Tamagotchi Friends Log ✿

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Hiii! Hayden wanted me to do a log of the Tamagotchi Friends so I will. :blink: In this log I will post updates on what characters I get, as well as other discoveries, opinions, and stuff. So yeah~

There were three eggs - one with spots, one with stripes, and one with a heart. I chose the spotty egg at first but it gave a girl, so I reset and chose the stripy egg. It gave a boy. I know that the heart egg gives girls as well so this is the most likely speculation:

• Spotty Egg - Random Gender
  • Stripy Egg - Male
  • Heart Egg - Female
The egg hatched into Aokumotchi. For some reason he didn't seem nearly as needy as the baby stages on most other versions. He got sick once and he took a nap during the middle of his baby stage, like on generally all Tamagotchis we are familiar with, and then he evolved into a toddler, Mitsumarutchi. The evolution animation is fancier than on previous versions. :D

When I was first playing with my Tamagotchi Friends I did notice that the character as well as the poops can blend in with the background. But after a short time, I had gotten used to it, and in a well-lit room the screen looks perfectly fine! (I have no electricity or light power in my room so I have an old lamp with an extension cord leading to a different room of the house). So yeah, the screen may look bad to some people at first but you get used to it!

The battery compartment has a very different design from all other Tamagotchis but it reminds me of the battery compartment in many other toys I've seen. I wish I could take a photo of it but then the batteries be out and so I'd have to reset (or rather, download) but I don't feel like doing that at the moment.

By playing Mimic, I have seen the sprites of the other raisable characters. The adult sprites are huge compared to the other stages but that's pretty good I guess. :D I have seen Maimaitchi, Cosmotchi, Bokuhoshitchi, Neotchi, Nokobotchi, Puchihanatchi, Painaputchi, Kuchipatchi, Memetchi, Mametchi, Acchitchi, Righttchi, and Coffretchi... maybe a few others but I'm forgetful.

As for the Tamagotchi Friends design itself, it just feels so comfortable in my hand! The buttons are pleasant to press, and the sound is just perfect; not as sharp as the Connection sounds and not as fuzzy as the Tama-Go sounds. The back of the Tamagotchi is heavier than the rest so when you put it down on a desk or something it just goes PLONK! Somehow this Tamagotchi seems heavier than the Tama-Go even though it is obviously smaller. I think it would look better if the shell wasn't like, divided into so many sections. It's fine on the iD L-looking ones since the "sections" are different colors for the design and such but it looks strange on the white leopard design, as well as the pink heart design, but the blue with spots design is ok with this shell structure I think.

I should talk about my actual character. XD He is age 0 and weighs 7lb. I noticed that the bread I gave him made his weight go up by two, and another time, something I bought from the meal shop didn't make his hungry meter go up?! Weird. :eek: Anyway I have 3,280 Gotchi Points and I have only bought one jewelry item, the Ring of Love or something like that. I will continue to buy more! Did I mention how much I love the sprites for the character close-ups and many of the jewelry items? Absolutely gorgeous! <3

The characters I have seen at the park so far are Amiamitchi, Hanafuwatchi, and Chochotchi. The characters that appear at the park are unraisable ones, like on the iD L and P's and unlike the Tama-Go.

Random photo time! My first photo was taken when it was kinda dark, and I had the camera flash on. but the other three photos are better because I had the TF next to a lamp and turned the flash off my camera.

1oxs.png

an2a.jpg

8uih.jpg

la23.jpg

If you wanna see my first Tamagotchi Friends video, check here!

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, my Mitsumarutchi evolved into Cosmotchi!

Close-up sprites:

jfh0.jpg

r72d.png

Here are sprites of Spacytchi, Tacttchi/Takutotchi, and Charatchi during Mimic.

24wn.jpg

aqz0.jpg

hdbf.jpg

During Mimic, I encountered my first glitch. As I was playing against Takutotchi, all of a sudden he disappeared from his place on the screen and a piece of him appeared in the corner? Then a Terubotchi came onto the screen like it does when a new round of Mimic starts and once she started posing, the piece of Takutotchi's sprite disappeared. It was very odd.

I think I have 7 pieces of jewelry now. Not sure because I can't look at my jewelry box when the character is sleeping.

What else is there to say... ah yes, I forgot to mention that there was a little slip of paper in the Tamagotchi Friends' packaging along with the instructions. It said, "For optimal viewing, please set the contrast to 1." So I think that Bandai realizes the characters blend in with the background and they may fix this with the US release, which is why the US release is too far away. Did I mention in my log I also bought a pink/red gem TF? I can't remember lol. It should come in 1 - 2 weeks.

The hunger hearts drop faster than the happy hearts. Here are the times I have accidentally let the hunger meter drop below 4/5. (I haven't had the happiness drop lower than 4/5).

• The hunger had 3/5 hearts once
  • A different time, the hunger had 2/5 hearts
  • Only once, both the happy and hungry meters were at 4/5 (usually it was either one or the other)
I think that the character I get will be a good care one, but not quite perfect.

