Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:14 PM ( #273 )

I'm not sure to buy this Tamagotchi, do they transform with your permission like the henshinjo or they transform without your permission?
I don't like some of the transformations, I wish there was the henshinjo instead of post-adults transformations.
I don't want an Ikemen Kuchipatchi or man Melodytchi.
The henshinjo was awesome...
I miss the lottery of the +Color too, I love it

they only evolve into these if you care for them a certain way for example if you feed Kuchipatchi too much he becomes a big ball but you can have him turn back into Kuchipatchi just by feeding him less and playing games with him so all these transformations are reversible it's just the same as the henshinjo just what you do will effect how your Tama looks.
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:34 PM ( #274 )

they only evolve into these if you care for them a certain way for example if you feed Kuchipatchi too much he becomes a big ball but you can have him turn back into Kuchipatchi just by feeding him less and playing games with him so all these transformations are reversible it's just the same as the henshinjo just what you do will effect how your Tama looks.

Reminds me of the Osutchi/Mesutchi

• furbitchi likes this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:40 AM ( #275 )

HD.....ooooooohhh

**drools**

I love Mametchis sprite, that Kuchipatchi burns my eyes..... :P

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:01 AM ( #276 )

dat Kuchipatchi sprite looks so swaggy tho B)

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:36 AM ( #277 )

I don't think it's the same, I know you can get Ikemen Kuchipatchi by playing games too much...seems like I have to do nothing to have normal characters (Mametchi: good care= scientist, bad care= biker).
Hmm...I think the new trasformations are just lazy and useless, this Tamagotchi looks lazy, sorry Bandai, but I'll still play with my P's and I'll wait for the 2015 release.
Not complaining about the NFC anymore, I found an adpater for computers, but the infrared was better, you can't make multiconnections with the 4U like the P's does, I love the connection games, too bad they can't be played on iD Ls.
Everyone is so excited for the 4U, but it isn't the right Tamagotchi for me in my opinion.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:43 AM ( #278 )

There won't be a 2015 release most likely, they're releasing the colours every two years now, I guess... plus NFC is better than Infrared, the world changes, they need to keep up with good technology, not ancient Infrared. Bandai wasn't lazy, they needed something new, you know, I was getting bored of the ID L format, now, something new!

oh well, i still respect your opinion though :)
  • furbitchi and Eternal Mametchi Fan like this

joonchoon

• joonchoon user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:14 AM ( #279 )

Tokyo-toys have lowered their price to $78! 

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:54 AM ( #280 )

I don't think it's the same, I know you can get Ikemen Kuchipatchi by playing games too much...seems like I have to do nothing to have normal characters (Mametchi: good care= scientist, bad care= biker).
Hmm...I think the new trasformations are just lazy and useless, this Tamagotchi looks lazy, sorry Bandai, but I'll still play with my P's and I'll wait for the 2015 release.
Not complaining about the NFC anymore, I found an adpater for computers, but the infrared was better, you can't make multiconnections with the 4U like the P's does, I love the connection games, too bad they can't be played on iD Ls.
Everyone is so excited for the 4U, but it isn't the right Tamagotchi for me in my opinion.

Don't worry, I wasn't too hyped about it at first either. ;3

But I really love how this Tamagotchi connects with the anime :D The babysitting and post adult forms seem like so much fun.

In 2015 they MIGHT release a special edition Tamagotchi 4U like they released EXILE and Hexagontchi TMGC+Cs, Lovely Melody and Conan iDs, 15th Anniv. and Princess Spacy iD Ls, and the P's had the special sets.

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 18 July 2014 - 05:55 AM.

• Tamacass likes this

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:05 AM ( #281 )

xD it's so funny that they started the prices so high and are slowly dropping them... maybe they overestimated the hype?

