The Adventures of Some Random People Who are Really Bad at Minecraft Except One of them Isn't - a Minecraft fan fiction

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a very long Minecraft story I wrote. If you don't play/know about Minecraft, prepare to be confused. Also, for those who know nothing about Minecraft, the character Delphine is actually terrible at it so don't take anything in the first few paragraphs seriously because it's meant to be funny, not accurate. :p Everything that happens is realistic and could happen in the game though.

Also, this story contains some co-ordinates. I'm terrible at co-ordinates. I made up some random numbers and I don't really care if it's impossible for those co-ordinates to exist. :p

This story came into existence when I was wondering what to write for my 300-word English homework about my mum. I titled the document "My Mother" and then randomly started typing really fast about Minecraft. I had 1,000 words in under fifteen minutes. Then I realised I was meant to be doing English homework. So I did. But it was so bad, I think my English teacher would have preferred it if I handed in the story.

Anyway, here is the actual

6-page, 2,337-word, 10,747-character, 39-paragraph, 186-line
story!

Delphine woke up at 2 PM on a school day and decided to play Minecraft. She was amazing at Minecraft – she’d lived for over 5 seconds in Player vs. Player, and even made a furnace! She created a new world on hard mode – the one where you get free minecart tracks – obtained a wooden pickaxe, and began mining. She dug straight down, as anyone who’s good at Minecraft does, and soon found stone. Stone was the rarest material in the game, but somehow Delphine always found it. Happily, she mined 5 stone. This would be enough for the most important tool, a hoe.

Hoes were useful for cutting down trees, getting animals to teleport you home, and mining rare materials like dirt and stone. She got out of her mine, cut down a tree with her hand, and made a crafting table. She used this to make the hoe, then cut down some more trees and killed 3 sheep – all with a stone hoe! Then she built an amazing house – a 5x5 hollow dirt cube. She made a bed and another crafting table, which she placed in the house before going out to mine again.

Before long, Delphine fell into a cave, and began looking for animals. There were zombies, strange green things, rare, tall black things, skeletons and green cubes. All of these did the same thing; attack you until you were teleported home. She found a green thing, which promptly exploded, teleporting her home. She screamed in horror as she realised she’d lost her precious stone hoe! One of the zombies must have stolen it. Zombies always did that. It was incredibly annoying.

Delphine jumped down her mine, looking for the zombie that had stolen her hoe. Before long she saw it, and started hitting it. This caused it to disappear, leaving her hoe. She picked it up and ascended up the mine.

She was bored and decided to ask her sister, Dolphin, to play Minecraft with her. She opened her game to LAN, and before long Dolphin joined. Delphine, who was better at Minecraft, made Dolphin a bed. Dolphin, meanwhile, was getting wood and building a house out of it. A house made out of WOOD?! Only villagers made their houses out of wood! But Dolphin would soon learn to build more resilient dirt houses.

Dolphin, meanwhile, was mining. She had made a set of stone tools, as well as a crafting table, furnace and chest (Delphine had kindly made her a bed), and she was now digging in a staircase formation, looking for coal. Before long she found some and used it to make torches. She lit her mine and continued searching for iron, hoping Delphine hadn’t destroyed her house and replaced it with dirt. Delphine really couldn’t seem to get the hang of Minecraft.

Dolphin forgot about this when she found iron. She smelted the six blocks of iron ore, and then made a pickaxe she could mine gold and diamond with. However, her hunger was depleting and she’d eaten the bread from the bonus chest, so she came out of the mine to look for food. Delphine had killed all the animals around but had left the meat, which Dolphin picked up, cooked and ate. She left half of it in Delphine’s chest though, hoping that Delphine would be sensible enough to eat it.

Dolphin noticed that it was getting dark. She walked to her house, closed the door and got into bed, but she soon remembered the annoying fact that both players must be in bed in order to skip the night. Dolphin knew Delphine wasn’t going to sleep in her bed – she thought they only existed for decoration and would blow up if you tried to sleep in them – so she started a mine inside her house, looking for more iron.

