Tamagotchi P's Discontinued?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamalover23

Reaction score
My dad visited Tokyo, Japan this week and I asked him to pick up a Tamagotchi P. He went to 4 different stores and couldn't find them anywhere, finally one of the ladies said that they were discontinued. Apparently babies had been swollowing the pierces and choking so they stopped making them. Clearly they still sell them online though from ebay and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg thats crazy! so no more pierces or tama p's..omg thats why the prices of them are starting to sneak higher and higher...i was wondering why...

REALLY? ahhh I wanted to get one for my birthday :( well I guess next tama might not have any pireces but I wonder if it's true :eek:

That's a bummer. It's gummy just like regular teether toys... The heart. I have been careful around my nieces and nephews even though they know better. They still have the chance though. That is why they put age limits on toys and parents ignore that when they have really young children. -_- sure, if it's a month or two difference and you are watching kids fine...

Bummer to have the pieces discontinued. *prepares for tamago size figures from Japan* blah.

Wait, can't be... the p's is still selling on the tamadepa online shop, aren't they...? Noooo...

If this is true, Bandai Japan has to make a decision. Either release the Tamagotchi that comes after the P's early, or lose a lot of their fanbase.

That is all I will say on the matter. So much disappoint here... and I thought Bandai Japan would NEVER fall under that category for me. :(

I dont think so I mean they must still be sold that woild be stupid sometimes they actually sell them bwhind coutnters and you need to get a card to buy them Im sure they aren't but im not surprised if they are discontinued becuase they simply are finished with making them.

I think it would be best if we waited for official word. After all, the shop lady may have gotten it wrong if she was the only one who claimed it after your dad visiting various shops.

She may have just gotten the wrong end of the stick.

It could be wrong I was seeing if anyone else heard the same thing. I found it hard to believe it at first I honestly am not sure.

I'm surprised to hear this after a year? Maybe she got it wrong I think.

But if it's discontinued... That means next month... Oh boy..

There is no word about it online in news or anything so I don't think so. The pierces could however be discontinued in production but stores should still sell them.

She could have possibly meant discontinued as in she no longer orders them to sell. Some people say that, where they mean is as it's a discontinued item, we don't sell it anymore, not necessarily meaning that it's no longer in production.

I doubt it. Specially because babies don't play with Tamas...

lol I understand babies don't but if they were swollowing them it's because their parents would buy it for another child. The babies would swollow their older siblings pierces hence why parents should watch their children and keep small things out of reach. I assume that's what was happening if this is true or not which no one really knows yet.

I know that this topic is technically inactive (But only by a few days), but has anything come of this? Are the P's really discontinued, or was it a misunderstanding?

Let's make this clear - just because some shops don't sell them anymore does not automatically mean they're discontinued.

As I have mentioned in another thread before, the latest Gotchishumbun issue advertises new items/events for the P's Station... what would be the sense of this if the product is no longer available?

It is as well, clearly mentioned on the Official Tamagotchi P's Website that they are still available (you will see the text that says 好評発売中!!! -- means "currently being sold/available").

Oh please no please no please no!! Not the P's!! I guess this means they're worth more now... Thank goodness I got one! Whew! Er, wait, they're still making pierces. I think they're still being continued! Woo hoo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back