Buttons...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizi

Reaction score
Hey there!

I'm new here and I really need your help. I've got three really old tamagotchis (1997) and the buttons are almost dead. I have to push them down pretty hard to get an reaction. The batteries are new, though!

Does anyone else have the same problem? Has anyone succeeded in fixing the buttons?

Greets from Germany^^

Trizi

I've had that problem too! I kinda got used to just pushing harder, but I might try out what EMF said!

This was also the case with one of my original generations. I tried EMFs suggestion of taking it apart, but that unfortunately didn't seem to help. I finally accepted that it was unplayable in the long-term. However, I can depress the buttons with a pen. I like the color; so I set up the clock, leave it in clock mode, disabled the sound and use it as my keychain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had this problem with a well-used connection (I forget which version)! I took apart the tamagotchi and actually replaced the heavily used buttons with buttons from another Tamagotchi that I didn't care for. It worked great for me! I'm sure you could do that with an ancestor Tamagotchi. If you don't have any buttons to replace the old ones with, I would try looking on ebay for an ancestor Tamagotchi that no longer works, but the buttons appear to be in good condition. Then you can switch the buttons!

I hope this helps!

I've ad that problem numerous times as well. Sometimes just cleaning the areas underneath the buttons, by rubbing with a cloth wet with alcohol cleanse, have helped, but in some cases it has been the buttons themselves that are worn down.

If you clean the button areas on the circuit board, make sure to take the screen out first! Otherwise the cleaning liquid will seep into the screen and background plate, damaging it.

Good news! After reading the BuddiLuvsYew's post I decided to re-open my p1. It didn't look dirty but I got the tiniest amount of alcohol on a cotton swab and lightly swabbed the area on the circuit board where the buttons press down onto. The tiniest bit of dust came onto the swab so I figure something must have happened.

I screwed it all back together and turned it on, and it works like new!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news! After reading the BuddiLuvsYew's post I decided to re-open my p1. It didn't look dirty but I got the tiniest amount of alcohol on a cotton swab and lightly swabbed the area on the circuit board where the buttons press down onto. The tiniest bit of dust came onto the swab so I figure something must have happened.

I screwed it all back together and turned it on, and it works like new!
That's awesome! I'm glag it worked out so well for you :)

I did expirence that but however I took it apart and found a lot of dust there, be careful not to disconnect the speaker and its delicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back