A Tamagotchi story that ISN'T fan fiction

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Before you start thinking "DAZZ HAS BEEN HERE FOR FOUR YEARS SHE SHOULD KNOW THIS GOES IN FAN FICTION!!!" and report this topic, please read this: I actually posted a status a while ago asking whether this should be in Fan Fiction or Stuff We Write, and a mod replied and said it goes in Stuff We Write. So that's where I've put it. Please read it before you report it and get it put in Fan Fiction.

This is only part 1 of the story, I'll post more if people like it. :)

The actual story:

I'm a Tamagotchi hater. But don't get mad at me yet! I can explain why. I have good reasons - the best reasons anyone ever had for hating something.

Several years ago - not sure how many, I lost track of time - I walked into a toy shop. I can't remember when, or where, because that's irrelevant. All I remember is my eyes being instantly drawn towards a translucent purple egg, with the word "Tamagotchi" written on the packaging. I can't remember anything about the shop, I just remember the Tamagotchi.

I just remember asking my parents to buy it for me as an early birthday present, and they did. I was overjoyed. I didn't know what a Tamagotchi did, but I already loved it.

As soon as I got home, I got out some scissors and impatiently cut the toy out of its packaging. I just sat there for a few seconds, staring at the brand-new, shiny Tamagotchi. It was kind of like looking into the future. Because in a way, it was.

I ran to the cabinet in the kitchen and pulled out a battery from the top right hand drawer. Practically trembling with excitement, I quickly unscrewed the Tamagotchi's back and inserted the battery. The toy gave a long, loud beep.

And that's where my story starts. Standing in the kitchen, staring in wonder at this amazing new object that I knew would change my life. I just wasn't yet old enough to understand how much.

I was always good at figuring out how to work electronic things. From a very young age, maybe four or five, I'd messed about with computers, eventually becoming the fastest in my school at typing, as well as by far the most proficient computer user overall. I had no trouble working out how to use the Tamagotchi.

Within a few minutes, I was taking care of my cute virtual pet, nothing more than a little white blob that I'd named Aaaaa. About three pixels wide, it's difficult to believe that image on the screen changed my life so much. But it did.

EDIT: Thanks for the negative feedback, EMF, Itsumo-nana and Doomer. It's helpful to know when my writing isn't very good, I'll try to improve it. :) Do you have any suggestions for how I could improve this story?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more of a first-person reader, so I like these kind of stories. I know this is Part 1, so it's only the introduction, and I'd like you to go into the story in an adventurous way (you probably will, I'm just saying this for fun :p ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back