Question Regarding Tamatown

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mylation

Reaction score
I have some really good memories as a kid of my old v1 tamagotchi and wanted to get one for Christmas as a gift. What sort of functionality is lost by not having access to the tamatown website?

I was thinking of grabbing either a Connection v4 or v4.5 if not much functionality is lost or a Connection v2 if a lot of features are missing.

Thoughts?

Or as an added question, does anybody have a recommendation? I suppose getting a v6 might be cheaper/easier to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have personally never used TamaTown myself as it has now closed down and it impossible to use. :(

You can no longer get special items and such without TamaTown but all Tamagotchis are still enjoyable without the web site.

The Music Star is apparently heavily tied-in with TamaTown but I loved mine to bits even without accessing TamaTown. It has lots of features on my own but it may be too complex if you don't have much time on your hands. I would recommend getting the V4 or V4.5 as they have fun games and lots of built-in items, and then there's the fun school and work features you'll surely enjoy. :)

TamaTown didn't exist until V3, so you can play V1 or V2 with absolutely no difference.

As for V3, there wasn't too much to lose from the TamaTown.

I nevered played TamaTown on my V4 and have no complaints about missing out on functions, though I don't know what that TamaTown added

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I suppose I'll just poke around and see what the major differences between 4 and 4.5 are and see what price I'm looking at. I might get a pair of them for the IR functionality.

Version 4.5 has more fun games in my opinion... and the characters are pretty unique, but not as lovable somehow. Version 4 tends to be cheaper and easier to find.

The only Tama that seems to be seriously boring without Tamatown is the Tama-Go. You should be all right with all the rest to be honest.

I think they're definitely fun without TamaTown. I only played on it with my v3 and a very small amount with my v4/v4.5, and I never got to play with the v5, v5.5, v6, or Tama-Go tamatowns, so I couldn't say, but I think the functionality is still pretty great even without the online component.

And yeah, the v1 and v2 are completely free of tamatown features, so it won't make a difference for you that way.

The only Tamagotchi which loses a great amount of functionality is the Music Star, in my opinion. I'd highly recommend getting a V4.5 as it has the same functionality of a V4 but has fewer bugs.

Pretty much the only thing you lose without V4/V4.5 Tamatown is the ability to have all the souvenirs (which have absolutely no use, anyway)

So, if that doesn't kill you, go for it

One could rake in boatloads of cash using Tamatown, but it's hardly noteworthy, considering that the only thing you'd need to save up for would be the UFO, which is kind of useless but somehow 50,000 GP

I guess you couldn't gain the Royal Costume (donate several thousand GP to the King and get three souvenirs from Tamatown to obtain it), but it's kinda boring and only give you a password to some Corner Shop game

you really don't lose much... I'd say they're actually more fun, if you like the jobs you can get (you get paid for showing up everyday depending on how well and how often you do you job, and you get a whole new set of options when it comes to minigames)

(I'm thinking aloud, here)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that Music Star loses all that much without Music City... Well, you can't get some MC-exclusive instruments, the secret characters and it's harder to optain instruments and toys in general, but that's all.

Though I will always miss Music City, it was just SO fun...

Well I ended up getting a 4.5 with the globe pattern on it used on ebay for pretty cheap! It even came with the silly microphone dock that I'll never use and some software. I had to open it up and clean the button contacts because they were really dirty but it's been working great ever since!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back