Prom!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.Tori.x

Reaction score
It's about that time, juniors and seniors start getting dates and dresses and suits.. getting ready for the big blowout at their school, where they get to show off for a night.. So... are you guys ready for prom? Doing anything special to get ready? Need help deciding on a dress or tux? Anything prom related.. who are you taking, how are you going to ask your date/how did you, etc.

:)

My prom is Great Gatsby themed I believe. I don't have a dress or anything yet, because I just got a date this weekend.. my best friend, Dayton, said he would love to be my date and take me.. so yeah. :) We're going shopping this coming weekend for his birthday so I will be looking at dresses and such..

So yeah! I'm excited to hear you guys' stories!!

I think last year the Great Gatsby was our theme, but I couldn't go since I was a sophomore at the time.

This year its Fairytale theme or something lol and I already have my dress.

I asked my friend to Prom since I like him but he's dumb and won't confess his love for me.

Pft whatever.

Ours is April 11th. And that day is the start of Spring Break.

I hate how its on a Friday though. :c Luckily minimum day

Reactions: Box
Our prom this year is Great Gatsby themed. Disappointingly, a disproportionate amount of people at my school are wondering, "Why is our prom based on a movie?"

Meh, I might've gotten asked last week and may or may not have been like pfffft prom why would I go to prom. FRIDAY WAS WEIRD OKAY

From several accounts, our school's prom usually involves this horrifying phenomenon known as "The Blob." Need I say more?

I dunno if I'll go to prom. I'm a junior and all, but to be honest I don't remember what day it's on and I'm not too bothered to find out unless I get asked. My mom told me to go if a certain person asks me. that may be the person i may or may not have turned down

Getting a prom dress would be a problem because I'm short, semi-skinny, and kind of hate wearing dresses. And I don't have any money. :p

The prom thing is usually reserved for potential graduates at my school. Unless i've been lied to and i'm actually allowed to attend..

My school's lied before (Well its actually the students who think what they say is rule)

Hmmm...prom... I have not gone to any prom and most likely will not since I wouldn't want to go anyway. :p I don't know entirely what goes on at proms, but if I did go to one I'd probably just be a little quiet and such and prefer to avoid large groups of others (slightly introverted). And I certainly would not want to get a "date" or something like that since I already have a friend elsewhere. <3 :3 I suppose proms are nice if they are safe quiet calm events, but perhaps not-so-nice if they go weird or problematic.

Aww you guys have fun!
I missed my prom, they didn't have enough tickets for our school year. So half went. Sucks!

Have yet to have a fancy pants night out like that!! *sadface*

So much Great Gatsby

Our school's doing that theme as well =/

Hmm weird. You would think that they would have done Great Gatsby theme the year the movie came out.

That's why ours was theme'd that last year.

Though I'm super exciting this year, my first prom (junior and senior combined since there isn't enough people to separate them).

I forgot to mention that me and my friends are getting a limo and we're going out to dinner before prom (Lets hope our outfits don't get dirty) and after prom we're going to go somewhere after but we have yet to decide where lol

There is no prom in Australia instead we have formal in yr 10 which is kinda like jr prom and then deb which is senior but way more extream and orderly. Do you pay to go In America because formal is 50 and deb is 200 for girls and 270 for guys. I'm going this year with a friend bit nerve racking.

*Furbitchi, what currency is the price of your prom tickets? If that's American currency, which I doubt because that would be super expensive, I would think that was ridiculous! D:

*You guys will have fun doing things before and after prom!

*I'm shocked so many schools are doing the Great Gatsby theme! I think I would have liked it better had my English teacher not ruined it for me.

(I apologize I'm not mentioning the usernames of the people I'm replying to, it wouldn't let me reply directly to your posts.)

*How could your school sell out of tickets? I would've protested!! XDXD

Lemme know if I missed anyone in my replies! Keep 'em coming! I'm enjoying reading them! :]

It's australian dollar which is the same as Americas only a few dollars difference. It's becuase of venue charge and dance lessons it's really formal.

I'm in Australia too! We don't call our dances proms, we have formals and socials. I'm in year 11 this year (junior year) which is the year for socials. They're like a formal but more casual. The theme is alter ego and I'm going as a fairy ^.^

Last year I went to two year 10 formals with two of my friends. It was so much fun, so if any of you are still deciding I would definitely recommend you going

I don't think my school's prom actually has a theme. But whatevs. I'm making my prom dress and I'm taking my best friend as my date. 'Cause the school doesn't care what gender the couples are. And that's pretty cool.

That's great they don't mind about gender. Recently in Australia there's been some drama in the news about that, about students accusing Catholic school about discrimination. I go to a Catholic school myself but I don't know what they would say about it. Also making your own dress is pretty cool. You must be very talented!

That's great they don't mind about gender. Recently in Australia there's been some drama in the news about that, about students accusing Catholic school about discrimination. I go to a Catholic school myself but I don't know what they would say about it. Also making your own dress is pretty cool. You must be very talented!
It Is different in some aussie schools though I mean I have formals and a deb ball instead of socials formal yr 10 and deb yr11 but they were wildly against same sex couples in deb its becuaee deb is a formal highly for girls night so i think now there is an exception for two girls but not two guys i dunno im just going with a friend because she asked me.

Well. Prom is this Saturday!

I think I'll spend prom night in my room eating grapes and reading books and stuff.

If I go to prom next year, though, I dare myself to wear a pantsuit...

I haven't been dress shopping yet.. it's getting dangerously close to prom and I still don't have one yet.. :(

I'm currently crushing on a new guy so I'm getting these super high hopes that he'll ask me but somehow I doubt it.

omg if you wear a pantsuit please record everyone's reactions xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back