Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How easily can the gems come off the P's?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Zzgs

• zzgs user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:49 AM ( #18 )

...I think my heart stopped a little seeing the taken off faceplate and exposed pierce connection port. mostly because I am big on keeping my things together and unharmed and would feel horrible to remove the plate (unless it was designed for it like the Tama-Go).

I don't think the gems are that big a deal, honestly. I don't even pay attention to them while I play with my Tamas. I find it odd how they stick out, so it's not as smooth, but it actually prevents me from dropping them by having more grip, too.

It's different for guys. I know what you're saying, but that doesn't mean others don't notice them. Personally, I would not be caught dead with a blinged out P's at my high school...No way.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:57 AM ( #19 )

It's different for guys. I know what you're saying, but that doesn't mean others don't notice them. Personally, I would not be caught dead with a blinged out P's at my high school...No way.

True, it's different. I know some who would care, some who would not. I had a friend who was very into pink and Hello Kitty, and he didn't care what others thought, really. He liked anything cute and chibi. I don't think it should matter what you like, honestly. Alternatively, you can leave the Tama paused while at school and care for it when you come home, that way no one sees it and it doesn't have to get ruined. (There's a chance you could break it if you remove the plate and all, not sure how high a chance, but I'm sure there's a chance.) I mean, even if you remove the plate, someone's going to notice, right? Heck even though I played some 'manly' card games, I still got poked fun at for it and eventually quit since no one wanted to play with me. Probably a bad example, but you get the idea.

I guess I'm just OCD, but my deal is, if I pay 50+ for something, no matter what it is, I'm going to try to preserve it as much as possible. If you like something a lot, it shouldn't matter what others think in the end.

In the end it's up to you, though. I just had an opinion because I cringed when I saw that picture. >_o;

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Zzgs

• zzgs user photo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:16 PM ( #20 )

True, it's different. I know some who would care, some who would not. I had a friend who was very into pink and Hello Kitty, and he didn't care what others thought, really. He liked anything cute and chibi. I don't think it should matter what you like, honestly. Alternatively, you can leave the Tama paused while at school and care for it when you come home, that way no one sees it and it doesn't have to get ruined. (There's a chance you could break it if you remove the plate and all, not sure how high a chance, but I'm sure there's a chance.) I mean, even if you remove the plate, someone's going to notice, right? Heck even though I played some 'manly' card games, I still got poked fun at for it and eventually quit since no one wanted to play with me. Probably a bad example, but you get the idea.

I guess I'm just OCD, but my deal is, if I pay 50+ for something, no matter what it is, I'm going to try to preserve it as much as possible. If you like something a lot, it shouldn't matter what others think in the end.

In the end it's up to you, though. I just had an opinion because I cringed when I saw that picture. >_o;

Yeah I totally get that. Although, it's more so what I think rather than what others think. I just so happen to not like the look of the P's. I feel I would enjoy it much more if I approved the design. I wouldn't do anything like this to a tamagotchi I spent a lot of money on, but P's are not very hard to get cheap. I have seen them sell for under 40, sometimes even under 30 dollars. 

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:50 PM ( #21 )

I don't mind the gems. I really don't think my yellow P's looks particularly girly. Even if I did I'd still carry it proudly. If people don't like it they don't have to look.

Zzgs

• zzgs user photo

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:05 PM ( #22 )

Guys I won my P's auction! I got a yellow one for 36 dollars :D

I'm going to design some faceplates that will go with the yellow