By the morning, Delphine had died and respawned 11 times, and Dolphin had found 46 handfuls of redstone dust, as well as 15 more blocks of iron ore. She smelted these and made an iron sword and some armour. However, she wasn’t willing to share with Delphine, who often gave “non-valuables” like iron and diamond tools to zombies as gifts.

The next day, Dolphin started a farm outside her house. This was very useful and only took one Minecraft day or less, but Delphine still called it a “waste of time” because “it scares away zombies”. Dolphin kept explaining that farms had no effect on zombies, and even if they did scare them away it would be a good thing, but Delphine just wouldn’t listen.

After creating her farm, Dolphin went mining. She mined right down to the bedrock, then started branch mining 13 blocks above it, looking for gold or diamonds. It took a while, but eventually she found two diamonds, which she used to make a diamond sword. She left a chest full of mining tools – like pickaxes, torches and water buckets – in her mine, and then climbed back up.

She saw that it was night when she emerged. Since her mine was outside, she got her diamond sword ready and prepared to defend against mobs. The only ones she found were some zombies, which she killed before going into her house. Then she saw three spiders in the distance, and since there were no monsters in between her and them, she decided to kill them so she could make a bow. She did this, then ran back home, avoiding creepers and skeletons.

Delphine, meanwhile, had been exploring caves underground and had only found some kind of annoying labyrinth. It had walls made out of grey bricks and was full of chests with useless items, like diamond tools and armour. There was also a room with a strange lava pool in it. Delphine avoided this, knowing that lava would teleport her home. Then she saw a sign above the lava pool that surprised her. “This is the End portal, the rarest and most valuable thing in Minecraft”.

Dolphin was cutting down a tree with her stone axe when she received Delphine’s message. “Found something really rare!” it said. Dolphin was sure it would only be coal or something, but she still asked “what is it?” Delphine’s reply came quickly – “apparently an End portal!”

At first Dolphin thought Delphine was joking. Delphine was simply not good enough at Minecraft to find the stronghold this early. And how could she have mined that deep using only a hoe?! But Dolphin was too excited to ask any of these things; she rushed to Delphine’s room to look at the computer screen. “Wow…” she gasped. “That actually IS an End portal, the rarest thing in the game!” Delphine’s reply was – “I TOLD you I’m amazing at Minecraft.”

Of course, Dolphin and Delphine couldn’t enter the End yet; they didn’t have any Eyes of Ender, or the weapons necessary to fight the Enderdragon. However, having found the stronghold was definitely a good thing since they could now use it whenever they wanted. Dolphin and Delphine shared out the valuable items from the chests in the stronghold, made a note of its coordinates, and then went back to the surface.

It was still a mystery to Dolphin how the sign had appeared. This normally didn’t happen, unless you were playing on a public server, with mods or on a custom map, none of which they were doing. She resolved that Delphine had probably put it there as a joke, and forgot about it.

The next day went on as normal. Dolphin went mining and found a dungeon, full of dangerous hostile mobs. One creeper exploded and nearly killed her, but luckily she was wearing iron armour and had her diamond sword. She didn’t have any diamond armour yet, although she planned to make a helmet with 5 diamonds she’d found in a chest. She also had a clock, her favourite item in the game; the most common way she died was coming out of a mine at night and finding a creeper waiting for her.

Meanwhile, Delphine was digging straight down. She’d found 10 annoying blocks of iron ore, as well as one diamond, which took ages to destroy with her hoe. Delphine hated diamonds; they really slowed her down. She knew that Dolphin loved diamonds, although she wasn’t sure why. The only things diamonds were useful for were tools that broke stuff way, way too fast. Delphine preferred using a hoe.

After a few more days, Delphine got fed up. Dolphin was walking around in her iron armour with her diamond sword, building traps with redstone, blowing things up with TNT, going in and out of her Nether portal and just generally being bad at Minecraft. Delphine decided to change some things.

