In love with Tamagotchis... (literally)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Why am I embarrassing myself by starting this topic, you ask?

I've just been feeling...uncomfortable...about an issue I have. I fear that I am mental.

Er, so.

I'm in love with Tamagotchi characters?

Like, I literally want to be in a relationship with them and cuddle them and kiss them and stuff. :mellow:

They're just so cute and...**searches for the right word**...hot.

Uhm...awkward.

I think some people already guessed this by reading some of my extremely weird fan fictions lol. I've written even weirder stories about me and Tamagotchis but I deleted them because they were pretty private. XD

So, it started back when I was 12 and I watched the Tamagotchi anime. My first crush, of course, was Mametchi; I've always felt a special attraction to him and then seeing him in the anime made me officially fall in love with him.

I love him more than any other character, but I have developed crushes on countless other male characters. Yeah.

It's...sad...considering the characters are not "real" and I'll never be able to do what I want to do to them. I snuggle my Yumemitchi and Himespetchi plushes but what I REALLY need is a nice big Mametchi plush... >w<' Many of you know I am EXTREMELY sensitive about Mametchi, and that is because I love him and care about him so, so much.

I often stick my Mametchi figure in my underwear for no apparent reason.

I've typed too much so yeah, I'm just...

uh...

I don't know why I'm revealing this to everyone lol but I guess I just need some kind of consolation that I'm not insane.

But I probably am. Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're definitely not insane just because of this...I don't think it's exactly normal but none of us are totally normal. If it's not damaging your relationship with an actual person and if it's not upsetting/annoying/whatever anyone, it's fine.

I know lots of people who have "crushes" on fictional characters. There's even a few I might say I've found attractive, but it's more that I'm attracted to their personalities and not actually how they look. I think that's actually a pretty common thing.

This isn't really abnormal in any way that i see.

There are much weirder and more disturbing types, of i'll call it, "character loves" out their.

if anything like me, Tamagotchi were just a big part of your life that you don't want to see disappear.

This can happen with anime characters sometimes with people ever heard of waifu? ( guys that are in love with a certain anime characters have waifus) People can get overly attached to characters but you've gotta draw a line between reality and fiction I love lovelitchi but im not in love with her because shes not real and I know that.

I completely understand for I too 'crush' on fictional characters. A LOT. Perhaps it's because I'm 21 and never actually have been in a real relationship ever.

but, It is quite a let down to know that these characters don't actually exist...

I even went as far as getting myself a dakimakura of Sebastian from Black Butler. I'd be even happier if there was one of Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Anywhooo, I see nothing wrong with fictional 'crushes' if I did, I'd be a hypocrite.

Well, I just thought my case was weird 'cause they're not human. XD

But, umm... I do believe Tamagotchi characters exist in another dimension oops.

I'd say there's nothing "abnormal" about it (what the heck is normal anyway?) as long as you remember that Tamagotchi is supposed to be kid-friendly and make sure that you keep anything that would be kid-unfriendly out of spaces where kids can get to them. E.G.: don't be like bronies and cause the Googling of Tamagotchi to be an unsafe activity for children. :p

There's really no "normal" in life and plenty of people experience attractions to and crushes on characters, so I don't think you should worry about that.

However, if you find your attractions and love for Tamagotchi characters inhibiting your ability to be attracted to or have love for humans it could be something to look at a little closer.

I'd say, as long as you aren't letting it go beyond fantasy and you aren't letting these fantasies interrupt real life and relationships, you are allowed to think and do privately what you want. c:

There's something called cartoonphilia.

It's just the same as falling in love with anime/other fiction characters. It might be weird, but as long as it's not harmful, it's perfectly fine.

However, if you find your attractions and love for Tamagotchi characters inhibiting your ability to be attracted to or have love for humans it could be something to look at a little closer.
I don't agree though, people don't have to be attracted to other people. There's such thing as asexuality and aromanticity.

Well, I just thought my case was weird 'cause they're not human. XD

But, umm... I do believe Tamagotchi characters exist in another dimension oops.
No it's not weird at all.

it's not really much different than Anthropomorphic creatures, like furries.

The only main differences are the characters and that its not as wide spread of an interest.

There's something called cartoonphilia.

It's just the same as falling in love with anime/other fiction characters. It might be weird, but as long as it's not harmful, it's perfectly fine.

I don't agree though, people don't have to be attracted to other people. There's such thing as asexuality and aromanticity.
I guess I didn't put that very well, whoops! ^^;

I think it's totally fine to be asexual or aromantic, I just mean.. if you are someone who wants romantic and sexual companionship, seeking it from an impossible source instead of a possible and realistic source wouldn't be healthy. In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back