Tamagotchi ID L or Tamagotchi Friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canjanti

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a tamagotchi V3.

I like my V3 too much and I'm thinking to buy tamagotchi id l or friends.

Which one should I buy?

Tamagotchi friends is new and have more features (ı guess) but it's greyscale screen.

Tamagotchi ID L is a bit older and it has less features (ı guess) but it's colored.

I can't choose...

(I also looked at P's but it's in Japan but i'm still thinking for it)

Last edited by a moderator:
The ID L is also in Japan, unless you're talking about the English version, in which case if you can get it, I'd say go for the English ID L and maybe wait a bit for the Friends since, judging by what some have said here, there's not much to the TF.

The iD L has way more features than the Friends. It has more raisable characters, changeable wallpapers, playable items, clothes/accessories for your characters, unlockable destinations, plants that bear food/items and a photo function for connecting with other versions -- none of which are on the Friends. ;)

The Friends actually appears more like a stripped-down version of the iD L/P's.

I'd say - get a P's! It has more functions, and I often see auctions finishing at 35$.

Wait before getting a TF. It's gonna sell for $20 in North American stores, half less than in Europe!!

You shouldn't get an English IDL : they're twice the price, and the language doesn't add much fun. You aren't a collector yet, anyways!

iD L has endlessly more features than a TF- In fact, TF has even less features than the first color version ever made... And you sometimes can find them for a similar price online.

I second what Jhud said, the iD L is infinitely better than the TF.

You can tell by just looking at the two which one is really better. One has a colored screen (iD L), one is greyscale (Friends). I think we all know the obvious answer. :) But, whichever one you decide hope you enjoy it ;)

- TamaTamatchi

Just because something is unpopular, it doesn't mean it's neccessarily better...

Choose what appeals more to you- I'm never putting the colored or not screen into consideration myself, I like black and white tamas and color ones equally. Just TF is more of an actual pet than anything else, while iD L is both a pet AND life simulator. Here's what both versions have, in a nutshell:

Tamagotchi Friends:

Greyscale screen (not like the older tamas)

Four or five games in total, two available at first

Characters mostly derived from P's, but some from iD L are in there as well

Jewerly shop (the jewerly doesn't really do anything so far, you only collect it)

Food shop

NFC communication

iD L:

Colored screen

Being able to change wallpaper in every room and to download additional living room wallpapers (you can even make yours)

Fridge, restaurant, bakery and eating at parent's place functions, also being able to grow your own food like fruits and vegetables via seeds. Also downloadable.

Your pet can have a pet too

Two built in games, you can download more via irda

Many unlockable locations that you have to work for

You can let your character wear clothes and accessories (and download additional via irda as well)

Irda communication

Items your character can play with, also seeds that you can plant to get items or food (you can download additional ones as well, both seeds and items), also cleaning tools

Certain characters can change appearances into their alter-ego forms (Henshin Jo)

And there is probably some more.

I really don't know where you've read that iD L has less features... In fact, Tamagotchi Friends has less features than previous releases (US connection era- color tamagotchis have nothing to do with US releases) and has very poor manufacturing. Many people don't enjoy it, but it's just their opinion- maybe you would like one? But it depends for what features you are gonig for. Also, consider buying a japanese iD L if possible- seriously, language is not a barrier, and it will be way cheaper. And P's is even better, in my opinion, even if it doesn't have an english version.

Helpfull topic. I just saw something resembling Amazon (in Netherlands) announce the TF. And I was excited about a new one being released. So I checked it out, but I was really disappointed. I checked Ebay and found the ID Le from Malesia. I ordered that one just now. Cannot wait for it to arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back