Rayman the Furby is broken!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamametchiandMametchi

Reaction score
Sadly, Rayman's motor became corrupt and died, so he was stuck in a few positions, rendering him unplayable. My Dad tried to fix it, but there was no luck. He even had to do an autopsy on Rayman, but there was nothing more he could do. I put him back in his little Chinese Take-Out box, and he was in heaven, now.

Rest in peace, my bright orange-red Furby.

Can't send it back to the company for a replacement?

Sadly, no. I already got a Furby Boom for Christmas, so there's no need for a replacement...

Did you clean the gears? Or add some of that oil that makes things more movable? Like grease? I don't know what it's called...

Which furby is it? 90's one? 2005? 2012? I'm guessing the 90's one, though.

You can find some useful info on there: https://www.adoptafurby.com/ or on the forums. (you can't really send them back a furby for repairs anymore though, or at least I think so. The adoption center itself is dead already, but the forums are somewhat not dead yet.)

Just because he doesn't speak or move anymore doesn't mean he is done. I would still carry mine around if they were broken. It seems common for 2012 Furby to freeze/get stuck. Maybe in time someone will find a fix for them. I would fix it (help you fix it...) if I knew how, but I don't touch Furby insides. It might be possible something simple has gotten stuck?

@Jhud The resetting didn't work.

@SR Maybe one of the gears are loose, but my Dad couldn't get well enough inside.

I would look at some of the furr-less 2012 furby. They are online images and maybe you can spot a difference. Might be video of a working furr-less 2012 furby out there too.

That's sad I have that with my little white 2012 he doesn't respond to sound properly anymore and he had a fit for some reason and just stopped once so he's just in the box now that's why I always think whether I should get a boom but I have so many furbys now I don't want what happens last time to happen again (I went on a furby craze hence the name on this forum)

Well I guess you've got your furby boom so it could be like a reincarnation of Rayman

Sad to hear... My 2012 furby works, but his tummy sensor is not working anymore. I suppose they are not that well made...

Hm, strange. I am sorry to hear that. :(
My Furby has been out of his box since 1998 and he's rather fine... I hope you will be able to fix him eventually. ;)

Well I've heard about and experienced a lot of broken 2012 Furbies actually. When dad and I went through the craze of getting the 2012s, he got almost every single color (for some reason, I don't know why) and some we bought came to us broken, either freezing and clicking, not turning on at all, or busted by being dropped. We got to send them back and got refunds of course, but still, they don't seem to be that difficult to break, actually. It's rather sad. They don't feel as sturdy as the originals in my opinion.

Hm, strange. I am sorry to hear that. :(
My Furby has been out of his box since 1998 and he's rather fine... I hope you will be able to fix him eventually. ;)
They're talking about the 2012 version, not the original. The ones with the LCD eyes.

I know. I'm just saying that mine has been out of his box for much longer than since 2012 and still works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back