English iD L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama crazy

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm back here after many years away, so I'm learning a lot about the tamagotchis released since I've been gone. Anyway, I love the look of the iD L, and I would love to buy one. However, I'm looking for an English one and they seem both much rarer and a lot more expensive. Can someone tell me why this is? On ebay they range from $100 - $250, which seems a lot for a newly-released tamagotchi.

Do any of you have them? Where did you get them from?

Thank you! :wub:

I bought mine on eBay from the seller excelsports1144 for around $80. It came with all original packaging and was in perfect condition, seeming to have only been opened to check functionality. :)

Yeah, I've seen those listings... Well I can tell you that they are complete rip offs and way to over priced.You just have to keep look out on ebay because they should go for around 60-80 bucks in package! I've hardly see one that doesn't have a package and that's the one that I bought *-*

*edit I also got mine from ebay off a seller who was completely clueless about tamagotchis which is why they sold one in perfect condition (no package) to me for 15 bucks haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest I found: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Tamagotchi-iDL-Color-Monitor-Electronic-Pet-English-Version-Yellow-Color-/121309292884?pt=Electronic_Battery_Windup_Toys_US&hash=item1c3e98e954

Keep a search favorite so you get emails the next day of when one is posted. One seller who sold them for decent prices appears to have sold out, sadly.

You might be better off with a regular Japanese one for half the cost. The language barrier isn't too bad and there's plenty of guides online to help you learn everything.

I was lucky to find one in a Japanese department store in Singapore recently. It was about 56usd.

They sold them at Sydney and Melbourne Myers, and all Toys R' Us's for Christmas, which were $70 each, and I got the last one :p

Yeah, and if I were you I'd go for Blue, Green and White if you plan on selling it later, trust me, they are MUCH rarer than Pink, Yellow and Purple c:

Yeah, I've seen those listings... Well I can tell you that they are complete rip offs and way to over priced.You just have to keep look out on ebay because they should go for around 60-80 bucks in package! I've hardly see one that doesn't have a package and that's the one that I bought *-*

*edit I also got mine from ebay off a seller who was completely clueless about tamagotchis which is why they sold one in perfect condition (no package) to me for 15 bucks haha
I should clarify that it was essentially new in package, the seller had just placed a small sticker with their eBay name on the inside of the packaging - I'd posit that the price I paid is average. Certainly not a cheap deal, however not overpriced.

Thanks so much guys ^_^ Thanks for the links, I've put them on my watch list for when I have the money, and thanks also for the price range - there's one for $250, and I won't be buying that!

I'll definitely be buying the green one, mostly because I like it the best. I live in Australia and I can't believe I missed them over Christmas! Very annoyed.

I went to singapore years ago and I was lucky enough to find a kakeibo. I still have it to connect to my entama and I love it.

Pink, yellow, and purple colors were rereleased in some places so they're going around $80ish... which isn't that bad considering when they were first released, you couldn't find one for much less than that.

If you're after green, you may need to pay up to $120 :( $100 would be a good price for the other colors if it's new in packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back