Favourite Books/Authors?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

music_chick_05

Reaction score
I thought It was kind of strange that there's no thread for favourite books and authors on the "Stuff We Read' section, so...here it is!!

Basically just talk about your favourite author(s) and book(s)! ( But maybe try to keep spoilers to a minimum :p ) And we can all recommend great books for each other :)

Okay, my favourite author right now is probably John Green. I read 'The Fault In Our Stars' a while ago (and the movie's coming out next year! Eeeek!) and my friend gave me 'Looking for Alaska' as a christmas present, and I asked for 'An Abundance of Katherines' and 'Paper Towns' as part of my Christmas list. (My grandma refuses to buy us anything besides books). Plus, he and his brother have a really cool YouTube Channel. but, beware, if you read 'The Fault In Our Stars', you WILL feel immensely sad afterwards.

But, I'm only going to start reading any of those John Green books after I finish 'Allegiant'. 'Allegiant is the third book in the 'Divergent' Trilogy (The first one being called 'Divergent'). I think I liked Divergent better than Allegiant though, Allegiant seems kind of boring (I think I'm just stuck at one of those boring parts, y'know?) But, I was the same with 'Mockingjay' and that ended up to be really good, so I'm guessing if i trek through this boring bit something exciting will happen soon.

So those are my favourites for the moment, but when I was younger I really loved:
Cathy Cassidy (author)

Ella Enchanted (book)

The Word Spy (book)

(aaaah, I'd think and write more, but my brain is kind of dead at the moment from the Australian heat.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mai favorite author is Erin Hunter 'cause they write the best book series ever, Warriors!

Warriors is just the perfect series for me... it's about cats, and it's full of deep, epic events and also has suspenseful adventures! owo I also find the concept of StarClan so beautiful... I think all cat-lovers should check it out. :]

Ahhh! Allegiant! Yeah the first parts were a bit boring but I swear the ending made up for the boring parts of the book. It's just a little bit disappointing compared to the first two books of the trilogy though.

Anyway, my favorite author is Agatha Christie because I really like reading detective novels with mind blowing plot twists. And one of her works, And Then There Were None, is a favorite book of mine. A real masterpiece.

Favorite books:
Harry Potter series

And There Were None and other books by AC

Divergent Trilogy (except allegiant)

Catching Fire

The Fault in our Stars

etc.

Favorite modern author: John Green

(Favorite books of his: The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns)

Favorite classic author: F. Scott Fitzgerald

(Favorite books/stories of his: The Great Gatsby, The Beautiful and Damned, Tender is the Night, The Last Tycoon)

My favorite book series is the Wheel of Time... A fantasy series :)

Anne Bishop 'The Black Jewels' series, J. K. Rowling 'Harry Potter' series, J. R. R. Tolkien 'The Lord Of The Rings' trilogy, Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, Trudi Canavan 'The Age Of The Five' trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back