What Tamagotchi should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best Tama out of these?

• Music Star

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tama-Go with figures

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • ID L

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • P's

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • one of the Giga Pets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBlades

Reaction score
My boyfriend wanted to get me a Tama for Valentine's Day but couldn't decide on which one I'd like best. He asked me to pick one out on eBay, but I can't decide what I want most from my wishlist.

The Devilgotchi and the Digimon are out of the question because I don't want him to spend more than $60 at the most (since that's how much I spent on him).

I want something that isn't too needy but has a lot of features to play around with so I don't get bored of it. I'd like one that'll be interesting to log since I've been wanting to make one of my own since I joined the site.

P's and iD L have a lot of features but they are very needy. Music Star is very complicated but also is a lot more fun and interactive then the iD L and P's IMO. However, I feel you will enjoy the Tama-Go + figures the most! They are not easy to kill ( :p ) and each figure has two games and a shop! The item shops each have nine things to buy! There are clothes, toys, eletronics, etc. And watching them play with the items is really, really cute! The Makiko figure is especially amazing since it sells tickets for traveling to different locations. :) It's a lot of fun to watch!

Hope I helped!

I would go with the P's if I were you.
Does the P's require any pierces the way the Tama-Go requires figures?

Also, I know the P's and ID L can download items and things, but I don't have any kind of IR device. Is there anything I'd miss out on either of those versions because of that?

You have the option of buying pieces yo add more features like characters and items, but you dont need them to enjoy the device!! (I don't have any and its still great! :p )

Does the P's require any pierces the way the Tama-Go requires figures?

Also, I know the P's and ID L can download items and things, but I don't have any kind of IR device. Is there anything I'd miss out on either of those versions because of that?
Well a P's is still fun without pierces. It's like the iD L basically, without Henshin Jo and with less teen/toddler/baby characters.

P's and ID L both only have two built-in games (but so does the Tama-Go).

However, each character pierce has a game. :) For some reason, the Tama-Go games and the Tama-Go figure games seem much more fun than the P's and pierce games.

You miss out on a lot of games items, clothes, and other stuff without downloading buuuut there's still enough built-in content.

Also note that some P's characters can only be obtained by having four P's (and connecting them), which is hugely annoying IMO because you can't collect all the characters/unlock the final destination

Oh, and since nobody has said much about Giga Pets yet, they were actually my first virtual pet. I don't remember much about them except that mine died every single day. :p I wasn't a bad carer either, because I got Mametchi and then Tensaitchi on my first Tamagotchi XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the "not too needy" but enough features to keep you interested, I would agree with EMF and say the Tama-Go + figurine. That seems to strike the right kind of balance to me.

Giga Pets... I've run a couple and they are not too needy but not really big on interesting features IMO - I abandoned both of mine in favor of various tamagotchi versions :p

I will add however, that I found the V5 too needy with all the work on bonding levels, so I never ran the V6 Music Star - seemed to me like band practice was not greatly different to having to increase bonding levels all the time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the best, go for the P's.

*This gonna be my new slogan. 8)*

I don't get why people saying the P's is too needy. You can send it to preschool, school and work from early in the morning until 3/4pm. Then, it can survive on it's own until bedtime (an adult can, anyways).

Just like on the IDL, getting characters to the Friend stage unlocks new locations. Theres always something going on (visitors wanting to sell/buy from you, friends at the park...) and I never get bored of my P's. The pierces add a LOT of fun too (depends on the version, but they can add characters, locations, foods and snacks, minigames and connection games, clothing items, toys, room backgrounds... way much compared to the Tama-Go figures, that add a shop and a game). You can purchase most for $10 on Japanese sites such as HLJ ($23 on Ebay is way overpriced!!), so get your favorite and you'll be good!

The Go, without the figures that is, is pretty boring and suffers from a terrible lack of features. Figures aren't cheap, it will add you an extra 20-30$ and at that price, you can basically get a nib IDL.

If you're more interested in worldwide releases than Japanese, I'd totally tell you GET A V4.5!!! It's not needy at all, has just enough features for a Connection, more than 15 minigames (unlockable), the shells are awesome and the Ura characters always a surprise (-Omg! I just got a unicorn... or a kuchipatchi unicorn, ur... a kuchicorntchi?!) and very fun. <3

Seems like the P's is the most recommended. The two color versions are probably the ones I'm most interested in.

How long does it take to get the hang of playing with a Japanese Tama when you can't read Japanese?

Seems like the P's is the most recommended. The two color versions are probably the ones I'm most interested in.

How long does it take to get the hang of playing with a Japanese Tama when you can't read Japanese?
iD L was very easy for me to get the hang of even without looking at any guides or translations. :) The only thing you need to remember is which locations are which. You can still get mixed up every now and then when you have lots of locations unlocked but it's usually not difficult to remember.

P's however, confused the heck out of me even though it was my third color Tamagotchi. Also, you have to change the contrast, time, and sound by going to some sort of menu on the stat icon and you have to remember which options are which, instead of just doing it the same way as on most other Tamagotchis.

Also note that happiness is harder to get higher on the color versions, because instead of 4 or 5 slots it's a bar that only goes up a tiny bit when you use an item/play a game. The iD L games are only 30 seconds long but the P's games take a lot longer to win so it also takes more time to make them happier.

P's is only better than iD L if you plan to buy some piercings as well.

If the ID L is easier to use than the P's and has just as many features (minus the pierces), then I think I'm going to go with the ID L. I can always buy an IR device down the road, since I'm a completionist and not being able to get everything will bug me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back