Photo
- - - - -

Retro Gaming! Neo Geo Pocket Color?

neo geo snk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kitt

• kitt user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:51 PM ( #1 )

I know a few of us TTers are into retro gaming, but does anyone else like Neo Geo Pocket?

I was at Half Priced Books the other day and managed to find a really nice condition 2nd wave pearl blue pocket color for a good price (along with some games)!

5e1f2d9d-12bc-41ec-a1f4-971de96b8136_zps

Games I have so far are Faselei (JP), Sonic Pocket Adventures, Puzzle Bobble Mini! and Metal Slug: 1st Mission.

If you don't like/know about Neo Geo Pocket, what is your favorite retro system/games?

Besides the NGPC, I really like SEGA GameGear! c:

Replies

Views

Started

20 Jan 2014

Last Post

20 Jan 2014

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:19 PM ( #2 )

I never played one, but I have emulated the system. It's so nice for the retro days... I love retro systems. Sonic always has been a favorite Sega game... I grew up with Sonic.
  • Kitt likes this

TangoBunny

• tangobunny user photo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:43 PM ( #3 )

I played a NGPC when I was little, with the King of Fighters game. I really loved the cute and fastpaced style of it, and it had a really cool clicky joystick!

The Game Gear is a similar situation for me, I never owned one, but have played one and loved the games for it, mainly Columns and the Sonic games!
  • Kitt likes this

Kait

• kait user photo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:14 PM ( #4 )

Lucky find! They can get pricey.

• Kitt likes this

Kitt

• kitt user photo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:32 PM ( #5 )

I never played one, but I have emulated the system. It's so nice for the retro days... I love retro systems. Sonic always has been a favorite Sega game... I grew up with Sonic.

Yeah, emulating saves you a lot of money and it gives you a chance to experience the rare titles. x3 I really love retro systems, too, but I really love owning the physical games and systems. ;3; (wastes a ton of my money, sadly) I grew up with Sonic, too, it was a great series for so long! <3

Lucky find! They can get pricey.

I know, it's crazy @_@; I already owned one of the first wave neo geo pocket colors, and it cost me like $99 ><;; Needless to say, it was bittersweet to find this one so cheap. ;~;