Personal opinions on the color screen tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryonyanko

Reaction score
Which ones do you own? Which is your favorite colored screen version? Whats your least favorite? Which ones are easiest and which are the hardest to navigate in Japanese? Which has the most enjoyable content in your opinions?

I'm really curious! I don't own one so I'd like to read everyones opinions on the color screen ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the colour Tamagotchis... so much that my whole collection apart from 1 is either them or merchandise based on them >w<. I own an ID, and iD L and a P's.

The ID and iD L are virtually exactly the same, but the ID has different characters, games, locations etc etc. They run off near exactly the same programming. They're both very low-maintenance.

The P's is even lower maintenance, and is absolutely packed to the rafters with new, exciting features. I think the screen is slightly nicer than my other Colours, but that could be just mine uwu. The P's also has deco-pierces which either add new games and characters or offer the ability to transform your characters, which add up in price but are a lot of fun. The P's is my favourite.

They're all honestly incredibly easy to use in Japanese after using it for about 5 minutes, so I wouldn't spend the extra money on an English iD L.

I see, sooooo interesting ! I wasn't sure if the JP language took away from the enjoyment. The P's also seems to be the one I want the most lol but I really don't want to collect any pierces for it... Is it any fun without them compared to the id or idl?

The P's is my favourite as well. So many features and characters!! The pierces bring such a needed element to Tamagotchis and make the P's never get boring. The other colour tamas do get boring after a few gens for me, but I do love them all and it's hard to pick a least favourite.

Sorry, accidental double post!

Thanks sakura! It seems the pierce is a must for the p's

Actually it isn't, there still are free downloads and whatnot. Without the pierces the P's is just as enjoyable as the iD L.

Personally, I think colors are okay- somehow, I still like connections more. But they are still very enjoyable.

Pierces aren't necessarily a must, neither are downloads actually, they just make the Tama a lot more interesting. The built in features are really nice, about equal to the iD L. So if you aren't going to be getting the pierces, I'd just look at the characters on the iD L and the P's to see which you like more, and go with that one. The iD and +C are both nice, but very simple with many less features

Which ones do you own? Which is your favorite colored screen version? Whats your least favorite? Which ones are easiest and which are the hardest to navigate in Japanese? Which has the most enjoyable content in your opinions?
I have a +C, iD, iD L and P's. :3

I love them all very much, but I'd say iD L is my fave, along with P's on the 2nd place.

The easiest, hm, I'd say they are equal in navigating. xd

The most enjoyable content - P's and iD L on the 2nd place. :D

I have 2 English iD L's and 2 P's (one is still in the mail though) and I absolutely adore my P's. I only have 1 pierce (but I'm getting more in the mail too) and I've definitely run it more than any of my other tamas. It's just so cute and jam packed with features. I also quite enjoy its low-maintenance and how easy it is to get characters you try for. There are only a few download games for it but the games it comes with already are more fun than the ones that come in the iD L and you can always get some pierces if you want more. The characters are also all super cute and I really enjoy that you can paint your toddlers and teens :3

But don't get me wrong, I do love my iD L's too! It has so many download games and I never get tired of switching them out. And the English is nice but doesn't add as much fun as you'd think it would. It also has a lot more of the older characters like from the connection era which is something I like.

I own and ID L Princess Spacy and a Yellow P's.. and the ID L is a lot more simple/basic to navigate (in my opinion), but I love my P's the most. <3

I have iD L, P's, and Princess Spacy iD L; I like the last one the most. It is rather "girly" but I absolutely love the games it comes with and the destinations are better in my opinion.

P's is amaziiiing but it doesn't have Henshin Jo (although it does have change pierces) or planting seeds... planting seeds was one of my favorite features on the iD L, yet they removed it. My P's was a pain to understand even though it was my third Japanese color Tamagotchi... o3o'

Good luck deciding~

The id l 15th anniversary )because the characters you can get are special) and the tamagotchi p (cause of all the features)

EMF, are you sure it doesn't have the Henshin Jo? I'm pretty sure it does... I do agree on the seeds though. :/

Anyway, I forgot to say that I have every color version minus their spin offs (like hexagontchi, princess spacy, lovely melody, etc)

iD and +Color are the simpler ones, while iD L and P's are the more complex ones. P's has a profile and diary feature and way more japanese text overall, but nothing of that is a neccessity in the gameplay.

Let's see... I have a hexagon +colour, a white +colour blue and green id's, yellow idl, 15th anniversary purple idl, green English idl, a blue p's, many pierces and even the pocket designer.

