of the cellphone or worse... if it is because my IDL infrared port is not working (which would be weird because everything else IS working).

Anyways I decided to buy another cellphone, and assumed it was some problem with the cellphone I bought, and I wanted to know if any of you have tried to download things with the Palm Treo 650 and if the IDL does work with that version or not, because in the list of the topic I mentioned is not included.

You see, in my country not even these old cellphones are cheap, and I really don't want to spend more money in a non-compatible cellphone. I would really appreciate if you could help me! thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you sending the files from your computer to your phone?

I initially had the same problem as you with my old sony ericsson. Because I don't have a cable that connects the phone to my laptop, I was blutoothing files from the laptop to the phone, and for some reason this resized the iDL downloads. To fix the problem, I copied all iDL files to my smartphone, and now I blutooth them from the smartphone to the sony. The downloads then send to my iDL successfully... even though it takes forever :)

I'm not sure how you're getting the iDL files to your phone, but some ways of transferring them resize them (I don't have the faintest idea why...) and this might be the problem. I hope this helps!

I was using the USB cable, thanks for the tip but I tried to do what you did and I can't connect my smatphone with the sony... so yeah, my guess is that the problem is the cellphone, I guess that everything related to the conectivity is not working in my sony :/ I feel so frustrated right now :(

I'll just have to go ahead and buy another cellphone, and the only good deal would be a Palm Treo 650... I'll keep my fingers crossed for it to work -_-

thanks but I've heard it's a little bit more complicated to use than a cellphone; and in my country an lrda adaptor + shipping would cost me approximately the same than buying another cellphone. Besides, it would be easier for me to just sell the cellphone (in case it doesn't work) than to sell an lrda adaptor

Did you use Binary's program? It converts the images you created. It also has some pre-made images that are ready to send. They can't be zipped btw, they need to be one image at a time.

No I didn't use any program, where can I download it? How should I use it?

Thank you so so much, but the links from both topics are broken :s Do you know the name of the program? may be I could search it in google or something. Thanks!

If they are from Binary, no. They should be set. USB transfers can take a lot of time because the USB thing doesn't always communicate in time with the tama. I use a ipaq from like 2002, that syncs fairly well as long as you have the things converted correctly with the IDLmaker. I haven't used a phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back