Photo
- - - - -

what is the RAREST tamagotchi?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:12 PM ( #1 )

k so i have been wondering this for a while, what is the rarest tamagotchi out there? and how much is it worth etc. or is there even a rarest? haha i know there are many rare ones but id love to know the top one or two??? does anyone know?

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Replies

Views

Started

19 Nov 2013

Last Post

22 Nov 2013

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:19 PM ( #2 )

*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*
  • oddsandendswithlove likes this

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:44 PM ( #3 )

Well I'm not sure if the Devilgotchi is the rarest but it's definitely up there! Actually if I'm not mistaken, the rarest might be a store deka? I don't know much about it, but it's large and red...

Counting Bodies Like Sheep

• counting-bodies-like-sheep user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:23 PM ( #4 )

I'm going to have to go with the Conan ID (not for completely selfish reasons I promise :P) I've seen many more store dekas and devilgotchis for sale than the Conan... 100 were made I believe (though english websites and Wikipedia will tell you 500). From what I've been told, Conans have been sold for up to one grand.

While I think the Conan is the rarest tamagotchi version, there are many shell designs of well-known tamagotchis that are rare. Check out the special Tamagotchi Plus editions on this page: http://www.bladespla...us-limited.html. Here are some rare vintages: http://tinkerville.c...amagotchi/rare/. ...and these are just a few examples! 

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:29 PM ( #5 )

I'm going to have to go with the Conan ID (not for completely selfish reasons I promise :P) I've seen many more store dekas and devilgotchis for sale than the Conan... 100 were made I believe (though english websites and Wikipedia will tell you 500). From what I've been told, Conans have been sold for up to one grand.

While I think the Conan is the rarest tamagotchi version, there are many shell designs of well-known tamagotchis that are rare. Check out the special Tamagotchi Plus editions on this page: http://www.bladespla...us-limited.html. Here are some rare vintages: http://tinkerville.c...amagotchi/rare/. ...and these are just a few examples! 

Oh yea lol that one is so rare I forgot about it XD

nerdbot

• nerdbot user photo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:30 PM ( #6 )

I think the Yasashii is the rarest. I never hear about it!

yasa3.jpg

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:36 PM ( #7 )

its definatley the conan id.

as NO ONE has seen one other that those super old images.

no one on tamatalk has one until now.

no ones seen it on, or videos of it.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:21 PM ( #8 )

I vote Conan iD but there are a few others a bit hard to get your hand on such as the special movie-themed Angelgotchi, although I once saw it for $20. :P

455.jpg

And there's also this special Seventeen TamagoChu design; I think this has a similar story behind it as the Conan iD because Seventeen is a Japanese magazine and I have never seen this anywhere before except on this link lol:

http://global.youthw...onID=k169330059

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 19 November 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Mallow_cup

• mallow-cup user photo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:23 AM ( #9 )

I've seen the Conan one for sale on Yahoo JP. Expensive but I have seen it several times. Overall I think the Devilgotchi or Yasashii are the rarest types of tamagotchi unless you get into designs and versions of other types such as the Conan or the Special Asian designed pets.

Flare.exe

• flareexe user photo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:46 AM ( #10 )

I'm not sure if it's the rarest,mbut I know the JAL tamagotchi is fairly hard to come by.
jaltams.jpg

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:25 AM ( #11 )

Also consider the Puma Edition Mihara Yasuhiro Tamagotchi.  You sometimes see the one sold as boxed set with Movie DVD, Puma Art book and special fan.

But there were two colour shell designs made, one is predominantly black (& neon) - that's one of the rarest tamas I have ever heard of:

puma.jpg

http://blogs.yahoo.c...se/6737207.html

I found the old TamaTalk thread where a member was searching for one.  neonmoo managed to find a couple of pics of it: http://www.tamatalk....shuhiro-mihara/

- the other shell design was this one - which is more common: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4160860215

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:25 AM ( #12 )

I think Santagotchis are quite rare as well, I never hear about them and they sell for quite a lot.

Claiken

• claiken user photo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:12 AM ( #13 )

Does the conan Id have anything do do with conan obrian??

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:30 AM ( #14 )

Tamagotchi restaurant is not a tamagotchi per se, but is quite rare and expensive. But yeah, Conan iD might be the rarest. 

I'm pretty sure that Conan is related to that manga about a thief. Oh, Detective Conan, yeah.

Edited by Jhud, 20 November 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Claiken

• claiken user photo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:02 AM ( #15 )

I think the Yasashii is the rarest. I never hear about it!

yasa3.jpg

Gotta ask, how did whoever know and change that picture? or did you do it yourself?

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:54 AM ( #16 )

Gotta ask, how did whoever know and change that picture? or did you do it yourself?

It's from a site that turns the image into that when it's posted elsewhere. :P

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:27 AM ( #17 )

It depends on whether rare is determined of how much it costs to buy when people sell it or how often they show up or even how many are made.

I think one of the rarest would be the Eco tamagotchi Kuchipatchi entama it was a campaign that was based from an Eco panda and a japanese green tea beverage I'm not sure if it's that rare but I've only seen them for sale once or twice and they wouldn't of made many

Also isn't the beta osu mesu supposed to be quite rare? As it was kinda banned and they are pretty hard to get

The Conan Id like everyone's saying is probably one of the most rare though..

If your talking all tamagotchi devices probably the rarest of them all would be the tamagotchi stations from id to p's as no one owns one and they are available to stores only. And also the tamagotchi restaurant.

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:48 AM ( #18 )

It depends on whether rare is determined of how much it costs to buy when people sell it or how often they show up or even how many are made.

I think one of the rarest would be the Eco tamagotchi Kuchipatchi entama it was a campaign that was based from an Eco panda and a japanese green tea beverage I'm not sure if it's that rare but I've only seen them for sale once or twice and they wouldn't of made many

Also isn't the beta osu mesu supposed to be quite rare? As it was kinda banned and they are pretty hard to get

The Conan Id like everyone's saying is probably one of the most rare though..

If your talking all tamagotchi devices probably the rarest of them all would be the tamagotchi stations from id to p's as no one owns one and they are available to stores only. And also the tamagotchi restaurant.

thats some really great points ^.^ i have never seen the eco shell before

when i mentioned this topic i had meant along the lines as to how many were made in total for rarity, cause i know some of the prices can be bet if waiting long enough, just take my santaclautchi for example i just purchased the nib green shell design for $93 total... haha the prices can be bartered with a little. i will be eventually looking for the devilgotchi but im in no hurry ^.^ i wanted to know what kinds of tamagotchi's that are out there that im obviously missing<3 thats why i made this topic ^.^