From experience in colour versions (as you can see) I could say they have an element different to that of a grayscale that can't be beat.

Here's how to explain: The colours are basically the tamagotchi reborn. If you think about it the +colour is like a v2 with minimal connection and features going back to the old days with a touch of colour that totally makes a difference from there forward you can see the version catching up to a totally new style of virtual pet with the p's where they started all over again but this time much more advanced.

Even though it was a step back in a way it was also a major step forward in to a new age of tamagotchi

Bandai totally ditched the concepts and ways of obtaining things for your Tama and implemented a concept where your tamagothci lives in its own little house and town which was totally different from anything they have done they abandoned that concept a little to have the consumer focus on the new features but it still remains and I think the colour aspect makes the tamagotchi seem more appealing and realistic.

My favourite version has to be the p's out of all this it gives you everything and what's taken away makes up for in the pierces there is no need for the he shin Jo if there are many pierces that add the he shin Jo in different forms it's a brilliant concept one I wished bandai America would latch onto and japanese on the colours is not hard unless you've never played writ ha tamagotchi before the +colour is probably the easiest and it gets a bit harder each time but with the help of fellow fans it makes it so much easier to understand.

Overall this version can't be called necessarily the best tamagotchi ever but the colour series is one improving to become the best of its generation in tamagotchi.

Wow! So much insight I'm finally starting to understand everything.... Thank you everyone for all of your tama-educational feedback.

Amd yes this thread was secretly to help me figure out which color type was best for me lol I've been found out, but I also wanted to see contrasting opinions!

I did as instructed and looked at the characters and I didn't realize they took some away and brought new ones in... Very helpful! Also still confusing yet ! My favorite tama seems to be only raisable in the P's hmmm

Wow! So much insight I'm finally starting to understand everything.... Thank you everyone for all of your tama-educational feedback.

Amd yes this thread was secretly to help me figure out which color type was best for me lol I've been found out, but I also wanted to see contrasting opinions!

I did as instructed and looked at the characters and I didn't realize they took some away and brought new ones in... Very helpful! Also still confusing yet ! My favorite tama seems to be only raisable in the P's hmmm
Unfortunately only 3 recognizable characters made it into the P's uwu. I like the new characters more than the iD L ones though so I'm not bothered >w<.

Oh.. dang that's true! Why is my favorite tama only in the P's ahhh ! I didn't even realize that . I suppose every release has a little bit of everything! :(

Pretty much every colour version is unique in its own way but their is one thing they all have in common they are all some of the best tamagotchi versions made

I used to have a + Color, I have an ID L in my possession but it belongs to another TTer now and I have 3 P's (two still in the mail). So obviously you know my favorite is the P's lol. But I've gotta say I loved my + Color. The shell colors were better in my opinion (loved the lime green) and it was far easier to care for. Yes, it was harder getting the character you wanted but it was always worth the hard work. I loved the games on the + Color more too, the coin catch AND match game are my all time favorite Tamagotchi games. I was addicted to both. I loved that you could start getting the happy symbols right away and the raffle tickets were awesome too. I also preferred the traditional looking Japanese home they lived in to anything on the P's or ID L. The P's, I love the extra detail they added to every little thing. The background when outside via the door icon isn't cluttered, there is lots of detail to the shops and cafe and such. I however don't care for much of the characters especially the girls. I like the pets you can get and love that there are only 5. I'm glad the plants are gone too actually. I loved them in the + Color but in the ID L not so much. The P's have an overall cleaned up feel to me. It doesn't irk me as much as the ID L. Now with that being said my least favorite is the ID L. I originally got it because I didn't want to mess around with the pierces of the P's. I thought I'd feel obligated to purchase them all to have fill and complete use of the P's. So I went with the ID L at first instead. Before it even arrived I had gotten hooked on YouTube videos of the P's and ended up ordering one before the ID L even arrived. Lol. But I still ran them both...for about 2 hours. I figured I've see which one I preferred and find a new home for the other. Needless to say I actually hated the ID L. The background via the door icon was cluttered, it hurt my brain. I liked the characters even less then the P's characters. I hated the original background of the house (I kinda like the p's one) and the ones to purchase were even worse. It was less detailed then the p's which I didn't mind but thought I'd mention. I however did love the Tama market and the other where you could buy and sell goods. I also liked the games ALOT. But I just couldn't get into the ID L. It wasn't for me and don't get me wrong it's a great Tamagotchi but it wasn't the one for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back