Discolored ID L case

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaitoHitomi

Reaction score
So I had purchased an ID L off Amazon...long story short I ended up with a Tamagotchi P's as well, ID L was free. Lol. So I didn't open the ID L until recently, it sat in a spare dresser drawer for over a month while I enjoyed the Tamagotchi P's. Well I opened the ID L to just test it out once and planned on boxing it back up. Well once opened I noticed part of the shell is lacking color!? It's the part that would be visible in the packaging. Now this thing was brand new, never opened from Japan. Now I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten one like this...and what could of caused this to happen. I can't imagine sitting in a display at the store would of done it...

Well, there must be a reason it was free... Maybe it's the one? I don't know the story, so... Maybe it was a reject from the factory?

Can you post a pic or something?

Lol, it wasn't free because of defect. I doubt the seller even knew. It was free because the seller didn't ship correctly. I paid for very expensive shipping and he shipped standard. I ended up filing a claim and getting the P's instead (didn't even want the P's) but when all was said and done because of his mistake he gave it to me. Which was very kind of him. I'll try to post a pic. I can't remember how so give me a minute.

IMG_20131208_074414_383_zps862992c5.jpg

Hmm that is quite odd it looks like the box has been left in the sun due to the shape of the discolouration.

I thought sun might of been a factor but the seller said it was in a box with many other Tamagotchi ID L's and that it wasn't in the sun...I've seen the displays they set up in Japan and was curious of if the lighting they place over them coulof done it but I really don't know. I was wondering if anyone else had one similar to mine.

I've never seen or heard about anyone getting a NIB iD L that's discolored like that. It could have been the sun and the seller is lying or it could be some freakish factory mishap.

I'm not sure if you can fix it, but at least it was free, right?

is the coloration like this all the way around the tamagotchi? and usually if its sun its not white it leaves a yellowing over the blue. this is not typical sun burning?? O.O

Maybe it was used or displayed once... Playdoe or clay left long enough on plastic can discolor? Maybe sitting somewhere in the factory or touching something... But this is weird. As long as it works I guess, right?

is the coloration like this all the way around the tamagotchi? and usually if its sun its not white it leaves a yellowing over the blue. this is not typical sun burning?? O.O
it's not quite all the way around...it's there but not as bad on the bottom. and if it was displayed it had to be displayed in package because it was sealed correctly. It does work properly and everything and yes it was free which is why I'm not complaiNing. I just wanted to know if anyone else had gotten one like it, but it seems not likely. Lol. Hey, at least mine might be the only one like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
* Could HAVE. *

This is either because of constant sun or because it was lying hidden too long. Or it's just a manufacturing defect. My Angelgotchi and v4.5 are a little yellow-ish because they were hidden in a drawer for too long.
Also, I wouldn't say that's bad - it makes it look unique. It doesn't seem to look ugly. Plus it was free. I would be happy if I were you. xd

* Could HAVE. *

This is either because of constant sun or because it was lying hidden too long. Or it's just a manufacturing defect. My Angelgotchi and v4.5 are a little yellow-ish because they were hidden in a drawer for too long.

Also, I wouldn't say that's bad - it makes it look unique. It doesn't seem to look ugly. Plus it was free. I would be happy if I were you. xd
Lol, this is true! I am pretty happy, it was very kind of him to just give it to me. The only thing was, I was planning on trading it here for a vintage one if I could. Trying to find the one I originally had as a kid. But I doubt anyone would wish to have it. Lol, so I guess I'll keep it and maybe pick up another one to connect for the secret characters. Thanks everyone! <3

Is the box discolored looking when comparing it to others online? If so, it's sun damage.

Otherwise, it's the chemical reaction of the plastic. Old systems do that, but they tend to yellow, not turn white.

Or as others said, perhaps it was unboxed and put out as a display--regular indoor lighting can have an effect on plastic as well over time.

Its also possible it was painted purple pearl and that someone got bumped with another person painting white pearl. (left vs right handed)

Mistakes like this are scrapped usually though....

Its also possible it was painted purple pearl and that someone got bumped with another person painting white pearl. (left vs right handed)
Colours are painted o.o? I always assumed they just used a pearly plastic x3!

I don't think any type of painting would be the case because you can clearly see the plastic itself has discolored...under the pearly sheen.

Pearly plastic maybe, but it can be spraypainted. Maybe the spot wasn't painted but was clear coated... In some lights colors on just about anything can look different

(like light bulbs/floresence can have a bluish/purple tint) {car shows commonly use bright lights to show off the cars and make the colors reflect different (such as the mecum car auctions) I think that is somewhat may have happend during painting}

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back