Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi P's/ID L help?

Best Answer   ichiro.malfoy , 14 March 2014 - 09:20 PM   Go to the full post   

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jaryd_c

• jaryd-c user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:53 PM ( #1 )

Hello everyone :D , i just purchased a tamagotchi p's on ebay today (woooo! :wacko: ) and i was wondering what infrared usb's will work with it? i have a mac if that makes any difference. I use to have an infrared phone that i put files on from my mac to the phone to my tamagotchi id l so i know its possible to do it from a mac. But if i purchase an infrared usb will that work?

Edited by jaryd_c, 14 March 2014 - 06:56 PM.

Replies

Views

Started

14 Mar 2014

Last Post

15 Mar 2014

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:20 PM ( #2 )     Best Answer  

Congratulations on getting the P's! They are one of the coolest versions! :D

Yes, USB infrared transmitters do work with the P's... I have one myself; although it's a pretty trickier process and most would prefer the phone route.

One of the members posted a guide with photos on how to make them work. Unfortunately, this is done this using Windows - I am not sure if this works the same way with a Mac.

• jaryd_c likes this

Tiffney

• tiffney user photo

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:36 PM ( #3 )

From what ive seen getting a cheapo IR phone off of craigslist or ebay is your best bet. People have a hard time with the USB

• jaryd_c likes this

jaryd_c

• jaryd-c user photo

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:19 AM ( #4 )

Congratulations on getting the P's! They are one of the coolest versions! :D

Yes, USB infrared transmitters do work with the P's... I have one myself; although it's a pretty trickier process and most would prefer the phone route.

One of the members posted a guide with photos on how to make them work. Unfortunately, this is done this using Windows - I am not sure if this works the same way with a Mac.

From what ive seen getting a cheapo IR phone off of craigslist or ebay is your best bet. People have a hard time with the USB

Thanks guys! i appreciate the help :)

amykola

• amykola user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:51 AM ( #5 )

hi! i use an infrared phone, and although it was quite a pain at the start (getting all the correct cards, etc) now it's a breeze. it only takes a few minutes to get the files from my computer and onto my tamas. i suggest the phone method, but my advice to you is to check out all the additional things (cards, card-readers, etc) that you may need beforehand! i realized after i bought the phone that i needed a lot of other things, and it ended up costing me a lot more money than i had anticipated. but it's totally worth it in the end ^_^