Santaclautch Dim/Brown Pixels

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobodebitchi

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with dim pixels (they look sort of light brown) on the Santaclautch or any other vintage? I just received my santaclautch the other day and I opened it up to put in new batteries, but there was some corrosion - mostly that blue liquid which had leaked through the battery on the plastic tab, but it had also burned through the plastic tab where the little bumps on the connectors are. I cleaned it up as best as I could (there's still a very thin layer of residue), but now when I put batteries in the pixels are very dim.

Hopefully someone has some advice so I can get this little guy up and running!

I had the same issues with a Digimon EU D-Power. I couldn't repair it. I wanted to switch screens with another one, but when i got it, it, too, had the same issue. Not sure if it's because it was in a humid place or what. Did you check the rubber connectors around the screen? Any holes or flaking? Don't think anything like that is repairable, I've tried. :S

After checking inside the device; in all cases that I've run across, it's due to batteries.

I know it sounds weird but some virtual pets take more "battery power" than others. While it looks like it's great pixel strength in one may be dim in another. Be 100% sure that it's not due to batteries, first :)

Edit: wrote "tame" instead of "take" lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I'm guessing it might just be due to how the corrosion affected the contacts or maybe the screen just had too much exposure to sunlight. The batteries are brand new, high-end Duracell types that haven't given me an issue in the Devilgotch / Angel / P1 I've tested them in, but I wish it was that easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back