Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Camoth

• camoth user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:56 AM ( #1 )

OMG! I just got this steal of a deal (I think):

English MIB Angel including Angel plushie and shipping: $85 USD!!!

http://cgi.ebay.nl/w...em=221375405463

I think this is a really good deal. What do you guys think?

edit: the seller has another offer with the english angel and plushie which ends today: http://www.ebay.nl/i...=item4ad06f9e5e

Edited by Camoth, 18 February 2014 - 06:09 AM.

• XXKayaXX likes this

Replies

Views

Started

18 Feb 2014

Last Post

19 Feb 2014

Counting Bodies Like Sheep

• counting-bodies-like-sheep user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:10 AM ( #2 )

Hmm. I'm not sure how much the plushes usually sell for, but my (then new) white US Angel was $29 including shipping. But I don't have the matching Angel holder so I couldn't say for sure :) 

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:04 AM ( #3 )

I don't think that was a steal of a deal, tbh... To me it's even overpriced, but this could be just me...

Itsumo-nana

• itsumo-nana user photo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:27 AM ( #4 )

I *think* I saw that plushie for around 20$...

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:36 AM ( #5 )

I saw no English Angels cheaper than that, even without the plushie. I've been watching a few weeks now and nothing came close to this price.

Aaah well, I'm happy ;)

• XXKayaXX likes this

Itsumo-nana

• itsumo-nana user photo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:52 AM ( #6 )

Theres an auction for an English angel going around 30$... besides, there are a few english ones on Ebay at the moment. Don't worry, everyone makes bad deals :) You could ask to return it to the seller? Will cost you the shipping but you'll save 30$.

• Camoth likes this

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:25 AM ( #7 )

Theres an auction for an English angel going around 30$... besides, there are a few english ones on Ebay at the moment. Don't worry, everyone makes bad deals :) You could ask to return it to the seller? Will cost you the shipping but you'll save 30$.

Hmm... I might have to improve my search tactics then. Its okay, I dont mind paying this price. I hardly ever bid. I almost always use buy it now.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:33 PM ( #8 )

Auctions can also increase in level quite a lot - so even if they start at around $30 they can end up being much more.  

I was always under the impression that American Angels go for much more than Japanese models.  Like around $50 -$95 for American (English) language compared to $35-$50 for Japanese.

Maybe it wasn't a steal of a deal, but I don't think it's so bad really.  If it is what you wanted and you are satisfied, that's the most important thing ;)

Edit: See this topic for a price guide: http://www.tamatalk....r-tradesellbuy/

• Itsumo-nana likes this

Itsumo-nana

• itsumo-nana user photo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:17 PM ( #9 )

Auctions can also increase in level quite a lot - so even if they start at around $30 they can end up being much more.  

If it is what you wanted and you are satisfied, that's the most important thing ;)

I don't know why, but since last week I've seen a P's finish for $22, a lot included a mint Osutchi for $20 not even get a bid, a NIB P1 end at $16... I watch Ebay very closely daily and at the time sellers would make more money with Buy It Nows than Bids :/

But it's true -and it's something easily forgotten, I think-, the most important thing is to be happy and enjoy the Tamagotchis we have <3 Have fun and enjoy that Angel! It looks so much fun *-*

Edited by Itsumo-nana, 18 February 2014 - 04:20 PM.

Camoth

• camoth user photo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:48 PM ( #10 )

I was always under the impression that American Angels go for much more than Japanese models.  Like around $50 -$95 for American (English) language compared to $35-$50 for Japanese.

Maybe it wasn't a steal of a deal, but I don't think it's so bad really.  If it is what you wanted and you are satisfied, that's the most important thing ;)

Edit: See this topic for a price guide: http://www.tamatalk....r-tradesellbuy/

Thanks for pointing out that thread!

I don't have the time to keep checking auctions. I prefer buying Tamagotchi's directly. Topic title was probably a bit over the top looking back now :P

Ah well, I'm happy with my plushie and my English Angel which I've wanted for quite a long time now.

SaitoHitomi

• saitohitomi user photo

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:42 AM ( #11 )

I don't know why, but since last week I've seen a P's finish for $22, a lot included a mint Osutchi for $20 not even get a bid, a NIB P1 end at $16... I watch Ebay very closely daily and at the time sellers would make more money with Buy It Nows than Bids :/

When I bid on my Yellow P's mine ended at $15 and I was astonished because the last one I bid on got almost to 70. So I think depending on the item you could make more.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:03 AM ( #12 )

But it's true -and it's something easily forgotten, I think-, the most important thing is to be happy and enjoy the Tamagotchis we have <3 Have fun and enjoy that Angel! It looks so much fun *-*

When I bid on my Yellow P's mine ended at $15 and I was astonished because the last one I bid on got almost to 70. So I think depending on the item you could make more.

I guess I didn't really make it clear that I was referring to auctions on something like an English language TamaAngel - not just any tamagotchi.  I do agree that other versions of tamagotchis can go for excellent prices at auction.  But it is still true that the coveted versions - either more popular, collectable, versions (for example) can fetch a lot more.

I've got a brand new mint in package V3 but they just don't go for the kind of price I'd like to get for it, so I am hanging onto it (still hoping that sometime in the future it will appreciate in value) :P