That being said... I think the 4U is wonderful so far. I like the different transformations, they're fun and add a small element of novelty to this release. And though the prospect of a 2015 special release is tempting and I've spent the remainder of my hobby fund on my other (way more expensive //sob) main hobby, I still think I will be preordering one this year. The 4U came at just the right time for me (when I was getting back into Tamas) so I think I'd like to call this fate. Besides I haven't been so hyped about something in a long while. 

I don't know why I see so many negative comments about this release. Everyone disliked the infrared before (general, not literal everyone) so now that they changed it why do I see everyone complaining about the NFC? People disliked the P's for the pierces (I love it for this same reason, but still) so the 4U comes with everything bundled inside and your usual downloads. Also 'too many new characters' has been floating around for years, so they took that away too. TLDR; I think we should really stop looking at all the negative things and focus on the positive, if anything. Every release comes with things we love and things that we don't really like all that much that's just how it works with everything. 

Edited by Soenattchi, 18 July 2014 - 06:06 AM.

• furbitchi, Eternal Mametchi Fan, Tamacass and 1 other like this

Carleesi

• carleesi user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:09 AM ( #282 )

I don't know why I see so many negative comments about this release. Everyone disliked the infrared before (general, not literal everyone) so now that they changed it why do I see everyone complaining about the NFC? People disliked the P's for the pierces (I love it for this same reason, but still) so the 4U comes with everything bundled inside and your usual downloads. Also 'too many new characters' has been floating around for years, so they took that away too. TLDR; I think we should really stop looking at all the negative things and focus on the positive, if anything. Every release comes with things we love and things that we don't really like all that much that's just how it works with everything. 

This is what I always think when I see complaints about new things.
New things = "no, meh, I liked old stuff, it was so cool, why didn't they do that in this one too"
Old things = "what the heck bandai, same stuff all the time, we need improvement and more new things"

It's always like that. :D

• furbitchi, Eternal Mametchi Fan, *Hayden* and 2 others like this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:12 AM ( #283 )

Hey everyone! I sent HLJ a letter about the Tamagotchi 4U and well.. Here's their reply~

Dear Tony,

Thank you for writing. We will be carrying the Tamagotchi 4U items! They will be uploaded pretty soon.

Best Regards,

Kunihiko Matsugu
HobbyLink Japan
http://www.hlj.com
  • kuromametchifan123, ichiro.malfoy and Pashalin like this

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:01 AM ( #284 )

Hey everyone! I sent HLJ a letter about the Tamagotchi 4U and well.. Here's their reply~

Dear Tony,

Thank you for writing. We will be carrying the Tamagotchi 4U items! They will be uploaded pretty soon.

Best Regards,

Kunihiko Matsugu
HobbyLink Japan
http://www.hlj.com

Yess! I just about scraped together the money to order a 4U :)

derekq

• derekq user photo

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:37 AM ( #285 )

Thanks DJYellow22, I am going to start saving up now so I could buy it.

tamagotchirocks

• tamagotchirocks user photo

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:10 PM ( #286 )

Woah theres a new tamagotchi 4u? Im so late!xD Did itrelease yet and if so, what isthe price range? Sorry I absolutely have no clue, my apologies!

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:22 PM ( #287 )

Woah theres a new tamagotchi 4u? Im so late!xD Did itrelease yet and if so, what isthe price range? Sorry I absolutely have no clue, my apologies!

You might want to read the previous pages ;)

The release date is written on the topic's title  :lol:

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:56 PM ( #288 )

Anybody know what those expensive TamaTomo Link stickers on Amiami are? They release in October; could they come with "touch spot" things for the Tamagotchi 4U?

http://www.amiami.jp...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

zakki-

• zakki user photo

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:46 PM ( #289 )

Anybody know what those expensive TamaTomo Link stickers on Amiami are? They release in October; could they come with "touch spot" things for the Tamagotchi 4U?
http://www.amiami.jp...cnt=0$pagecnt=1

I am Japanese but I didn't knew Tamatomo link seal!
You are quick to find!!
It's information is not available in japan too.
(Sorry,I can't use English well)