I apologize for my laziness!

Okay, first of all, I have worked out a list of all the characters on the TF by playing Mimic and stuff.

FEMALE
Baby
Pinkbotchi

Toddler
Terupotchi
Petithanatchi

Teen
Neotchi
Nokobotchi
Painputchi

Adult
Memetchi
Julietchi
Pianitchi
Yumemitchi
Kiraritchi
Himespetchi
Coffretchi
Decoratchi
Furifuritchi
Harptchi
Hoshigirltchi
Patitchi
Tropicatchi
Kiramotchi

MALE
Baby
Aokumotchi

Toddler
Mitsumarutchi
Turtletchi

Teen
Maimaitchi
Cosmotchi
Bokuhoshitchi

Adult
Mametchi
Kuchipatchi
Acchitchi
Charatchi
Knighttchi
Righttchi
Monakatchi
Spacytchi
Tacttchi
Wagassiertchi

PARK CHARACTERS
Nandetchi
Chouchoutchi
Amiamitchi
Hanafuwatchi
Yukinkotchi

My Cosmotchi became Righttchi, and I feel that it is safe to assume he is one of the best care characters.

c92g.jpg
e439.jpg

He was 5 years old today, not yet old enough to marry...since I'm impatient, I did a time trick to turn him 6 years old and I unlocked the Date Place! The characters there were Yumemitchi, Kiramotchi, and Hoshigirltchi. For some reason Yumemitchi is floating in midair...? :huh:

fgt5.jpg

I was planning on marrying my Righttchi to Hoshigirltchi since I think they make a good couple but I accidentally chose Yumemitchi instead. Oh well!

w26q.jpg

They had a spotty egg and it hatched into another boy, Aokumotchi of course...

4gt4.jpg
jacz.jpg

And he is now a toddler, Turtletchi! Unfortunately I am taking dreadful care of him because I want to be sure to get a new character, lol.

6kj9.jpg
By the way, I have collected 31 jewelry items so that means I have unlocked the Cake Catch game. It is also found on the Version 4 and Version 6 as a job, and I was never too fond of it because it's timed and you don't know how many cakes you have collected until the game is over.

What else is there to say...hm...well apparently the egg you choose when starting the Tamagotchi Friends doesn't affect gender, so I wonder if the egg type has any affect at all. ;o Also, having seen all the sprites of the characters in Mimic, the worst female sprite is Hoshigirltchi and the worst male sprite is Charatchi. But all the others are very cute! I love Memetchi's new sprite; she truly looks adorable. ^_^ I wonder what character I will get this generation...

See you tomorrow hopefully!

I've got the teenager - most likely the worst care teen - Bokuhoshitchi! I constantly have the happiness and hunger either empty or at 1/5... by doing this, I can hopefully determine who is one of the worst care male adults. By the way, the room theme changed to a new year's background!

js1r.jpg
Here's a bad photo of Bokuhoshitchi's close up... sorry I couldn't get a better one.

o3dt.jpg

I haven't been playing any games at all and yet the Tamagotchi's weight always stays low... I do feed it a meal and a snack every once in a while, so I assume that the Tamagotchis lose weight on their own if you let them be hungry all the time.

I have 32 jewelry pieces now... I don't think I have enough money for more at the moment. :p I can't wait until he's an adult so I can keep playing games and collecting jewelry. :D

I FORGOT TO POST THAT I GOT ACCHITCHI

00kn.jpg

sir7.jpg

So, he's one of the worst care male adults yay.

He's 5 years old and i'll get him married tomorrow.

I have 35 jewelry pieces.

That's all for now... I wish I could say more but my tummy is hurting a lot ;~;

I really need to post more often!

Acchitchi married Kiraritchi and they had a baby girl.

8rwe.jpg

Look who she is now! Coffretchi!

ihng.jpg

She evolved from Neotchi.

I also got another Friends and it is currently Knighttchi. He evolved from Cosmotchi.

afzj.jpg

Bumping is really cool! Sending messages however, does not reduce the bump count or increase the BFF meter. Here's a video about bumping:

I've been connecting Knighttchi and Coffretchi and they kissed at the park. :eek:

A word of warning if you want to write messages... if you don't press any buttons for a while in the middle of typing a message, it was disappear without saving. So be sure to save your message and then edit it later so you don't have to do it all over again.

Bumping is really cool! Sending messages however, does not reduce the bump count or increase the BFF meter. Here's a video about bumping:

Not sure if you've now worked it out but Sending Messages does bump both the BFF Metre and the friendship levels between two Tamas.

Save a draft and then send it multiple times to the other tama and you'll see the BFF Points increased. It does take a good few messages sent but it does increase the BFF Points. I've had 100% BFF points since one of my Tamas was first generation. Impossible with the 5 Connection bumps per day method.

Oherwise, awesome log.

Latest posts

Back