getting bored of vpets/tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamafan325

Reaction score
hi guys :)

so..I'm getting bored of tamas and vpets.....there's no version i like anymore, they're also all boring to me, I just got a dinkie dino but there isn't much to do on it....i'm not losing my interest, as i still want to like vpets/tamas but they're just all so boring to me (except p1/p2)...do you guys have any suggestions on what to do? I don't want to stop liking tamas and vpets. Also, i like the p1/p2, but i can't buy any vpets/tamas for a while now, so i can't buy one

please help :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to take a break from them for a little while; there's no shame in that. You might get more interested in them once you've done that.

Know this from experience since I've taken many breaks from my Tamagotchis and end up coming back to them sooner or later.

I'd suggest pausing your Tamagotchis and taking the batteries out of them. You'll have no responsibility for them, and you'll end up coming back to them once you feel like Tamagotchis again. :)

What Amat said. Part of the reason for my break earlier in the year was because I couldn't invest as much time as I'd like into my Tamas, and I got super bored of them. I took a nice, long break and evntually realized I had time to spend on TT and running Tamas again- so I did. I completely regained my interest!

I made the irreversible mistake of throwing away my Tama Connections while keeping the TMGC+C and my UraTama. Ultimately, I sold the TMGC+C (for insanely cheap, the buyer/collector must think of me as ignorant) and traded away my UraTama.

I did what I did because I thought I'd never get back into Tamagotchis. A year and a half later, the interest ignited again. Guess what? The interest extinguished just as I was starting to get a collection growing again. Right now I'm running two color Tamas, but I'm not as excited as I was when I first started playing them. Maybe I'm too old to be interested in such things? This is why I'm running a log on here to hopefully regain interest along with my second pastime: writing.

Don't panic! You may not feel like running a Tama, but that doesn't mean you should stop liking them! Just don't do what I did and throw them all away. :blink: -_-

Take a break from them for a while, I did this exact same thing back in 2010 when I finally got bored of my music star tamagotchi (the constant beeping drove me nuts I tell you). The other reason I did this though was my frist ever P2 tama Webster stopped working around the same time, 2 years later I bought my series 1 japanese P2 Ryusei and my love of tamagotchi's came back^-^

I always had these 'waves' of interest in vpets - it comes and goes. But always comes back. ;) And I am always super excited about it when I get back to them. ;)

Like everyone says just take a break for awhile. I have periods where I don't feel like running Tamas so I just put them on the back burner for awhile. I always come back to them after awhile.

This happens to every possible hobby. Sometimes you just don't feel like it. Right now I'm not very excited about tamas either, but I'm at last trying to expand my collection again. I have a Tamagotchi Friends, +Color and an iDL turned on and they do feel a bit like a bother sometimes, but since I'm very depressed lately I need some new coping mechanism...

That is such a shame. :eek:

I honestly cannot remember what it's like to not be running Tamagotchis because I have never "lost interest" at all ever since I got my first one 7 years ago.

That's because I'm truly the #1 Tamagotchi fan

Anyway, you don't have to run Tamagotchis to be a Tamagotchi fan, in my opinion; if you still love the characters, watch the anime, etc, it's fine. ;)

Maybe you're having too much fun with playing video games and stuff. ;3 I assume that when you are "spoiled" with too many features in video games, it makes Tamagotchis seem too simple and boring. But maybe when you're taking a break from playing games, relax with your Tamagotchi and you'll eventually grow fond of them again. :>

I've been having those kind of 'periods' with school too. Sometimes I'm super motivated and I'm a real work-beast but a month later... bored x.X

Just don't worry okay! :3 It's normal.

oo perfect example!! me :]

i got bored around 5 months ago and just recently came back and now i'm participating in the next hatch.
on top of that, i was so convinced that i was done for good, but here i am :]

I just got back about a month ago or so, maybe 2 months, but i had been taking a break for roughly a year. it happens! and when i sparked interest again it came back full force after i started one, then i ended up running 5 at once! and now im buying again. i hadnt even looked on ebay in that year either!

thanks for the advice everyone!

i think i'm indeed going to take a break, maybe until christmas, because then i'll get myself a p1/p2 and i'm really interested in them!

thanks so much for all your help :D

The best thing for me to do is to take a month or so break, or even longer if needed so that when I pull my tamas out again, I will be much more excited to start one up :D That's what I usually do :3 Hope this might help!

Sakura.

Just take a break from them. I once took nearly a whole year off Tamas I did not even go on any Tamagotchi related site until 11 months had passed, and when I finally put the batteries back in, it all felt new again.

I recently took a one week break and couldn't stand it, I had to have them running again.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder." In other words you might find that you enjoy them after not having them for a little while. c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying though, the p1 and p2 are even more basic than the connections... you may end up bored with those too. just saying... i took out my batteries once i had the adult as i had just had that adult, and the pet itself got boring... discipline didnt matter anymore as it was already adult.

Just putting that out there, that the older ones are even more basic.

yeah, i know they're more basic, but i remember having lots of fun with my angelgotchi, so that won't be a problem :D

Well, angelgotchi has a bit more features. But running only a simple tama is not bad, since it will make you miss the more complex ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back