She started by switching the game to Peaceful mode and enabling cheats. She didn’t want to be teleported home by monsters anymore, and she wanted the best armour and tools. Following what Dolphin always said, she used the /give command to obtain full diamond armour, a diamond sword, a bow and several stacks of arrows. Then she went into Dolphin’s large house, hunted around in her many chests and found 12 Eyes of Ender.

Making sure Dolphin didn’t see, Delphine went back into the mine where she’d found the End portal. Then she quickly placed 12 Eyes of Ender in the frame, and watched as the lava in the middle turned into what looked like the night sky. Then she checked she had everything she needed, and jumped in.

The End looked like how she’d imagined the Nether; covered in yellow stone, with huge black obsidian pillars. Delphine had no idea what to do, and continued to have no idea what to do until she saw the huge dragon circling in the sky. Suddenly, it swooped down, crashing into Delphine and almost killing her. It continued on its path, seemingly unharmed.

That was when Delphine saw the purple bar at the top of the screen, with “Enderdragon” written above it. She fired an experimental arrow at the dragon, missed, and tried again. This time it hit the dragon, and the bar depleted a little, just like her own health when she was being attacked, or her hunger when she moved. She realised that this was the dragon’s health bar, and what she had to do was kill it.

However, a few seconds later the dragon’s health regenerated! Delphine was confused. The dragon must have a full hunger bar, she reasoned. It would get hungry if she let it fly around long enough.

After ten boring minutes of watching the dragon fly around, occasionally shooting it then seeing it regenerate each time, Delphine knew there must be some other solution. Something else was letting the dragon’s health regenerate, and it wouldn’t stop until Delphine did something.

She noticed that on top of each obsidian pillar was a strange purple crystal-like thing. The dragon linked to these, a kind of purple tunnel connecting it to the crystal. Delphine tried shooting the link between the crystal and the dragon, expecting it to break. It did not. Then she shot at the crystal at the top of the obsidian tower. It blew up, breaking the link between it and the dragon.

The dragon’s health instantly stopped regenerating as soon as the crystal was destroyed. Delphine realised that the purple tunnel was actually giving the dragon back its health, and the only way of killing it was to destroy all the purple crystals, then shoot the dragon.

She began shooting arrows at all the crystals, hitting every time, occasionally moving to get closer to pillars that were out of range. Eventually, the dragon had nothing to connect to and aimlessly flew around.

Delphine shot arrows at it, and as she’d expected, its health bar depleted and did not regenerate. This was proving surprisingly easy – until the dragon hit her, knocking her back and wiping out half her lives. They did not regenerate; her hunger was low and she’d forgotten to bring food! However, there was no going back until she’d either killed the dragon or been killed by it, so she kept shooting at it, being very careful to avoid its occasional attacks.

Once she’d killed the dragon, beams of light radiated from it, and it exploded, raining down experience orbs and spawning a portal, which Delphine knew would bring her back to the normal world. After collecting the experience orbs and finding she was now at level 78, which she could only assume was very high, she walked through the portal. Some text appeared, and she pressed Esc to exit it. Then she found herself back in her bed.

Dolphin was furious. Delphine had cheated and killed the Enderdragon, just when the game was going well enough for Dolphin to have done it herself. However, she was surprised that Dolphin had managed it, even with cheats enabled. She wondered if Delphine might actually be good at Minecraft if she knew how, and decided to teach her some things as soon as possible.

Three months later…

“I found a Nether fortress!” Dolphin said excitedly. “The coordinates are x: -68, y: 543, z: 87.” “Okay!” replied Delphine. “I’ll come as soon as I can. Hopefully we’ll be able to get enough Blaze rods to make 12 Eyes of Ender, and then all we have to do is enchant our weapons and find a Stronghold!”

The two sisters were playing Minecraft together, on a LAN network as always. Dolphin had taught Delphine how to play properly, and now they were equally skilled at the game. Soon they would find a Stronghold and enter the End so they could win the game again – together, this time. They’d also built a lot of things on Creative mode and played on several public servers.

I’m not very good at ending stories so I’ll just leave it at that. DOLFINZ!
I like spoilers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back