Ever regretted buying a Tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsumo-nana

Reaction score
Hey :lol:

I see people with huge, constantly-growing collections. They've grown professional Ebay hunters, which could basically become a discipline at Sotchi next month. Trying to grow a perfectly full collection, trying to collect ALL the existing versions, at all costs... and then I read though the Most Overated Tamagotchi topic. People talking against the Santaclautchi, Devilgotchi, P's... expensive Tamas!! Every collector, big or small, has a Tamagotchi they like the least/don't like at all.

So there is my question: ever regretted purchasing a specific Tamagotchi version? Regretted having spent money on it? Not worth getting?

I've never regretted purchasing any of my tamas.. however I have regretted how much money I've put into this hobby. XD I've only been collecting for a couple months, and I've already spent a couple hundred dollars. @_@;

Luckily for me, my TMGC+C is the last of the tamas I wished to own, so I can start to save my money again. ^^;

I've never regretted purchasing any of my tamas.. however I have regretted how much money I've put into this hobby. XD I've only been collecting for a couple months, and I've already spent a couple hundred dollars. @_@;

Luckily for me, my TMGC+C is the last of the tamas I wished to own, so I can start to save my money again. ^^;
xD I've noticed you've bought many Tamas lately, nearly every two days you'd update your signature and I'd be like OwO :eek: lol

I dont think I have ever regretted buying any of them, but sometimes I wish I had waited a little bit longer and tried to get a better deal.

xD I've noticed you've bought many Tamas lately, nearly every two days you'd update your signature and I'd be like OwO :eek: lol
Haha yeepppp I know, it's so bad! XD

Honestly I just have bought them so quickly because of the deals I've found.

I vowed not to buy any at full/regular price. Part of the problem that comes with it, though, is I feel the need to grab up a deal in case it doesn't come around again. @_@;

Needless to say, i'm glad to have found this +Color so I can be done with it all. XD

Now I just want to trade/sell my V4.5 and get a couple of cases for my tamas.

i can honestly say i dont regret buying any of the 147 of mine...but i will say i regret selling one..it still kills me baha i didnt think id miss it as much. but i managed to get another which is on its way...and as for cost i dont regret it because ever single tamagotchi i own i got them for cheaper than they are worth. or in trades etc the most ive paid for a tamagotchi was $92 which is ALOT lol dont get me wrong but it was a christmas present from my hubby and it was a NIB santaclautchi and its one of my VERY favorite tama's ever...i would get it all over again hehe ^.^

Now I just want to trade/sell my V4.5 and get a couple of cases for my tamas.
Ooo XDDD Now you have to add cases to your wishlist!! x) But you're right. If ever I get a vintage, I'll buy a case because they're too precious *-*

I regretted not waiting for a better deal on my P's.

--

**Off topic, but you don't like your V4.5?

Ooo XDDD Now you have to add cases to your wishlist!! x) But you're right. If ever I get a vintage, I'll buy a case because they're too precious *-*

I regretted not waiting for a better deal on my P's.

--

**Off topic, but you don't like your V4.5?
I do! XD The longer my Angelgotchi sits without a protective case, the more nervous I get haha

I honestly didn't expect the deal I got on my P's, just, for whatever reason, no one bid against me for it. I was so happy ;3;

I have tried playing my v4.5 a couple times, but I can't get into it.. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I played with my ID L first? I seriously love the color tamas. The Angelgotchi I love because of it's cute, simplistic, and nostalgic style.

I'm a cheap kind of person, but when I see a deal on a Tamagotchi, I snap it up... even if I already own one (which is my downfall - and those occasions I do regret).

I've still yet to get the big contenders (Devil, Santagotchi, Yasashii), but hopefully someday I'll give in... /swoons

I kind of regret getting the Music Star. I mean it was fun at first. But the buttons don't work, you need to buy the food to feed the older evolutions and money is impossible to get.

Well, I did regret buying the Tamagotchi Friends, but thanks to that I have now my Umino, so all in all it was a good decision. :D
I also remember regretting getting the tamaGO (cause I could not afford figures and it was boring to me) and my v5, which (both) I sold eventually. I did get the v5 afterwards anyway - my sister had one that she no longer needed. And right now I am waiting for a tamaGO to come in mail cause I got the figures too. So, yeah. Things change. xd
But the thing I truly regret was getting a blue v4.5 with ura characters. The girl sent me a photo that was not hers, I payed a lot for it and when it arrived I discovered it was yellow-ish. And she did not tell me that. I sold that one recently and got a new, nicer one. Now I am happy with this version.

I I regretted buying Tamagotchi Friends and Tama Go, both mostly price wise. I wouldn't mind these versions that much if I didn't pay so much for them. :/

While I don't regret buying my Entama I do regret paying something around 120$ for it...It was used. I don't remember how my mom agreed on that. Oh well, the shell is nice.

I have with some virtual pets, but not really Tamas. I like all Tamas so far as they're neat in their own ways, but yes to other brand virtual pets that just seemed too boring or cheap to me.

Yes! I bought a pretty V4, and it turned out to be a first wave release of the V4.5. It was a 4.5 in a 4 shell -_- I was quite upset because I sprung for a design I liked, and now, it's hidden in a box somewhere in the dredges of my collection. I guess this incident must have really gotten to me, because I still haven't bought another V4. I'm not even sure why I despise it so much, because I love the V4.5 :)

I also kind of regret getting the anniversary osu/mesu pair. They were new and super cheap, but I dislike osu mesus. I would have much preferred paying more to get the transparent green and orange set, but now that I have the anniversary pair I can't bring myself to part with them even though I know I'll never use them. Which makes me feel bad because I know I'm wasting them :(

I don't think I have ever regretted buying a tamagotchi solely because of high price. I am most proud of the ones I paid a lot for - not because they are expensive, but because they are versions I thoroughly love and enjoy.

I don't really regret buying any of my Tamagotchis EXCEPT spending $100 for a 15th Anniversary iD L only for it to turn up as a normal iD L... purple as well, and purple is the color I wanted LEAST. T_T

I also regret trading my awesome TamaWalkie for a bad-condition, malfunctioning P2....

Nope, I can't say that I have any regrets as far as my Tamagotchi collection goes. I've been in the hobby since 1996 and I love every single one of my Tamas. The core concept behind Tamagotchi is so basic that I don't find myself expecting huge changes as new versions are released. I really just appreciate each one for what it is.

After collecting for most of my life, I've built up a lot of self-restraint, so I've been able to weed out the Tamas that I want from the Tamas that I know I need to own. It really helps that Tamas are extremely inexpensive compared to a lot of my other hobbies, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back