Scumbag Bandai...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchipatchi love

Reaction score
Sooo... I was annoyed at first when I realised that Tamagotchi L.I.F.E wasn't being released outside of America. So what did I do? What any resourceful tamalover would do. I downloaded an APK file with the app in it. It runs fine on my phone.

This morning I decided to look on the play store. I found Tamagotchi LIFE... Except now it was being called Tamagotchi Classic and Bandai is charging $5.20NZD for something Americans get for free. This is mildly irritating.

Also, Tamagotchi Life said that they were releasing apparel like clothes and stuff. Any evidence of this?

Thanks from Kuchi :wub:

*sigh* ...sorry it cost for you.

I think Tamatalk unintentionally shut down the main branch of Tamagotchi Life, honestly... People complained without seeing much of anything but models in 90's type clothing. Anz came here and was pretty saddened by the topic. She did some give aways which included some shirts and tama nanos. After all this, we might have gotten Tamagotchi Friends sooner if it wasn't for this back up in plans for Tamagotchi Life...

Maybe all the comments didn't effect it but I don't believe that unfortunately. We were suppost to have the stuff in the Fall, but nothing tamagotchi has been shelfed that is "new" of what I have seen.

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. did say that while the app is initially available in North America, it will eventually be released in other territories as well - although they did not provide a specific timeline.

There are actually two versions of the app released in North America - a free and paid version. Have you checked if there's a free ad-supported version on your Play Store? I can't check it myself since I'm from Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not even out in Australia so be lucky I doubt it will be too this has happened before with the fist tamagotchi app around the world and they finally released it and they never released the lite version just the 5 dollar version that wasn't even a good app.

Japan has the app too but it costs money for them owo;

The us gets one version, that offers you to remove the ads for 0.99 cents. :)

There hasn't been a webisode since February but they did do a recent poll for clothes I think

Apparently, Poland has the app too for either 5 pounds or euros, I don't remember what currency I have there... But it's still an awful lot for something like that. For this price you can buy a pizza or shoes. :/ No free version.

I think calling BanDai scumbags is a bit extreme :eek:

Like various members have said - there are different apps and different options in various countries.

Throughout the marketing history of tamagotchis we've seen different versions launch at different times in different parts of the world and we all pay different prices for our tamas depending on which country we live in.

There is no rule that a toy company has to treat it's customers in exactly the same way as every other country and it's hardly a massive cost.

If you want the app, by all means pay for it if you think it is worth it. If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. It's not rocket science :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back