Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Tamagotchi friends; fault or just rubbish?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

evaartificial

• evaartificial user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:01 AM ( #86 )

Just got my TF today. And it has of course two scratches near the buttons. The first thing what i did was using some displex to remove the ugly silver frame whitch was totally scratched from the beginning. I think it looks better without it.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:11 AM ( #87 )

I wonder if these problems will be present when they're brought to the USA. Mostly because I know they'll package them differently for sale here, so I wonder if they'll be made differently, too, because of different regulations? No idea, but I know I'll be examining them in the store before purchase if they do the traditional clamshell packaging which makes it easier to see everything.

Camoth

• camoth user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:46 PM ( #88 )

I saw the TF being promoted in a online store. I just thought: not many new features, still grey scale. Checked some reviews on YouTube and that confirmed my thoughts for me. I was really disappointed, but it did get me all excited about Tama's again. After checking a few more YouTube videos I decided on the ID l e. Got it today and absolutely love it. This is the best Tama ever for me. Can play games as much as I like without force feeding snacks. Great colour screen. Cute animations, lots to do, lots to unlock.... Amazing.

This is the Tama Europe deserves after importing Japanese versions for years. I even feel a little insulted by the TF. Its presented as having so many new features, so much more modern yet still true to the Tama brand. I feel insulted because now that I have the ID l e, I know that this is so much better. I feel the Europeans get ripped off and Bandai is laughing all the way to the bank.

We have to make due with the TF while they have these amazing Tama's elsewhere.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Sorry if this offends anyone, can't help that I feel this way.
  • magicboa and evaartificial like this

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:54 PM ( #89 )

Except europe never imported japanese versions. Every japanese version is different than these released in Europe and US.

• Camoth likes this

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:47 PM ( #90 )

I meant that Europeans (people like me, not companies) import them through sites like eBay. ;-)

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:17 PM ( #91 )

Well, Bandai doesn't really get any extra money from imports, so I'm not sure if they care. People are just not nterested in virtual pets anymore, that's a sad truth. For a company few thousands of consumers is not much. There is simply no demand...

Yes, there is that retro fad, but people mostly just talk about how that's a shame that they don't produce toys like this anymore, they don't usually want any for themselves, usually. And if they do, they are mostly dissapointed with Tamagotchi Friends, sadly. Tamagotchi craze is dying even in Japan, so we have to wait till it awakens again.

• Camoth likes this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:01 AM ( #92 )

Hey guys.

So I bought myself a Tamagotchi Friends a few weeks ago, and right now I'm finding it OK. I find the V4 better than the Friends, but it's a nice toy to play with in my free time. I really get annoyed at the screen, though. Sometimes I have to open my curtains fully to clearly see the screen, which really annoys me (and yes, I'm an electricity saver :D). But on the whole, it's a nice toy. I'd rate it 6.5/10. 

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:35 AM ( #93 )

I think you're right Jhud. I posted pictures of my ID l e on my Facebook and a few people were like: okay, you're creepy for collecting kids toys. Luckily, my real friends thought it was cool (or were afraid to tell me otherwise, lol). I wish it wasn't so taboo. I feel like I'm some kinda weirdo with a really strange fetisj sometimes when people react to me having Tama's. (I'm a 27 year old woman)
  • evaartificial likes this

PoisonCupcake13

• poisoncupcake13 user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:10 AM ( #94 )

I think you're right Jhud. I posted pictures of my ID l e on my Facebook and a few people were like: okay, you're creepy for collecting kids toys. Luckily, my real friends thought it was cool (or were afraid to tell me otherwise, lol). I wish it wasn't so taboo. I feel like I'm some kinda weirdo with a really strange fetisj sometimes when people react to me having Tama's. (I'm a 27 year old woman)

I agree with u, my mom and family joke with me because i bought a toy, and i don't have age for this, i'm adult, u need to save money for your future, bla bla bla... get's me sick to have family like this -.-, if i'm adult i don't need to be old and boring. I'm a geek person! I love online games and toys! i was waiting for a tamagotchi came back from the death so long ago, and i would love get one tama P's one day *____* So u are not a weirdo! they're are!

• Camoth and evaartificial like this

Layolachi

• layolachi user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:22 AM ( #95 )

All things considered I wouldn't advise anyone to pay the RRP for these things but I can imagine especially in a few months all the people that bought them for nostalgia and got bored will be putting them on eBay. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for them. Seen a few go for £15 isn preowned but I think I'm still going to wait for the prices to go down more.

The bad quality could be a good thing for those not too bothered about condition because if the paintwork comes off as easy as people are saying it means they could possibly be going for cheaper on eBay later on ;) well that's what I'm hoping for! Lol.

And I know what people are saying about tamagotchis being a taboo subject. I always feel awkward getting mine out in public :( sucks really. I'm 22 now.
  • Camoth likes this

evaartificial

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:16 AM ( #96 )

Dont feel creepy, i am a 29 yr oldwoman and am loving them too! Just began with collecting them again! I got 3 p's a idl and the TF. At my parents i am going to search my two old ones! Hope i will find them
  • Camoth and AeroHail like this

AeroHail

• aerohail user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:26 AM ( #97 )

Shows you who your real friends are eh? Just ignore the others.

I'm a full blown toy collector at nearly 23 years old. Dolls, figures, plushies... I love them all. My real friends love my hobby. My gran and aunt do too. Mum hates it. Good thing I don't live with her anymore. (She tried to throw away a $600 doll...)

Don't feel weird! You're spending money on something you like and at the end of the day it's something physical that you can keep as opposed to people who spend the same amount of money and on things like alcohol (and worse!!). That's what they want to buy and that's fine just as it's fine for you to buy what you want too! C=

Edited by AeroHail, 08 February 2014 - 11:27 AM.

• magicboa, SakuraLove and evaartificial like this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:31 AM ( #98 )

I'm about your age, will be 27 in the summer, and I still play with and collect children's toys. Don't ever take me to a toy store, I'll never come out! XD

Anyway back on topic, I really wonder about the retail price for the US, if it'll be 19.99 or 29.99.... Lately things have been coming out rather pricey....

evaartificial

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 AM ( #99 )

Haha same here midorime! I could spent hours at toys r us and stuff like that;)

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:39 AM ( #100 )

Thanks for the support everyone (be it a little off-topic, sorry about that). Luckily I have a boyfriend who collects silver coins (they costs over 800 euro's a piece sometimes). So he can't complain to me about spending on Tama's ;). He's always known I love virtual life. I have 3 different generations of Furby's as well. He even gave me one as a surprise. (I am hanging on to this dude like you have no idea). It's mostly old friends and collegues that frown at me. And strangers ofcourse. Whatever. I'm not gonna leave my Tama's to die just because some people don't understand how cool they are.

To get back on topic: you might say it's a good thing TF is being released. Maybe some folks will see how much their kids love them and think back to how awesome it was to own one when they were growing up. Although I did not experience this with the new Furby being released. I was at a kids party where a child got one as a birthday gift. I bursted out: "Let me get you all set up here. First, we get your dad's iPad and install the special app. This is how you feed him...." Grown ups in the room all staring at me like :o . I later heard they thought I was very odd for owning one myself and knowing all these things. Ah well. Who knows. Maybe TF will get some adults back into it. It sure got me back, and I don't even own one! :D

• XXKayaXX, SakuraLove and AeroHail like this

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:40 AM ( #101 )

Sorry, double post.

Edited by Camoth, 08 February 2014 - 11:40 AM.