Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi Friends - New shell designs!

tmgc friends shell designs

• Please log in to reply

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:05 PM ( #61 )

Are these already for sale?

No, not yet. I'm really hoping they come out this month.  :)  I heard August 8th (this Friday) but who knows for sure. Bandai America is being pretty vague about the release date. :angry:

• Carleesi likes this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:03 PM ( #62 )

I spoke to some people at Toys R Us and they told me September because they haven't been told anything about these and nothing shows in their database about them. plus a lot of new toy lines are coming in September so they said to check with them towards the end of August/early September.

• tamastar133 likes this

mimirabbit

• mimirabbit user photo

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:37 AM ( #63 )

They are in Canada, they were released on the first of August. The pink and black polka dots looks AWESOME in real life, as do the rest of the designs <3
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:05 AM ( #64 )

Yeah I know, Canada released them. But they're not out yet in the USA.

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:12 PM ( #65 )

I want one so bad hopefully they'll come out later this month

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:09 PM ( #66 )

They are in Canada, they were released on the first of August. The pink and black polka dots looks AWESOME in real life, as do the rest of the designs <3

So unfair. I was hoping TF would be released in Canada & USA at the same time. :(

jpzvrt.jpg

The Tamagotchi Friends Facebook page updated with this image today to show how the bump texting looks. I think the screen/pixels look pretty clear. Hopefully it's the same in real life. :)

Edited by MagicMimitchi, 07 August 2014 - 09:54 PM.

• YURIA★CHARMAINE likes this

black candy

• black-candy user photo

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:19 PM ( #67 )

So unfair. I was hoping TF would be released in Canada & USA at the same time. :(

jpzvrt.jpg

The Tamagotchi Friends Facebook page updated with this image today to show how the bump texting looks. I think the screen/pixels look pretty clear. Hopefully it's the same in real life. :)

I hope too, but looks like there's lot of saturation or filter...

Edited by black candy, 12 August 2014 - 05:22 PM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:06 AM ( #68 )

I keep looking at these shells... I think I know what they did.

The three obvious idl shells.
The purple jewel equal to the 15th anniversary shell.
Blue/White is equal to the plus color. (besides the shape...)
Pink/Black is equal to princess spacy idl.

Besides the designs... The inners of the designs remind me of the id colors... So making us happy by giving us the color shells, but mixed with the tamagotchi friends shells. Make sense guys?

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:26 AM ( #69 )

The idl shells seem like a way to hush questions over the English idls in stores in the uk and Australia but at the same time it's an already existing mold so it saves them money by using it all they do is take the slightly modified shell and make it different covers, lazy but cost effective.

Antiscian Cats

• antiscian-cats user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:26 AM ( #70 )

I agree. The same thing goes for the hardware, aside from the soundchip and NFC (and possibly screen) it's the same equipment that the Tama-Go has.

They basically built a cheap tamagotchi using existing parts, pretty sure they are doing this to test out the market since low production costs means less loss if tamagotchi don't take off the way they hope they will. :/

SailorRosette

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:27 AM ( #71 )

Ya. But still, atleast we have these new gotchi. They did a good job with the design and color choices. I instantly wanted them all but stuck with my original pick. The purple jewel. The bottom for batteries is different too. Maybe they'll keep that if the back thing doesn't work out. The cutting out of older tamagotchi connecting... Etc, but thats another story.
  • black candy likes this

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:53 PM ( #72 )

I saw  a scratch or two on the shells in the pictures 1, 5 and 6..I also saw some wear and a broken button on the polka dot shell. It's sad that Bandai wouldn't even take an EFFORT to at least make the shells in the stock pictures look decent.. :(

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:18 PM ( #73 )

Or maybe people shouldn't be so fussy :)

Anyway the sound of a Tama-Go is a lot different than the Tamagotchi Friends, and the Tamagotchi Friends actually has a different mold than an iD L.

There's nothing wrong with some of the shells looking like an iD L! Just think, the Version 4 looks exactly like the Entama when they're both completely different versions but nobody complains about that. People get more and more fussy every year  I guess :)

• Princess Lovelitchi, tamastar133 and YURIA★CHARMAINE like this

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:18 PM ( #74 )

Yeah, I might be too fussy about the shells...but whatever. :P

SailorRosette

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:09 PM ( #75 )

So I got an idl shell... For lack. Pink. I think its the paint scratched under the plastic, not the plastic itself. They didn't pick the best paint to last forever like the connections. If you guys want to keep the design (better) maybe a clear coat on top, carefully though. The pink/bow, purple/jewels, blue/stars in particular.
  • haileymametchi likes this

YURIA★CHARMAINE

• yuria%e2%98%85charmaine user photo

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:44 PM ( #76 )

I've decided on my favourite (although I like ALL of them. Bandai UK, you have hit the top spot on your first try. Amazing!) I think it's the second one (black and light pink with white dots and etc.) because it's really pretty. Even though they all are! My top 3 favourite designs are:

I SO can't wait for the new designs. There's no way out of 1st place now for Tamagotchi Friends. It may be on 800 now, but it's about to skyrocket into the thousands...and beyond!

Edited by YURIA★CHARMAINE, 16 August 2014 - 01:45 PM.

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

YURIA★CHARMAINE

• yuria%e2%98%85charmaine user photo

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:41 AM ( #77 )

It turns out these new shell designs aren't the only new things for the amazing Tamagotchi Friends. They mark wave two with a couple of changes and improvements.

I am getting really excited for the new designs and wave two as a whole. I like how they are releasing a whole new set of them but with two major changes (plus the quality of the screen has been improved too). Bandai US must have replicated the designs but made new shells and added different things to it.

Although the first wave is really good, wave two is going to make Tamagotchi Friends as a whole a lot better.

This is why my feedback score for TF went from 800 to 850.

chiiruchan

• chiiruchan user photo

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:55 AM ( #78 )

I like the purple jem one.  ^_^

rachelnapierart

• rachelnapierart user photo

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:23 PM ( #79 )

Sorry if this has been answered or seems redundant, but I've looked all over and can't quite figure it out! I want to get TF but I'm not sure which one to get. My two favorite shell designs are pink hearts (UK first wave, right?) and the purple jewels one (US second wave?) Am I correct? Am I better off getting the US new released dudes and does anyone think it would be worth adding the pink hearts to my collection? <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tmgc friends, shell designs